Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Between a rock and Herdwick... ;)

dsc9441rm7.jpg

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
Thanks, Anubis! Comments like that make it all worthwhile. :)

This house has become a subject of considerable interest for me. I took a lot of shots of it that day, and I will go back there soon to get more details and shots from the road level. I love how the old house seems to be hiding behind that bank of trees, as if trying to avoid detection and remain standing despite the encroaching modern world.

Here's another shot from that day (click to enlarge):

ForgottenHouse3BW.jpg

This view doesn't capture the same sense of isolation that the first shot does, but I think it makes a nice black-and-white.

I would really love to own that house. It really does look beautiful. I am looking forward to more shots of this house.

danedane5

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
My girlfriend and I driving to Oregon (taken with Photo Booth n MBP...unsafe i know haha)

Attachments

• Photo 24.jpg
    Photo 24.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 65

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Here's a link to the original file size (click on the image for larger).

Generous of you to link your original file, but I would resize to a respectable wallpaper size and offer that. I am only saying that because this is a great image that any one of us could easily "make our own". Not to question the ethics of some, but this is the internet. ;) Protect your best works...this is a great photo, I'd protect it.

PS it is now my wallpaper and the file name is "Zion National Park by Martin Carela.jpg". Take credit for your good work. :)

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
downtownkansascityfisheye.jpg

One handheld RAW // HDR // Shutter: 1/800 // Aperture: f/6.3 // Focal Length: 15 mm // ISO 100

Wow very nice! Your HDRs never cease to amaze me.

Here is an Onion blossom from our garden. Tell me what you think

20080618-ciqptgut8if93thr9t42u8scgk.jpg

Nikon D50
Shutter: 1/90th
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 300mm
ISO: 200

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
Wow very nice! Your HDRs never cease to amaze me.

Here is an Onion blossom from our garden. Tell me what you think

20080618-ciqptgut8if93thr9t42u8scgk.jpg

Nikon D50
Shutter: 1/90th
Focal Length: 300mm
ISO: 200

I really like it, the green of the background plus the green around the edges of the...seeds? pods? add nice colour. The soft edges around the flower are also neat

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
Generous of you to link your original file, but I would resize to a respectable wallpaper size and offer that. I am only saying that because this is a great image that any one of us could easily "make our own". Not to question the ethics of some, but this is the internet. ;) Protect your best works...this is a great photo, I'd protect it.

PS it is now my wallpaper and the file name is "Zion National Park by Martin Carela.jpg". Take credit for your good work. :)
Thanks Jessica, the piratical nature of the internet slipped my mind there--thank you for bringing me to my senses.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
More B&W

This is a different view of the same pond that gnd posted a couple of days ago. We spent about an hour taking pictures there. I had a lot of trouble deciding which photo to post!

ReflectingPond1.jpg

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
2573601135_12193a20fb_b.jpg

I know I could have cropped this one down, but I quite like it this way :eek:

This is a very nice composition, but the saturation is WAAAAAY too high for my liking, especially in the greens. The bushes on the riverside are killing me (in fact, I'd wager than the green channel is pretty close to totally clipped on those pixels).

But the composition is very nice. Well done.

ertemplin

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2008
Another addition

Camera: Nikon D60
Exposure: 0.033 sec (1/30)
Focal Length: 200 mm
ISO Speed: 800

Taken about 3 hours after a huge hailstorm hit northern indiana.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.