Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Critique welcome.
IMG_1247.jpg

You've thought about the composition but, with such a wide-angled view, once the eye has followed the lines of perspective into the distance, there isn't enough 'reward' at the end: the white house is too small to hold the attention.

I don't know what it was that that inspired you to take this pic. I can't detect any enthusiasm... apart from maybe giving your wide-angle a workout. And the dull, flat light doesn't help... Just my two-pennorth... ;)

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
You've thought about the composition but, with such a wide-angled view, once the eye has followed the lines of perspective into the distance, there isn't enough 'reward' at the end: the white house is too small to hold the attention.

I don't know what it was that that inspired you to take this pic. I can't detect any enthusiasm... apart from maybe giving your wide-angle a workout. And the dull, flat light doesn't help... Just my two-pennorth... ;)

Thanks for the input!

Couldn't do much about the light... there was maybe 15 seconds of sunlight during the entire 8 days I was visiting Dublin. The rest of the time it was dark, cold, and foggy :eek:

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
2558944276_60282c6fcc.jpg

My son and I spent a good part of today watching dog agility trials at the local park. I'm not sure if the people that put their dogs through this are certified clinically insane, but if not they should be ;)

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
Thanks for the compliments and yeah, maybe I will go back there and use an in-camera zoom to blur the buses..

Fyi this was taken at a big bus depot.. It was a reaallly exciting place (literally hundreds of buses lined up in rows)... Also it was totally abandoned.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Wow, all these beautiful vivid shots... I submit one a little different. The sun continued to shine from it's southern angle in wintertime, as the squall crossed over the sand bar. It is not a noisy photo, only rainy and cold. Wasn't willing to let a little water spoil our fun!:D

_1060170.png

Lumix L1 / ZD 70-300mm @ 226mm
ISO 400
f/7.1
1/2600"

c+c always welcome!:)

mac-convert

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2006
Are we there yet?
I walked outside and saw this across the street, a neighbors cat on their car. I can think of a few hundred captions here. I cropped and did very little adjusting. Shot it RAW and processed in Aperture from my brand new Canon XTi, stock lens.

Attachments

• Are we there yet.jpg
    Are we there yet.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 112

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
Mac-Convert, that picture of the cat is priceless! :D

And Hans, I agree with the others that you need to get more of the track and runner and less of the background.. Maybe if you got a bit closer/higher and used landscape orientation instead of portrait orientation?

Anyways, here's another bus photo... Once again, props to Valdore for inspiration.

20080608-dekgminee5841m86s3bexxau3t.jpg

D300 handheld 16mm 1/400th second, HDR from 1 RAW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.