Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Gently Out to Sea

-

RetiredRowboat.jpg

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Thanks all for the responses. :)

As promised here is another from that shoot. A few adjustments in Camera RAW, cloned out a few noise specs, cloned in a few more of the (star)trails, and just a slight crop. I'm quite pleased with this one.

C & C would be greatly appreciated on this one.

Click for large...

Exif Info:
Camera: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
Exposure: 90
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 100

bushbeat

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2009
I got a new travel camera last week. It's a Pansonic tz10, replacing the old Rollei 35...
This image is the very first long distance shot. Taken with zoom and auto (iA) in Norway at the midsummer bonfire "Slinningsbålet". The bonfire is manually build by young people and it was an amazing event. I also uploaded a short video to youtube with more shots/video if anyone is interested in seeing the thing burn and fall http://bit.ly/a3QO3c

previouspal.jpg

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Another shot with my new lens. On the Pacific Lutheran University campus.

pinkfloweraz.jpg

EXIF Summary: 1/400s f/8.0 ISO100 100mm 2.8 macro aka The Unforgiving Servant

Dale

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Another academic year gone , now I get to play around !!

IMG_3291c.jpg

5d mk2 , 100 2.8w/ 2x extender , iso 800 , f22@1/200 , AV , 430 EX flash

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
I got a new travel camera last week. It's a Pansonic tz10, replacing the old Rollei 35...
This image is the very first long distance shot. Taken with zoom and auto (iA) in Norway at the midsummer bonfire "Slinningsbålet". The bonfire is manually build by young people and it was an amazing event. I also uploaded a short video to youtube with more shots/video if anyone is interested in seeing the thing burn and fall http://bit.ly/a3QO3c

previouspal.jpg

Very interesting place to have a bonfire... it looks like it's made from wooden pallets. I'd be really afraid of climbing that thing to the top, no doubt. :eek: But all in all, a really neat shot. I'd like it even more if the tower wasn't centered so perfectly

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com

Film (Colour)

Camera: Canon EOS 1000D
Exposure: 0.25 sec (1/4)
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 200

Opened up a few 99p disposable cameras purely to see what film was in them. The coincidence of getting red, yellow, green and blue was not planned in the slightest. Have an idea to build a photo frame around these. Soon.

There's a B&W version of this shot too here, but didn't feel it gave the canisters colour justice.

GregPQ

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2010
Massachusetts

previouspal.jpg
Norway! I thought the photo was impressive, but then I watched your video. Wow. What did you use to shoot the video? I have to say, it looks dangerous with all those people up there...
Greg

bushbeat

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2009
... it looks like it's made from wooden pallets. I'd be really afraid of climbing that thing to the top, no doubt. :eek: But all in all, a really neat shot. I'd like it even more if the tower wasn't centered so perfectly

Yes, a lot of wooden pallets :) I'm not sure how they get hands on so many every year.
I did take a few more shots - not centered, but they were even less sharp and without the fog (is that the right word? Mist?). I did not process the image, but will try to crop it. Thanks for that info.

Norway! I thought the photo was impressive, but then I watched your video. Wow. What did you use to shoot the video? I have to say, it looks dangerous with all those people up there...
Greg

Used my new little tz10 for images and video. It's a pocketcamera with more zoom (up to 16x). Just handheld and point/shoot on auto.
I'm not from Norway, but happened to be in the area. I was told that it has been a tradition for many years for the local kids (14-19 years old!) It looks dangerous, but it must be a great place to grow up.

Thanks a lot for the replies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.