Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Sigma DP-1, 3/23/2008
ISO 200, f/7.1, 1/60s
269838319_hSNj4-L.jpg

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
Thanks! Nope, didn't use any filters on the lens for those shots. Although for the black and white shot with the church, I used the Infrared photoshop filter. And this one was just from a single RAW, whereas the trading post shot in color was from three handheld RAWs, with the camera in burst mode with bracketing, and a wide aperture to help minimize camera shake for handholding the camera for three shots. :)

I notice you like doing most of your photos with handheld. For particularly difficult shots like this you might want to look into a simple trick I've learnt, although I'm sure it's been posted on these forums many times. You take a tripod head, tie some string to it — some will tie a weight to the other end of the string — then attach the tripod head to your camera, putting the other end of the string under your foot and pull — the tension in the string keeps the camera still. Most portable tripod money can't buy.

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
hey, I've been out to Grafton once or twice! It's near Zion National Park right?

Yep!

I added noise to that one for an older film sorta look.

It was fun.

Cool B&W of the library.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
35mm scan from my trip to Ireland.

Can anyone explain to me why my oranges are red and my yellows are green whenever I use Fujifilm? Also, why do the photos look WAY WAY WAY WORSE (i.e. they are covered in greenish grain/noise) when they're scanned then when I have them printed from the negatives? The photo below is one that turned out fantastically by these standards.

20080327-q8w9wgye11tj8qj7k19x3ajbh2.jpg

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Wished the shutter speed was a bit faster. oh well.
Yeah but the subject motion adds more to the spirit of the shot imop. It would be different if you had numbers and stripes on a team jersey or something, that could turn out horrible like the quiet flight logo on this board did. I had no intention of doing this heat at f/10, it just happened that way.:p

Attachments

• _1130085.jpg
    _1130085.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 74
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.