Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmac

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
Adelaide
1 more of that koala

Shutter 1/125
Apeture 5.6
Iso 200
focal length 31mm

Great choice on B&W Victor M "alignment" Love it.

Attachments

• DSC_0630.jpg
    DSC_0630.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 113

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
freebooter said:
A gaggle of giggling girls gather to gawk outside a garage. One man stands alone, waiting to bow.

intriguing, what are they all looking at? at first I thought it must be you, but I guess not if you are taking the photo...unless you are doing one of those mirror tricks again.

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
freebooter said:
A gaggle of giggling girls gather to gawk outside a garage. One man stands alone, waiting to bow.
Ha, practicing your "V" vocabulary?

(For those who don't get it, watch the first 10 minutes of V for Vendetta.)

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
Who are you?

Just trying to take a picture of the wife, when theese two
JackA**es come and ruin the shot. :D

03/06
Casio ex-z4
F-stop f/2.6
focal length 5.8mm

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
VictorM said:
intriguing, what are they all looking at? at first I thought it must be you, but I guess not if you are taking the photo...unless you are doing one of those mirror tricks again.

They ae looking for, if not at, a movie star. Korea is a pretty tiny, if populous, country so the chances of encountering a celebrity scene are pretty good. Korean kids are star-crazy. :rolleyes: You should see the "flower-boys"... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
Another P/S - I wanted the butterfly to be the focus, but the flowers are just jumping off the picture
DSCF3089.jpg

minnesotamacman

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2006
yankeefan24 said:
This is one of my landscape photos from vacation in the Caribbean. It was edited in iPhoto (slightly). I probably have more (which some might say are better), but this is one of my favorite.

BTW: iGary, love that pic!

EDIT: By iGary's request:

I took it in St. John (USVI) on March 30, 2006. I took it with my Canon SD10 (fairly old camera)

*Expose = 1/800

*Aperture = 5.0

*I'm not a professional photographer, so if those aren't the correct way to show it I'm sorry. I just took that from the EXIF data/iPhoto Info.

I love this pic, would like it in a format to use as a wallpaper... got one?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
greenmac said:
Shutter 1/125
Apeture 5.6
Iso 200
focal length 31mm

Great choice on B&W Victor M "alignment" Love it.
Do you have a hi res version of that koala? I love it :)

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Chip NoVaMac said:
There is much that makes me love this shot. A great capture. Details perhaps?

Thanks! :)

It's actually my powerbook screen, the sun was coming in really brightly through my window, and I was about to pull the curtains closed when I realized that the way the black screen was reflecting light looked really cool (a little bit of reflection that fades off into complete blackness). It's an effect I haven't noticed anywhere but from the anti-glare coating on my screen...so I decided to capture it.

The framing/angle/exposure was the result of many shots that just didn't...'do it for me'. This one sort of stuck out.

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
mrkramer said:
Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi. Converted to B+W with iPhoto.
Very nice shot, and good use of B&W. I love the god ray's too.
The only thing might be to lighten exposure just a hair to bring more detail to the Foreground w/o blowing out the beautiful sky.
But thats just me.

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
srf4real said:
Farnham's point, Boothbay, ME

foggystreamtp4.jpg
There is something calming and peacefull about this, maybe it's the light fog, or the muted tones. Either way great shot, it would also work well with a tighter crop plus you might want to checkout your levels adjustments.
Unless you were going for the darker muted tones, then excellent.

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
How about a bit of UV?

Camera: Nikon D1 (UV/IR modified)
ISO: 400
Shutter/Aperture: 1/20 sec. f/4.5
Lens: D.O. Industries 50mm f/4.5 w/ B+W 403 UV black filter and Tiffen Hot Mirror filter

primary capture bandwidth: UV

103150815-O.jpg

(processed with Adobe Lightroom beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.