Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kayes

macrumors regular
May 9, 2008
lost in dreams

lostindreams.jpg

CanadIan

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2009

Honestly I think you've nailed it. What I mean is that the image grabs your attention and forces the viewer to start asking questions (what is going on here? What is this NO H8 written on her face?). The idea (if I understand it correctly) was not to beautify the model (she doesn't need it anyway), but to draw attention and unsettle the viewer. What was your emotional goal here? The bright flash gives her a deer-in-the-headlights look (fear, panic), but her composure is calm and maybe a bit confused or concerned. Then again this emotional contrast may make it all the more unsettling.

Mine for today:
Flying Car
4001156788_947e152cff_o.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...

Another beautiful desktop picture (if you don't mind not being able to see your files)...

This is a 16th century UFO: a wonderfully eccentric little building, built as almshouses for six widows, with the entrance to each section being via the central chapel. I'll be staying here for a long weekend, with chums, after Christmas...

beamsleyhospital.jpg

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Another beautiful desktop picture (if you don't mind not being able to see your files)...

This is a 16th century UFO: a wonderfully eccentric little building, built as almshouses for six widows, with the entrance to each section being via the central chapel. I'll be staying here for a long weekend, with chums, after Christmas...

beamsleyhospital.jpg

"Almshouses are charitable housing provided to enable people (typically elderly people who can no longer work to earn enough to pay rent) to live in a particular community. They are often targeted at the poor of a locality, at those from certain forms of previous employment, or their widows, and are generally maintained by a charity or the trustees of a bequest."

We all really appreciate the high level of photography that you share with us, Doylem, but perhaps you should take a long look at your budget priorities...;)...

Unique image. I am looking forward to a photo tour of the North of England as a part of my retirement plan.

Dale

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2003
4135332641_9cb27b4a38_o.jpg

Looked out my window a week or so ago and noticed a fairly big bird perched across the street. Not something I see everyday in an urban setting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.