Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
nightlongexp2ud7.png

New York City
March 26th, 2007
Camera: D40
Exposure: 40 sec at ƒ/22
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: ISO 200

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
When I first took this I passed on it considering it too blurry. But now, coming back to it, I like the sense of motion it gives. Your opinions may vary...

2326317068_a7ae9ee55b_o.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Bringing 'em home...

Hard working Border Collie during a trials competition, Beavercreek, Oregon.

SCN0099.jpg

Canon Eos A2
Canon 100-300
Fujicolor 400

I don't think I'm going to shoot digital much now unless I go very broke. I just seem to really really like film. :D

Film has its rewards, and a whole 'nother set of skills to add to the mix. What film are you shooting with? Try to mind the obvious dust on the neg...

I do like the work you're doing with film. Keep on developing your style, Matt!

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
When I first took this I passed on it considering it too blurry. But now, coming back to it, I like the sense of motion it gives. Your opinions may vary...

2326317068_a7ae9ee55b_o.jpg

I like the strong primary colours. The 'sense of movement' effect is one of those incalculable photographic tricks: 1/30sec (?), pan and hope for the best.

Get it right and you've got something that convinces the eye to think"movement". Get it wrong and you've got something the eye has learned to think of as just "blurred". I'd say this shot is about halfway between... ;)

Lightglance.com

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
Damn you Fett, i just got hungry. My lunch break isnt for a while:(:p
I ate the most wonderfull carrot cake this easter, i want more...

Sorry, but that dosent work for me. Its okay with some motion blure, but then you need to have one little part in focus. And here everything is out of focus.

And for all the others: Mostly wonderfull pictures as usual:)

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
@pdxflint - Thanks. It was with Portra 400NC. The dust is probably due to my scanner only being a flat bed one, not a dedicated film scanner. Most people's shots who use flatbeds generally have a bit of dust. =\ If I need to make prints from it, I'll be sure to either take lots of care when scanning again or take it in to be professionally printed. Or print it myself with an enlarger if I have the time. :D

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
I like the strong primary colours. The 'sense of movement' effect is one of those incalculable photographic tricks: 1/30sec (?), pan and hope for the best.

Get it right and you've got something that convinces the eye to think"movement". Get it wrong and you've got something the eye has learned to think of as just "blurred". I'd say this shot is about halfway between... ;)

Sorry, but that dosent work for me. Its okay with some motion blure, but then you need to have one little part in focus. And here everything is out of focus.

Thanks for the honest critique, guys... Generally speaking, I don't think I get enough of it.

I don't think I'm going to shoot digital much now unless I go very broke. I just seem to really really like film. :D

I really like your stuff, Matt.

Mac-Jack

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2007
First Post

Hey everyone, this is my first post but have been lurking in these forums for a little under a year. Hope you like it. Criticism welcome.

dsc006211wa3.jpg

Note: I tried uploading it with the "Attach File" option in the "Additional Options" underneath the posting area but kept getting an error (jpeg was only 324kb, so I know it wasn't over sized) is this normal?

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
I'm sorry for all the studio still life's lately, I hope you're not getting sick of them.

I was playing around with some ideas for lighting macro's in this one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.