Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I like this composition better but like the feel of the B&W one of the stairs more.
Both are nice but I like the view of the stairs in the B&W photo better but prefer the colour photo if that makes sense; I would think that colour on an overcast day would give it a more interesting feel and let the rich colours pop a little more.

My two cents.

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll have a play with them and see if the B&W works better for number two, or if Colour works better for number one!
B&W verses colour is one of the hardest decisions I find in PP.

This one is best in colour though I'm sure. Inside the caves at the same park.

_DSC4194 by apple fanboy1, on Flickr

Comments always welcome.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
34691210133_0ca4f10d32_h.jpg

Leica M9 with Zeiss Planar 50mm @F2

mollyc

macrumors G3
Aug 18, 2016
Up at Whitelees windfarm last night with the camera for a Summer Solstice sunset walk. Unfortunately the clouds came in and ruined the sunset but still got to play with filters a bit.

DSC02700.jpg by Ken OHagan, on Flickr

I love clouds at sunset. Well, really at anytime. They make for more interesting photos, IMO. There is is actually a huge group of photographers I know who swap skies like crazy just to put clouds back into photos!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll have a play with them and see if the B&W works better for number two, or if Colour works better for number one!
B&W verses colour is one of the hardest decisions I find in PP.

This one is best in colour though I'm sure. Inside the caves at the same park.

_DSC4194 by apple fanboy1, on Flickr

Comments always welcome.

Love this perspective!

My kids are home for the summer! Yay!

FB_June_23_2017_001.jpg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I love clouds at sunset. Well, really at anytime. They make for more interesting photos, IMO. There is is actually a huge group of photographers I know who swap skies like crazy just to put clouds back into photos!

Love this perspective!

My kids are home for the summer! Yay!

View attachment 705540
Thanks.

You'll be packing them off to summer camp before you know it!

Reactions: mollyc

georgeinnj

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010
New Jersey, USA
RGB.jpg

I was going out and glanced up to see this RGB palette
[doublepost=1498321590][/doublepost]
Another one from Hawkstone then. This one in colour.
Not sure which I prefer this or yesterday's B&W.

_DSC4185 by apple fanboy1, on Flickr

For me this one came out stronger because more of the texture of the rocks and moss was visible. The b&w version had stronger mood but seemed to lose some detail, maybe to high a contrast. Have you tried a shot where the camera is set lower and it's looking up the walk?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
View attachment 705569

I was going out and glanced up to see this RGB palette
[doublepost=1498321590][/doublepost]

For me this one came out stronger because more of the texture of the rocks and moss was visible. The b&w version had stronger mood but seemed to lose some detail, maybe to high a contrast. Have you tried a shot where the camera is set lower and it's looking up the walk?
Sadly I didn't. I was with Mrs AFB so shooting time was a little more hurried than if I'd been on my own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.