Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
3913770206_a2be79b4d4_b.jpg

Love this shot, but it seems a little over bright, if that makes sense...

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Your dorm room window? Wow. What school? Lucky you.

The School of Visual Arts in LES Manhattan. As soon as you walk outside you can see the Chrysler building straight ahead. Too bad it's just out of sight from my window.

To the other criticism, you know I don't know why the building came out so damn slanted! I looked at it like how the **** did that happen?! I don't know I'm gonna take another night shot tonight from my window.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast

Part of a series of little orange house photos I shot this summer. This one was taken at Mesa Arch in the Islands in the Sky section of Canyonlands National Park near Moab, UT just after the sun had set behind us.

Love the location shot... but, wow...! Those orange contraptions are definitely a stark contrast. What are they - tents, huts? Are they temporary, and what are they used for? Anyway, love the shot, the orange is a bit oversaturated, but that's a tough one to fix without going b/w. But your shot makes me anxious to get back to the canyonlands sometime soon... :)

A friend ;P
3915609890_cba0144b24.jpg

Love this one...!! He or she is very photogenic, and you took a great shot.

"Portencross"

One from Friday night at Portencross looking towards the Isle of Little Cumbrae

Camera: Pentax K10D
Exposure: 4
Aperture: f/7.1
Focal Length: 16 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Masterful use of light. One would have never guessed that there was so much color in the legendary sodden UK... but you and John have smashed that myth...! :)

Here's mine for the day:

Local critters...

DSC_8533.jpg

Camera: NIKON
Model: D50
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/640 sec
Aperture: 2.8
Focal Length: 200mm

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Masterful use of light. One would have never guessed that there was so much color in the legendary sodden UK... but you and John have smashed that myth...! :)

Erm... it's the rain that keeps the landscape so green... not parched and brown, as happens in the southern European countries.

Love the location shot... but, wow...! Those orange contraptions are definitely a stark contrast. What are they - tents, huts? Are they temporary, and what are they used for?

Somewhere there's a Monopoly board missing a hotel... ;):)

Waiting for a train...

garsdale.jpg

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Love the location shot... but, wow...! Those orange contraptions are definitely a stark contrast. What are they - tents, huts? Are they temporary, and what are they used for? Anyway, love the shot, the orange is a bit oversaturated, but that's a tough one to fix without going b/w. But your shot makes me anxious to get back to the canyonlands sometime soon... :)

Thanks for the comments! The little orange thing is a small wooden block cut into a house shape and spray painted bright orange. It's one of a few hundred that were used in an art installation my friend did commenting on the spread of suburbia. This seemed like the perfect extension. Last summer while waiting out the heat of midday in the grand canyon we found one in a bag and started photographing it. I continued the project this summer. It's a lot of fun.

Here's a photo of one on my head that isn't so over saturated and should give you a better sense of scale:

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Thanks for the comments! The little orange thing is a small wooden block cut into a house shape and spray painted bright orange. It's one of a few hundred that were used in an art installation my friend did commenting on the spread of suburbia. This seemed like the perfect extension. Last summer while waiting out the heat of midday in the grand canyon we found one in a bag and started photographing it. I continued the project this summer. It's a lot of fun.

Here's a photo of one on my head that isn't so over saturated and should give you a better sense of scale:

Thanks... actually, I think it's a really cool concept. Definitely had me a bit fooled with the sense of scale in the first shot...:)

Mine for today:

Newport, Oregon - home of the wettest bay between Cape Foulweather and Yachats... ;) I'm just editing and playing around with some shots all taken last week, until I can go back and continue the exploration of this place with a few new lenses in my kit...

DSC_8492.jpg

Camera: NIKON
Model: D50
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/250 sec
Aperture: 6.3
Focal Length: 112mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.