Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pigbat

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2005
bumble.jpg

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
what about a thread for those of us with compacts and no Photoshop/editing software ?

thoughts ?

It was not that long ago I was using a 5Mp Kodak EZ share with 10x zoom, so I feel your pain, marbles... but even then I was using photoshop elements to make the most of what I had to work with. It was image quality and nothing else that spurred me on to the dslr world- and believe me I have not looked back! I find post processing far less necessary actually, with the higher end equipment.;)

Here's one from hurricane Ike, long period swell from Ike's early formation made it to the east coast as Ike was nearing Cuba!:D

_1210626.jpg

ISO 100
f/5.6
1/800 sec.
280mm​

ChefJayPeek

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Suburban Texas
Ike

Here is one of what Ike did in my front yard...

Hope it comes through okay, first time trying to post in a Pic of the Day thread.

And yes I do blame you srf4real... :eek: just kidding!!!! ;)

Attachments

• Snapped Tree Hurricane Ike.jpg
    Snapped Tree Hurricane Ike.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 75

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
"Dreaming"

I tried to step out of my comfort zone and do something abstract...I really like the way this photo turned out.

"Dreaming"

2857557969_cdee3abed5_o.jpg

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
marbles, don't be afraid to post a couple of P&S photos here, I did it at first before I bought a dSLR. As you will see from my attempts, I'm still trying to find the right shot, angles etc before I even start PP using Photoshop.

Here's my 3 year old lining up a shot. Summers gone, now getting cold and windy.
2781889217_e44f018f41.jpg

djchristie

macrumors member
May 25, 2006
Falkland Islands
Portrait of my beautiful wife.

This was the first picture I took with my new 50mm f1.8 lens, my beautiful wife reading her magazine. Really liked it, and was pleased to win second prize in the local craft fair with it (reaching dizzy heights now!!!). C&C gratefully received, please be honest as I've not been doing this long and really want to get better.

Attachments

• portrait.jpg
    portrait.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 86

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Since I haven't been able to get out to shoot anything new I am just going to keep posting my zoo pics. :eek:

This is a young gorilla.

Attachments

• BabyGorilla.jpg
    BabyGorilla.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 71

marbles

macrumors 68000
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
marbles, don't be afraid to post a couple of P&S photos here, I did it at first before I bought a dSLR. As you will see from my attempts, I'm still trying to find the right shot, angles etc before I even start PP using Photoshop.
I've stuck a few (3) up already ...some honest advice/criticism would be great

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
This was the first picture I took with my new 50mm f1.8 lens, my beautiful wife reading her magazine. Really liked it, and was pleased to win second prize in the local craft fair with it (reaching dizzy heights now!!!). C&C gratefully received, please be honest as I've not been doing this long and really want to get better.

Good composition. However I would expect the eyes to be really sharp, since this is the focus of the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.