Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Saw this guy at a local festival on Saturday....

p703555272.jpg

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->

My kind of subject: nature strikes back. Wonderful color and texture, but the light seems a bit dull, except at the very top.

Okay, my turn. Nothing super exciting, just an alley in Salt Lake City that I decided to point my rented 45mm TS down. I give you - Air Conditioning.

tilted-alley.jpg

That has to be the most interesting photo of an air conditioning unit I can remember seeing. :D I do like the emphasis on its protrusion into the outside world.

That location must be photography heaven. I love the different qualities of light, and it's an interesting composition. Too bad the person isn't in focus, though. Also curious to know if you have another one with a little bit of fill flash. Tricky shot to nail, at any rate.

This location was photography heaven for me:

WhatGoesUp.jpg

I had to go bouldering up onto the ruins of an even larger temple to get some sea in the shot. That meant abandoning the tripod down below and balancing on the round part of a downed column drum; fortunately there was enough light to get a really sharp shot this way. IS probably helped too.

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Heroic

Sept 11th got me thinking of some of the shots I took of this fire department in NY which was just one of the many departments that contributed in the efforts to save lives on 9/11.
3917105392_40c6f9f505_b.jpg

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
"Those Magnificent Girls On Their Flying Machines"

One of my more favourite shots from the Raf Leuchars Airshow Yesterday.

Camera: Pentax K10D
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/800)
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length: 260 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Joe King

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
More than just a pile of stones. This is the Bronze Age wedge tomb (over 3,000 years old) at Ballyedmonduff in the Dublin Mountains:

Ballyedmonduff_1.jpg

A closer view of the main chamber:

Ballyedmonduff_2.jpg

As can be seen from the evidence of recent ritual sacrifice, it still retains its power to draw the adherents of the Old Religion:

Ballyedmonduff_3.jpg

(Or more likely, just a bunch of kids horsing around with a sheep's skull :D)

Shake 'n' Bake

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2009
Albany
Saw this guy on Coast Guard Beach (that's on Cape Cod). Not the best picture, but wow, something's gone wrong there.

Attachments

• IMG_6636.JPG
    IMG_6636.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 115

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
From the show at the Dana Point Tall Ships Festival. Not necessarily anything technically great about this shot, just lucky timing...

Attachments

• DSC_0230.jpg
    DSC_0230.jpg
    783.5 KB · Views: 87

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
"Portencross"

One from Friday night at Portencross looking towards the Isle of Little Cumbrae

Camera: Pentax K10D
Exposure: 4
Aperture: f/7.1
Focal Length: 16 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Cheers again Doylem.

FastEddy

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2007
North Californie
... We almost got a ride in the C47 (in the background) - they configured it as a troop carrier inside as well. They even have that parachute line and said you can bring your parachute... :eek: (LOL - now that would be fun for you!)

Unfortunately, the C47 had carb trouble on the left engine after taking riders back. :(

Yes! ... In central Mexico there are several operating DC-3 (C-47) charter / passenger craft, refitted with nice paint, rebuilt engines, tuck and roll interiors, stewardesses wearing long skirt '30's uniforms :D ... Very photogenic.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Here's today's edition, taken through my dorm room window. Can't you tell?
3916444853_e46ef0d557_b.jpg

When you have converging verticals like this, I think it's best to straighten for the "main" feature of the photo, in this case the tall tower. Looks as though the minor building at the left is straight, but it's not the subject of the photo. And no, I can't really tell there's a pane of glass in the way, unless that's what caused the vignetting.

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Little Orange House @ Mesa Arch

Part of a series of little orange house photos I shot this summer. This one was taken at Mesa Arch in the Islands in the Sky section of Canyonlands National Park near Moab, UT just after the sun had set behind us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.