Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006
I like this, specially with the focal plane being right on the pistol's emblem. Unfortunately, at that zoom, I can't quite make it out... What is it?
Thanks for kind words! It's a Ruger .22 lr/magnum, single action revolver.

madredhatter22

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2007
3708810522_c2afd0519b.jpg

sonor

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
London, UK

fayre001.jpg

Did a bit of speed-portrait-shooting at a school summer fair the other day...5 minutes per sitting, in the corner of the garden. Had to keep throwing everything under cover every time it started to rain, but it was quite enjoyable really.

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
3705356117_25f86ee773.jpg

This is my friend John eating a burger the other day. Totally candid, and I was not even planning on taking a photo until I saw the amazing burger he had made. Then he made/ate two more, and we went swimming, and he puked :confused:

I'm on a diet right now. That is the most beautiful burger I've ever, ever, ever, ever, ever seen.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN

Prairie Fire
Canon XSi
Canon EF 70-200 f/4 L

Would someone please tell if this photos' color looks flat? It looks great in Photoshop but it seems to be about 20 percent less saturated on Flickr. Thanks. As usual, C&C always welcome.

scott2006

macrumors member
May 1, 2006
burnsville, MN

Prairie Fire
Canon XSi
Canon EF 70-200 f/4 L

Would someone please tell if this photos' color looks flat? It looks great in Photoshop but it seems to be about 20 percent less saturated on Flickr. Thanks. As usual, C&C always welcome.

they do look a little dull. How do you like your 70-200? I just got the IS edition and i was noticing it makes the camera front heavy :p. Do you put on the grip or anything as a counter weight?

LJR

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2007
Thatcham, UK

Prairie Fire
Canon XSi
Canon EF 70-200 f/4 L

Looks nice to me. If your colours are muted in flickr then ensure you are uploading an image in sRGB colourspace and not AdobeRGB. Most browsers unfortunately do not render AdobeRGB images correctly. There's configuration setting in Firefox 3 and above where you can enable it but it's not enabled by default.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
they do look a little dull. How do you like your 70-200? I just got the IS edition and i was noticing it makes the camera front heavy :p. Do you put on the grip or anything as a counter weight?

I also just got my 70-200. I don't use a extra battery grip yet, but I might consider doing so. I just ordered a tripod mounting ring for the lens to see if that will help even things up when on the tripod.

LJR said:
Looks nice to me. If your colours are muted in flickr then ensure you are uploading an image in sRGB colourspace and not AdobeRGB. Most browsers unfortunately do not render AdobeRGB images correctly. There's configuration setting in Firefox 3 and above where you can enable it but it's not enabled by default.

Thanks for the info, my images have been in AdobeRGB. I'll have to go back and change them.

scott2006

macrumors member
May 1, 2006
burnsville, MN
I also just got my 70-200. I don't use a extra battery grip yet, but I might consider doing so. I just ordered a tripod mounting ring for the lens to see if that will help even things up when on the tripod.

What are some good spots in Minnesota to shoot? I am new in Minnesota :(

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
fayre001.jpg

Did a bit of speed-portrait-shooting at a school summer fair the other day...5 minutes per sitting, in the corner of the garden. Had to keep throwing everything under cover every time it started to rain, but it was quite enjoyable really.

Love the detail and the expression. Nice :D

"The Mull Of Kintyre"

Landscape very rarely does anything for me....I am liking this one tho! Wonderful colors--great shot :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.