Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Thamks for looking, and glad you enjoyed them.

Next year I'll be going to the 12 Hours of Sebring, Laguna Seca, and Petit Le Mans. I'be been to Sebring and Petit numerous times, but this will be my first trip to Laguna Seca, and it's a 6 hr. race next year.

If you click the link in my sig, you can see my older galleries.

Ahhhh, fond memories of Laguna Seca. Was stationed at Ft. Ord. Part of the reservation butted up on Laguna Seca, in fact there was a noe route for helos that ended right behind "the corkscrew". Used to "pop up" there all the time, well not during races.;) Before you ask, yes it was a long time ago.

gaswerks

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2006
Centre Island ...

Attachments

• swan2.jpg
    swan2.jpg
    716.5 KB · Views: 108

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Full screen for what? Monitor resolution varies widely, from about 1280x800 to 2560x1600.

But yeah OK, I'll make sure my photos view full screen on my 30" monitor before I post. :p Or do you prefer we only post photos that will display without scrolling in a browser window on a 1280x800 screen?

Geez, was I ever stupid to post something like that...:eek:

What I ment to say is that vertical dimensions of around 800px seem to show best on either my 23 or my MBP 17. I just like to sit and soak up the great photos here without overworking my finger. I'm old, you see...

A browser window is smaller than full screen. I have 1080 on my screen, but menu bars and such take up a couple hundred. The ones I noted are around 1000px high.

Dale

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
My feeble attempt to emulate Edward Weston.
pepper2.jpg
I'm not sure about "feeble". If the 'hotspots' are eyes, and the little shape on the bottom is a mouth, then you've got something pretty damn scary! :eek:

Mr Doylem if you would humour me for a bit, this was taken a few weeks ago near Oban. I waited about 5 minutes for the light (the kids were getting fidgety), I know you wait a few hours so apart from that, what else would you say was wrong (or indeed right!) with this? I'm not sure about the framing, I centered it between the two boats but think I should have centered on the big one. This is straight out of the camera.

I appreciate what you say about finding the time to take a particular shot (kids getting restless, etc). I need to get into a particular frame of mind to take anything other than snapshots: something that seems impossible if I have to consider anything (or anyone) else. Sounds kinda selfish, I know...

I don't wait hours, necessarily, for every shot. Maybe the point is that I'm able to wait. If the light is good straight away, then I'll get my shots and try my luck somewhere else.

Maybe time is our one big luxury these days...

Your pic features a great location, though maybe the boats appear a bit small in the overall composition. Just my two-pennorth... :)

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
Fall & Summer

The photo is clickable and takes you to the post on my blog. I took another picture here with a wide angle lens that is from the summer! kinda neat to see

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Your pic features a great location, though maybe the boats appear a bit small in the overall composition. Just my two-pennorth... :)

I think what you are saying is that you go out with a particular shot in mind, while I go out with the kids, stumble upon a nice scene and try to take a picture of it. I kept the boats small because I wanted the hill in the background, but what I should have done was move 50 yards to the left....

Ta much oh landscape Jedi!

cavem

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2009
West Coast NZ
Picture of the day

Of course as I'm in the southern hemisphere, it's spring and not autumn but here's a recent picture of the Torlesse range in the Southern Alps, NZ

Attachments

• Torlesse range storm cloud.jpg
    Torlesse range storm cloud.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 170

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Maybe next time...

Cyclist (didn't win) after a grueling hour-long cyclocross race yesterday in Hillsboro, Oregon. This was part of the Cross Crusade series of races in the Pacific Northwest.

PHR_0539.JPG

Model: NIKON D300
ISO: 1600
Exposure: 1/1000 sec
Aperture: 2.8
Focal Length: 200mm

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Of course as I'm in the southern hemisphere, it's spring and not autumn but here's a recent picture of the Torlesse range in the Southern Alps, NZ

Wonderful panorama! I love the warm colors in the foreground and the feel of motion imparted by the clouds. Very well done and have a good spring.

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.