Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
Phrasikleia, that's gorgeous!

Here is one of the first digital photos I ever took, back in '99, with a 1 megapixel, no zoom Olympus p&s. It's still one of my favorite shots.

A ridiculous cold front that caused the ocean to freeze on top of the jetties.

Attachments

• beach1.jpeg
    beach1.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 154

Paulimac24

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
Hi

First post, all c&c most welcome :)
I'm doing something wrong, can't see the pic in preview mode, what am I doing wrong?

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
First post, all c&c most welcome :)
I'm doing something wrong, can't see the pic in preview mode, what am I doing wrong?

Yes you are doing something wrong...you are supposed to be able to see it in preview (we can't currently see the picture now). Instead if putting the URL of the flickr page for the photo in the IMG tags, go to "All Sizes" for the picture you want, select a size, scroll down to the bottom and use the URL provided in "2. Grab the photo's URL:"

If you want to take people to the photo's flickr page when they click on it here, put the URL of the photo page (the one your originally used) around the IMG tags.

hope this helps

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
Maxi on the railing

Kitty enjoying the sunny fall weather.
MaxiOnTheRailing.jpg

70mm, f/5.6, 1/125s, ISO200
Pentax K100D and Soligor 70-150mm f/3.5 lens (full manual lens from 1987).

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Phrasikleia, that's gorgeous!

Here is one of the first digital photos I ever took, back in '99, with a 1 megapixel, no zoom Olympus p&s. It's still one of my favorite shots.

A ridiculous cold front that caused the ocean to freeze on top of the jetties.

Thanks, Ambrose Chapel!

I had an Olympus of that era and bought it because it got good reviews for getting good tonal range, as your picture demonstrates. :)

Here's a new one for today.

OlympStadIntervention.jpg

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Sault Ste. Marie bridge spans

Was in the Sault last night to take in A Spirit of the West concert. Went down by the Canadian locks and caught this snap. Trucks and cars on the big bridge to the left... an international rail bridge in the fore ground. Took this with D-80 mounted on a broken tri pod with the auto night scene capture mode and used Apertures to take away sulphur light cast.

Attachments

• Bridges.jpg
    Bridges.jpg
    886.6 KB · Views: 110

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Was in the Sault last night to take in A Spirit of the West concert. Went down by the Canadian locks and caught this snap. Trucks and cars on the big bridge to the left... an international rail bridge in the fore ground. Took this with D-80 mounted on a broken tri pod with the auto night scene capture mode and used Apertures to take away sulphur light cast.

The right half is so great that I don't even think you need the left half. I'd try cropping it into a vertical that leaves out the illuminated bridge at the left.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
The right half is so great that I don't even think you need the left half. I'd try cropping it into a vertical that leaves out the illuminated bridge at the left.

That railway shot is good in itself (and I rather like it as it is... in two halves)... but I'd love to see a figure illuminated by the pool of light on the right. What a great location...

Yorkshire, yesterday...

peaksq6.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Old school... no fuel injection

'67 Mustang. Originally purchased new for my grandfather, who didn't drive it much, and has been in my hands more or less since 1979. It's got less than 98k miles on it, and still runs good. I'd consider it mainly a toy these days, but the little 289 V8 can still move. :cool:

DSC_6654.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.