Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apollo7011

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2009
img2895p.jpg

A nice walk by the lake

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
I would appreciate all constructive criticism please Im new to photography, and I've only posted like two pics in here(Sunset, And Waterfall)

Scooter & Tifa
^^^ The main things you need here are a steadier hand and greater depth of field. Get yourself either a tripod or monopod (I have both). That will keeep your camera nice and steady so you can use an f/stop of 5.6 or greater. You have a frame with distinct foreground and background subjects. Focus on the foreground doggie, even if it means switching to :eek: manual focus :eek:. f/4 will work for something like this, but you need to be sharp on the foreground dog (or background, if that's what you are looking for).

Shoot/Post/Learn is my mantra. I consider myself a n0o0b at this, too.

Dale

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2003
4462429429_5bf645e3e3_o.jpg

Continuing with my theme of 3. Shot from a cruise ship outside of Miami with a Canon s90 (most of my images from this trip were shot with this camera, though there are a couple I will post created with my D700). I'll point out the DSLR shots as I post them, since in some cases they couldn't have been made with a point-and-shoot. The image I post tomorrow will serve as an example.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Kallisti: ^^ Hi, there.^^ I like the colors and framing that you have applied in all of the cruise photo posted so far. I went on a cruise and the weather was terrible. Your shots remind me of what it should have been like.

Mine for today. There is a small falls on the road through Mt. Rainier that has a rainbow through it if you stand just right. I keep trying to improve on it. It has been dry, and the spring rains and snow melt should make this more interesting.

wallsrainbow1.jpg

EXIF Summary: 1/125s f/5.6 ISO100 Tamron 28-75 f2.8@28mm Hand held

Dale

AxelMonkey

macrumors regular
^^^ The main things you need here are a steadier hand and greater depth of field. Get yourself either a tripod or monopod (I have both). That will keeep your camera nice and steady so you can use an f/stop of 5.6 or greater. You have a frame with distinct foreground and background subjects. Focus on the foreground doggie, even if it means switching to :eek: manual focus :eek:. f/4 will work for something like this, but you need to be sharp on the foreground dog (or background, if that's what you are looking for).

Shoot/Post/Learn is my mantra. I consider myself a n0o0b at this, too.

Dale

I wish I could post more to learn more

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
4462585865_e263546e0e.jpg

This is my little nephew who fell asleep this way while watching TV. I have another shot that I took of him on Thanksgiving when he also fell asleep while watching TV but with the remote in-hand.

SonicChronicler

macrumors member
Nice picture man

I like this shot. We have "American" toads in my part of Canada... and in the spring, they "sing" this lovely long melodious chirp. Mind you, that's still a few weeks away from now! I think I may just tune up myself! BJ

Thanks.

No singing, but hundreds of them. All trying to cross the path to get to the pond. It was getting dark and was really difficult to avoid stepping on them.

Spring's on it's way. Well, it was yesterday, today was dismal. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.