Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordygreen

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
London, UK
2562086436_ec708f87f9.jpg

Slight HDR added from 3 RAW shots.

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
It seemed to me that HDR's are getting popular again so i went out and shot one today.

HDR from 9 exposures
Camera: Nikon D300
Aperture: f/14
Focal Length: 17 mm

hector

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
Cheltenham, UK
p605188824-3.jpg

Lightning last night made for some interesting patterns over downtown Toronto - like this figure 8.

f8 / 8sec / ISO 200

Cannot believe no-one has commented on this, what a phenomenal photo!
Can you give us any more info about the shot like how long it took you to get? I have always wanted to take a photo of lightning.
Inspirational stuff

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everythingisnt
Nice, Fett!

Is that really in Alberta? Whenever I think of you guys I imagine a huge, empty desert..
It is...that's all the water we got!!

Of course of joking, I'm thinking of coming to Vancouver just to get away from all this rain.

Don't come to Vancouver if you want to avoid the rain :rolleyes:

It rains 300 days of the year here.

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
LOL - look what i've done. I turned the photo of the day thread into a discussion about Vancouver's weather. Quick somebody post a photo!!

nukiduz

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2006
I think it's a good portrait but there are some things you may want to consider:
- there is too much space on the right side and too little above her. blank spaces are allright but i don't see that much interest on the wall.
- the grainy effect doesn't really work, I'd like it more clean.
- try using rulers in PS (cmd+R) and you'll see the wall lines aren't completely straight. this is quite important if you have so many lines in the picture. I think you should rotate it a little bit clockwise and maybe apply the lens distortion filter.
- more contrast between the wall and the girl's skin could help.
- don't take this too seriously, I am quite new to the photography world ;)

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I just dropped this off in Nolan's Myspace comments... wish I had messed with that color cast a bit first. Does anyone have a trick for evening out the whites in an image like this other than the generic white balance adjustment that I've tended to use? I'd love to get those whites white without messing up the blue greens in the water. It was under a cloud so the whites didn't pop like I wish... c+c always welcome!:)

_1140823.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.