Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Rainy Day..

rainyday1319.jpg

donnysl

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2009
Happy Halloween!

For all my mac friends out there.

Attachments

• IMG_2217.JPG
    IMG_2217.JPG
    554 KB · Views: 77

donnysl

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2009
Happy Halloween!

For all my mac friends out there.:apple:

Attachments

• IMG_2217.JPG
    IMG_2217.JPG
    554 KB · Views: 85

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space

Excellent use of color visualization. The warm tones of the boat hull work very well with the cool blues of the water. A sky has a way of doing what it will and we do the best we can with it. A nice puffy sky is not always what we have to go with. You framed this well. The colors and textures of the foreground take over and prevent the sky from being too prominent. My only question is the rocks on the right. Perhaps they could be cropped out? Well done as usual.

"Color visualization" is a term I just made up. You don't have the ability to "use" colors in a nature scene like this. You must rely on your eye to visualize it in the viewfinder.

Dale

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Excellent use of color visualization. The warm tones of the boat hull work very well with the cool blues of the water. A sky has a way of doing what it will and we do the best we can with it. A nice puffy sky is not always what we have to go with. You framed this well. The colors and textures of the foreground take over and prevent the sky from being too prominent. My only question is the rocks on the right. Perhaps they could be cropped out? Well done as usual.

"Color visualization" is a term I just made up. You don't have the ability to "use" colors in a nature scene like this. You must rely on your eye to visualize it in the viewfinder.

Dale

Thanks, Dale. I'd think I'd sooner clone out the rocks than do any cropping. I actually wish there were more of them to give the scene a bit more "middle ground," but that would be more Photoshopping than I'm willing to do. I was shooting with a prime lens from a moving boat, so I couldn't get back any further to get more of those rocks in (I took a number of shots at the time trying to negotiate their presence, and this one was the best I could get).

As for the colors, the complementary scheme was what attracted me in the first place. I'm a sucker for yellow/blue combinations. :)

maddagascar

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2009
took this picture using my Kodak 6.1MP point and shoot camera..always wanted to get a DSLR, but don't know how to use it. :(.. is there a thread here to teach newbs like me how to use a DSLR, like explanation of exposure, iso, different types of lenses and all those things?

Attachments

• l_3bdf7ad166392e5ba12bd2366836e25d.jpg
    l_3bdf7ad166392e5ba12bd2366836e25d.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 86

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Love this shot, have any more details on it?

There are a couple of EXIF viewers around. The first link below is for Firefox. It installs as an add-on and allows you to see EXIF data by right-clicking the photo. The second link is for a stand alone program that I have sitting in my Dock. Drag a photo to it from a browser window and it displays the EXIF data. Neither of these work on every photo.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=exif&cat=all

Stand alone: http://homepage.mac.com/aozer/EV/

Firefox link courtesy of Phrasikleia.

Dale

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Love this shot, have any more details on it?

Thanks... I'm not at home right now (and I never look at the EXIF info :eek:), but it was shot with a tripod as the sun was going down... so maybe 1/30sec, or slower...

Lovely model, but I'm having trouble reconciling the Bavarian peasant girl look with the Gothic tombstone and the unnaturally warm filter/treatment with the intuited coldness of the stone. The result seems inexplicably disjunctive.

Lovely model, I agree, but I like the tonality and the limited colour range. And the setting I like too; maybe it's like a still from some baffling European art house film...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.