Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
This model ship was in a glass case. The original photo looked pretty bad, but with some PP work and quite heavy cloning work to get rid of the reflections and casing, I cam up with this.

20070922_img_0216.jpg

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
San Diego Zoo - Baby Gorilla

Took a day trip to San Diego to go to the zoo and of course my D60 came along... Please keep in mind I am on the extreme of being a n00b. :D

Anyways, this is my favorite one of the day. I have no idea what this little guy actually is... C&C always welcome, of course.

Attachments

• Zoo1.jpg
    Zoo1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 83

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
Camera: Leica V-Lux 1

(Click image for larger picture)

Attachments

• FJ 21.jpg
    FJ 21.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 120

marbles

macrumors 68000
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
Canon Digital Ixus 55

My lieutenant & sergeant at arms , respectively .

Attachments

• IMG_3372.JPG
    IMG_3372.JPG
    1,002 KB · Views: 73

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
late take off

Been surfing hurricanes, I hope my fellow MR members haven't had to suffer wave withdrawals on my account...:p

Captured seconds before the pounding began-
East coast swell from late Hanna / early Ike last Saturday, before Ike headed off to Texas where the real pounding occurred.:eek:

Texas can blame me; I pray for surf.:cool::D

_1210253-1.jpg

Taken with L1, 50-200 SWD + EC-14.
ISO 100
1/1000 sec.
f/5.6
280mm​

marbles

macrumors 68000
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
It's a good thread this and contains some fantastic pictures ....I'll refrain from quoting all that I like as this would be an enormous post if I did . However the thread is slightly unfair in some respects.....

.....what about those of us who take real pictures ??
Before anyone jumps all over this comment , I mean photo's taken without editing done , on a non DSLR with a fancy lens etc etc etc ... you know what I'm talking about....

....yes , I do feel all inadequate with my little Canon Ixus 55 :p

.... what about a thread for those of us with compacts and no Photoshop/editing software ?

thoughts ?

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
...what about those of us who take real pictures ??

....yes , I do feel all inadequate with my little Canon Ixus 55 :p

Sounds a little contradictory to me. :)

There's a wide range of equipment and abilities on this thread already, and nobody gets criticised for having 'only' a P&S. Hell, a P&S is fine... as long as you point it at something interesting...

marbles

macrumors 68000
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
Sounds a little contradictory to me. :)

There's a wide range of equipment and abilities on this thread already, and nobody gets criticised for having 'only' a P&S. Hell, a P&S is fine... as long as you point it at something interesting...

True , don't mind me , I'm just wanting a newer camera ! :) ....cant even change any of the settings on mine as the view screen has broken .....although I did manage to get the setting to a reasonable level by guessing the menu ...took me an age !
( I fell when climbing , it was in my pocket)

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
True , don't mind me , I'm just wanting a newer camera ! :) ....cant even change any of the settings on mine as the view screen has broken .....although I did manage to get the setting to a reasonable level by guessing the menu ...took me an age !
( I fell when climbing , it was in my pocket)

A better camera doesn't always make a better photographer.

It's less about what equipment you use and more about how you use it, and that's why I think it's nice to see a thread like this showing the wide range of equipment and photographic ability.

You just dont like diversity ;)

And PS: That spider picture I posted a couple posts up has had no post processing done to it.

marbles

macrumors 68000
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
A better camera doesn't always make a better photographer.

It's less about what equipment you use and more about how you use it, and that's why I think it's nice to see a thread like this showing the wide range of equipment and photographic ability.

True .

I just like to try & see things from a different perspective so that is why I take pictures ... that's what I try and do when taking shots anyway
...I'd just like to be able to take pics at a level I wouldn't mind hanging on my wall & feel the camera I have is holding me back a little ...no possibility to change menu setting efficiently ....the lens doesn't seem to capture the light , colours etc as I'd seen it in the shot ...just would like some more control over a shot ...that's what I was thinking ....look , I've put up three pics in this thread I think are ok but the shots taken with a 'better ' camera would have had more detail etc ...thoughts ?

You just dont like diversity ;)

:p I live for diversity ...it keeps me going :)

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
First HDR

This is my first HDR attempt. Taken this morning after driving through some country roads for awhile. I didn't intend to shoot for HDR but every single one of my other shots this morning were underexposed and/or blurry. Have a TON of learning to do!

Turnaround
2859933990_4cdec6f513.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.