Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kayes

macrumors regular
May 9, 2008
alone

zooflow.jpg

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
girlfriend's 21st

Model: Canon EOS 5D
Shutter Speed: 1/10 second
F Number: F/4.0
Focal Length: 17 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Date Picture Taken: Jun 24, 2008, 9:11:15 PM

fireworks2b.jpg

ma0928

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2008
Columbia, MO
Lilys

Orange Lily's after a nice rain shower. I couldn't decide which to post so I posted both.

Attachments

• Lily.JPG
    Lily.JPG
    454.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Lily2.JPG
    Lily2.JPG
    639.7 KB · Views: 78

mac-convert

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2006
Are we there yet?
Judging by the shadows of the trees, you've shot this right in the middle of the day, with the sun almost directly overhead... which produces washed-out colours, an overall blue cast and little differentiation between foreground, middleground and background.

You can play around with adjustments in Photoshop... but it still won't look right. If you were to take the same shot early in the morning, or late afternoon/evening, you'd have directional side-lighting, more definition, and the colours would really 'sing'. Maybe a couple of golfers striding down the fairway too... :)

You are right on target with your observations. I had already noticed that when I processed these, and learned a valuable lesson about lighting. I shot the back nine a few days ago later in the afternoon, but I think I still need to get out later in the day. The next course I shoot I will do that, and based on the photos in that last shoot, yes, a few golfers did enhance the content. Thanks for the comments.

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
As posted in the weekly contest thread (what can I say, I'm competitive :eek:) - the 'Sometimes' makes me smile every time.....

2610826766_f708b29ebc_b.jpg

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Architecture. Always makes me think of great b/w slides I saw ages ago, made by a architecture student during her stay in prague. Never saw b/w slides again.
IMG_2778.jpg

djchristie

macrumors member
May 25, 2006
Falkland Islands
Nice shot. Is that from the Stoa of Attalos?

Yep, it is indeed. Was amazing that I got the shot with nobody in it, as the place was crawling all day. Waited until near closing and got it to myself which was awesome. Same with the other ancient sites, either really early or really late and I was missing the crowds. Loved Athens, worked there for 4 months and my favorite city ever.

Superman07

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
My first contribution to this thread! I took this last year while in Montreal. Comments are welcome. :)
DSC_0188.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.