Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brogan

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2008
Taken in San Francisco (Captain Obvious here) a little while ago:

269632767_xSXyg-L.jpg

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
posted this in the assignment thread as well. :eek:

here's a shot I took last weekend with my polaroid pinhole camera I made. :)
this house (even these ruins) don't exist anymore (destroyed and removed sometime in the week between when I shot this and when I drove back by).

pinholeRuins.jpg

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Winter Hills (near Dalwhinnie, Scotland)

2351242537_c3478347d1_b.jpg

SolracSelbor Thanks, yes is a bit dark it was actually 5xp hand held combined in photomatix, I'm still not great with the whole hdr thing :confused: I actually prefer one of the non combined shot's I took but due to the castle being silhouetted with the sun the shadow details were still too dark in it. (practice makes perfect)

TheReef Thanks, I like your photo It makes me want to go jump on a plane somewhere warm instead of here .

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
IMG_8035_6_7_tonemapped+copy.jpg

Three handheld RAWs // HDR // Shutter: varied // Aperture: f/4.0 // Focal Length: 17 mm // ISO 100

Brilliant! This is my new 2nd favorite photo of yours. The statue one is still my favorite. :)

Thanks Carlos. Also, I love these nighttime HDRs you've been posting - they go especially well with the narrow apertures you were using to give dramatic lens flare from the streetlights.

Is that sorta the same effect a red filter would give B&W film?

I used the infrared filter in Photoshop, which gives a similar effect to the red filter.

Definitely has that old red filter black 'n white look to it. The super wide angle (you're shooting full-frame I assume..?) gives a surreal spacial effect to the shot which works, even though the angles seem all over the place, house, horizon, etc. The whole thing just works. Too bad about the electric lines, but I guess they're part of the world too..

Yeah, full frame on my 5D - with the lens at 17 mm.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
So I have been reading this thread for quite a while now.
This will be my first time posting in this thread.
So here it goes.
How do I post my picture in something other than a thumbnail as well?

Attachments

• 0803240704181q.jpg
    0803240704181q.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 69

brogan

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2008
As usual, amazing pics by everyone! From landscapes to portraits, the variety of shots here is incredible! However, there is a serious lack of bug pics in this thread :p

Taken today. Canon 400D + 100mm macro + ring lite.
1/200, F9, ISO 400, handheld.

I loved this pic so much that I'm going to make a big print for my bedroom (or my lab! :D)

Click on the image for a 1200x1600 pic. This is just a resize of the original file.

I absolutely LOVE this shot. Makes me want a macro lens so bad.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Just hangin' down at the corner...

What to do after school lets out? Common theme in many small towns, in this case Milwaukie, OR. Scanned from neg, desaturated color. I think this series may work better as b/w...

SCN0115.jpg

Canon Eos A2
Canon 20-35mm
Fujicolor 400
Nikon Coolscan V

lanervoza

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2007
What to do after school lets out? Common theme in many small towns, in this case Milwaukie, OR. Scanned from neg, desaturated color. I think this series may work better as b/w...

SCN0115.jpg

I like it color, desaturated. I wouldn't go B&W.

vixapphire

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Los Angeles
flinthills.jpg

One handheld RAW // HDR // Shutter: 1/160 // Aperture: f/22.6 // Focal Length: 17 mm // ISO 100

Something a bit different this time - a rural landscape instead of a cityscape. I took this today (Sunday afternoon) while driving across rural Kansas heading home.

i'm expecting Slash to come out of the church at any moment and begin playing the guitar solo from "November Rain"...

http://www.whiterose.org/pete/blog/images/november.jpg

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
IMG_8035_6_7_tonemapped+copy.jpg

Three handheld RAWs // HDR // Shutter: varied // Aperture: f/4.0 // Focal Length: 17 mm // ISO 100

Wow. Normally I don't like HDR's but this picture is amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to feature it if I was a gallery curator..

This is the result of boredom:
2350184342_79d73af4c1.jpg

Flickr

And maybe I'm just being a bit immature here, but doesn't the arrangement of those oranges near the base of that bottle of OJ strike you as a taaad phallic?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.