Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
marker3if5.jpg

kodak dx7590
auto sport mode...

I'm getting dslr soon, ecxited to see the difference!

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
just took it today, it reminded me of halloween :cool:

i kno its a little blury, I had it set to a 2 second shutter speed on a mono-pod because my friend is borrowing my tri-pod

IMG_5789.jpg

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
Mr. G4 said:
October 11, 2006: Souther Cal

_A115725.jpg

Camera: E-500 (OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.) - Speed: 1/250e à f:3.5 - 100 ISO - Lens: 54.0 mm.

yeah THATS what i was going for... Nice shot!

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
freebooter said:
IMG_0385copy.jpg

Daegu, South Korea
October 18, 2006.
Canon A640
f/4@1/125
iso 80
15 mm (maybe 70mm equiv.)

I like fall the best, especially in the woods.

Yeah me too. Excellent shot, kinda looks like IR (Almost):rolleyes:
Again also, thanks for the tip.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
srf4real said:
kodak dx7590
auto sport mode...

I'm getting dslr soon, ecxited to see the difference!

Nice. Is that an osprey? (It reminds me of the time when I was camping two summers ago, and I saw a very large eagle robbing an osprey's nest. It snatched a fat chick three days in a row, at the same time of day.)

Yakamoto: Thanks. I like that picture from Kyoto.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Birdie.jpg

Canon Powershot S2 IS
f4.0
1/400 sec
ISO 50

EDIT: The link is good but the IMG tag doesn't seem to like it. Linkety to the picture...

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Been playing with cheap banner paper for backdrops. I'm currently redesigning my studio and getting a stockpile of 20 foot strips in various colors for some neat effects. Here's a straight-ahead portrait, though I'll post more later on that contain the full width and striping used in the background...

10/17/06, Ruston, LA

Body: Nikon D70s
Lens: Nikon DX 18-70
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/100 @ f/4.5
Focal: 62mm
Flash: Nikon SB-800, TTL at +1 EV

orange1.jpg

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Taken today at another dance club performance since my friends were in it.

It isn't as sharp as I'd like because it was sort of a spontaneous shot and I guess I shook the camera a bit when I took the photo. :eek: He was getting ready to shoot a video with his camera.

Attachments

• Photo.jpg
    Photo.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 91

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Thanks, Gauchogolfer! There are still a lot of trees that are green; we haven't yet had a full-force display of loads of trees in brilliant tones of yellows, golds, oranges and reds, but hopefully that will be soon. This photo is of a tree in our neighborhood that is always the first to change color. Can others be far behind?

Autumn is one of my favorite times of the year because of the beautfiful colors, but I don't look forward to the cold winter that comes on its heels...

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
mrkramer said:
Taken October 1, 2006
DSC_0043.jpg

this makes me think of the beautiful smell of decomposing leaves. i enjoy that smell.

Reminds me of something from the weekend - I was walking through a forested area and came upon a mother & daughter who were making a big fuss about some smell. They were very loud. Eventually they concluded that somebody was "frying smelly chicken" in one of the nearby apartment buildings, causing the "foul" odour. They fled in disgust. I walked over to where they had been standing, and realized it was only the smell of rotting leaves. I pondered this for a while...

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Three Bowls and a Squash

threebowlsandasquash.jpg

Daegu, South Korea
October 18, 2006
Canon a640
f/4@1/125
iso 80
7.3 mm (~35 mm equiv.)

This is a common sight outside the big apartment complexes: bowls of seasonal food on the sidewalk. Here we have some mandarin oranges, just recently making there way back into the marketplace after having the summer off. Also, there is some dried jube-jube fruit, I think, supposed to be a healthy thing. And, some of what I guess is dotori muk, acorn jelly, produced by boiling up batches of the forest nuts. Oh, and we also see, perched precariously, the peculiarly pale pumpkin of these parts, (pricey).

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
Clix Pix said:
Falls Church, VA
October 18, 2006
Nikon D200
Nikkor 70-180mm Micro
Focal Length: 180mm
f/11 @ 1/100 sec
ISO: 200
This one is superb...not only technically with a very well executed focus limit and bokeh, but also artistically where the leaf appears to be turning. The sharp and saturated red contrasted with blue gives the subject a 3-dimensional look...it seems to be popping out of the picture.

Nikkor 70-180mm Micro??? What lens is that?

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
mrkramer said:
I took this picture of the moon a few days ago.

this is a good halloween picture. I can see a face in the clouds (where the moon is the nose), it's more of a happy face than goulish face though.

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
Abstract said:
What does the UV black filter do, and is the Tiffen Hot Mirror Filter the thing that brings out the pink-ish colours? Beautiful photo, btw. IR photos are sometimes nice, but what does a "typical" UV photo look like? :confused:

the UV black filter is cutting Visible light, and passing UV. the hot mirror is a temporary job, until I can get a better IR cut filter. the Hot Mirror cuts Infrared light conamination, since in order to shoot UV effectively I removed the filter that also cuts IR from the camera. the HM also cuts a bit of UV sadly

The pinkish colors come from processing. It's impossible to say waht a typical UV photo looks like, you can do all sorts of stuff with the files since UV doesn't have a perceived color. This same shot looks radically different processed with other apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.