Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Spent a day out on the water today.

bm.jpg

Great portrait! What kind of flash (if any) did you use?

rost12

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2008
Great portrait! What kind of flash (if any) did you use?

Thanks. I had my 580EX flash on, pointed straight at her with the built-in little plastic diffusor on. It's a bit harsh (can see it on her right cheek), I gotta try that Gary Fong Lightsphere sometime.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Thanks. I had my 580EX flash on, pointed straight at her with the built-in little plastic diffusor on. It's a bit harsh (can see it on her right cheek), I gotta try that Gary Fong Lightsphere sometime.

I'm a fan of my GF Lightspehere, but had I taken any time to actually research alternatives I wouldn't have paid $50 for it. It's an easy tool to make on your own. I'm not saying that it is a bad tool, just something that I think I could have made on my own for cheaper and it wouldn't look "ghetto" at all. Lucky for me though I didn't have to pay shipping, I simply met one of his buddies at a coffee shop and picked it up. I do really enjoy the Lightsphere so buy it or make it, it does do exactly what it is supposed to do.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
I know about East Hastings; a group of us were warned to avoid the area when we in the Van. Naturally I took a walk through and back.

East Hastings is thriving compared to some areas almost within sight of here though. I'll be posting some on SSP in the near future.

Wish I'd been with you, you wouldn't have had to run. But that was the point another forumer made, that going alone isn't always a good idea.

Yeah, it certainly is thriving.. Someone I know described the corner of Main and Hastings as an 'open air drug market'..

There is definitely strength in numbers. When I go back there I know that I will go in a group... And I won't be so brazen about wandering down back alleys either.

Here's another photo from that session:

2576647368_4a3b099755.jpg

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Rake

I shot a charity golf event yesterday. Fortunately, I got there early and ended up with the chance to do some shots for the club where the event was held. I spent the time before tee-off shooting the pitch and putt course for the club. This was just a grab shot during the event on the main course.

rake_pp.jpg

A little hue change, a fair saturation boost, then a cooling filter applied in PS to offset some of the hue change.

bob3

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2006
usa
2578466957_3c14ea87f0.jpg

Camera: Sony DSLR-A100
Exposure: 0.004 sec (1/250)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 70 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
Nice PeteB. Storm troooooopers

And Nikudz I very much like the composition.. how wide was your lens for that one?

Here's another for today: Is it a map of paris? A piece of parchment? No, it's a leaf! :) C&C welcome since I am still struggling to produce a 'leaf picture' that I am comfortable with.

20080615-muftam9werya2ch6w9aypj4u9n.jpg

Also, I strongly agree with jessica about building your own diffuser/lightspheres. I personally don't care how ghetto my gear looks, as long as it works.. I have about 4 different styrofoam/white card contraptions stuck together with tape that I use for various different applications on my flash.. The only downside is that they fall apart if it's raining.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
My friend took this a while ago but I wanted to post it cuz I think it's an amazing pic.

Not bad for a sony CyberShot. :D It's not as good as all the other (professional) pics.

Attachments

• AvA3-flickr.jpg
    AvA3-flickr.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 92
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.