Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
2325497129_bb3f1c5303_o.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
It's a cold, wet, dreary day by the lake, and the weather forecast for the weekend is even worse... when I was hoping to get lost in the hills and take some pix. So much for springtime in England. :(

So here's a shot to remind myself of summer days by the lake: messing about in boats, a few beers, a barbecue, T-shirts and flip-flops... :)

chassahf9.jpg

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Well It was raining today but my sister and her friends were still having fun...

All thanks to the power of the mac!

dsc0019jw7.jpg

I know its no masterpiece compared to some of the excellent photos on here but I love the expressions that are captured!

mcody

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2007
our gorgeous little boy has re-ignited my photography passion :D

Canon EOS350D
Canon EF-S 11-85mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM lens
Shutter Speed: 1/60
Aperture: f5.6
Focal Distance: 47mm
Program: Shutter Priority
ISO 200

a little tweaking in iPhoto :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_5186_3.jpg
    IMG_5186_3.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 73

mitchcook

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2008
A beautiful picture. I doubt if many photographers would have even noticed this... 'cos the light and the colours are very subtle... and the shadows of the setting sun on the snow can only have lasted a few minutes. It seems to work to have the tree dead centre (though I'm not sure why :))...

Thank you very much :)
I'm not sure why it works. I'm much less a fan of it than everyone in my family and everyone. I don't know why, it seems too busy for me with the small saskatoon trees in the background etc.
The tree is actually not dead it is alive and well-despite being trimmed very poorly by myself ;)

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
our gorgeous little boy has re-ignited my photography passion :D

Nice photo... my interest in photography started shortly after my daughter was born. It's good to have a little one around to inspire you. Then when they get old enough to walk/run, you get good practice at shooting "wild life". Kids are too fast. :D

Here's a photo from a couple of weeks ago:

after_the_rain.jpg

anti-microsoft

macrumors 68000
Dec 15, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
Nice photo... my interest in photography started shortly after my daughter was born. It's good to have a little one around to inspire you. Then when they get old enough to walk/run, you get good practice at shooting "wild life". Kids are too fast. :D

Here's a photo from a couple of weeks ago:

You know... I had a friend (He died not long ago). Who loved shooting reflections. I don't think he went digital. Here's a link to his site: (I'll post it in a while I can't find it)

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Finally someone who posts bug pics! :D Lovely shot of a tiger swallowtail, Pterourus glaucus :)

Speaking of which...

Kamikaze

Thank you

I always loved your bug pictures I have another butterfly picture I would like to share, but I'll wait until tomorrow. I would really like some feed back, and to know what kind of butterfly it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.