Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Just saw this thread, so here I go.

Louis Monkeyflower, Crater Lake National Park, 7/31/06

attachment.php

Camera: Olympus C-5060WZ
ISO: 80
Focal Length: 22.90 mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/250 @ f/4.8

Attachments

• Louis Monkeyflowersmall.jpg
    Louis Monkeyflowersmall.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 621

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
Just saw this thread, so here I go.

Louis Monkeyflower, Crater Lake National Park, 7/31/06

attachment.php

Camera: Olympus C-5060WZ
ISO: 80
Focal Length: 22.90 mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/250 @ f/4.8

Nice shot, never new a flower could be so hairy. Amazing detail in the shot, but i like anything coming from Oregon.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Today was the season opener for Bradley Men's Basketball. We played DePaul University, and totally completely slaughtered them 78 - 58. It was a full house, a crazy wild crowd, and an awesome game.

This is the first time I've ever attempted putting 3 pictures together in a panorama. I think it turned out not too bad:

http://www.danpalka.net/images/braves_opener.jpg

It's very big!

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
Today was the season opener for Bradley Men's Basketball. We played DePaul University, and totally completely slaughtered them 78 - 58. It was a full house, a crazy wild crowd, and an awesome game.

This is the first time I've ever attempted putting 3 pictures together in a panorama. I think it turned out not too bad:

http://www.danpalka.net/images/braves_opener.jpg

It's very big!

Excellent job, getting a decent panorama of a sporting event can be very difficult with all the movement. But you've pulled it off nicely.

satty

macrumors 6502
I got a new little camera... Leica D-Lux 3. Did some test shots the last couple of days. This doesn't look like a photo... all I did is change from Colour to Grayscale. Btw: It's the glass roof of the British Museum in London.

1/200@f/8.0
ISO 200

Attachments

• L1000009.jpg
    L1000009.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 71

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
One from Tasmania, November 4th, 2006.

That's after I climbed back down from the top of the mountain. Now we're just hiking back down the mountain, and to the other side of it.

Attachments

• 2006-11-04c More Hiking at Cradle Mountain 05.jpg
    2006-11-04c More Hiking at Cradle Mountain 05.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 56

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
A bird's nest Montrose Harbor, Chicago, IL 11/12/06.

Camera: Pentax K100D
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 45mm
Shutter: 1/125 sec
Aperture: F5.6
Lens: smc PENTAX-DA 18-55mmF3.5-5.6 AL

wish i didn't have to scale it down and convert it to jpeg. i liked it as a 3008x2008 RAW file:)

Attachments

• montrose70.jpg
    montrose70.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 53

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Traded this man that coke he is holding for his photograph

Wow, I never thought of bribing a subject!

This one was taken last week on the bus on our Art's Trip to Toronto for the day. What do you think?

Tim.jpg

Pentax K100D
SMC Pentax-M 50mm 1:2
f/2
1/4000

What do I think? The obvious thing for me is that his chin is cut off. His hat being cut off is fine. His chin being cut off may have been OK as well, but too much of his chin is cut off, and that's the problem.

Beyond that I like it a lot. If his chin was there, it'd be a fantastic photo!! :) I know how difficult it is to take a photo of someone quickly and not have enough time to consider every little detail, and when you look at it later, you think "If I only composed the shot better....." :eek: It happens. I still think it's fantastic though. Why was the area behind him so dark? The bus had windows, right?

I also want to know why the bottom right corner of the photo is so vignetted when the other corners seem fine. :confused: That bothered me as well.

balofagus

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
Ontario, Canada
What do I think? The obvious thing for me is that his chin is cut off. His hat being cut off is fine. His chin being cut off may have been OK as well, but too much of his chin is cut off, and that's the problem.

Beyond that I like it a lot. If his chin was there, it'd be a fantastic photo!! :) I know how difficult it is to take a photo of someone quickly and not have enough time to consider every little detail, and when you look at it later, you think "If I only composed the shot better....." :eek: It happens. I still think it's fantastic though. Why was the area behind him so dark? The bus had windows, right?

I also want to know why the bottom right corner of the photo is so vignetted when the other corners seem fine. :confused: That bothered me as well.

Thanks! I'll start with the darkness. We got to Missisauga at morning traffic, we were at the back and most of the front was under an overpass...teehee!

Two, the "vignetting" is actually the bus seat caught extremely out of focus. Said seat is also the reason for his chin being caught off, I didn't want it in the frame and would have only had to be cropped out anyway. I probably could have composed better if I wasn't using my 50mm or was in a different seat.

raptor96

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2006
RI
I've enjoyed this thread because it's giving me a reason to go through all my pictures (particularly since the CCD on my camera is busted so there's definitely no 'new pictures' coming). That said here's one I like...though it seems that when I go back and look at a lot of the pictures I really like the things I want to emphasize seem to be in soft focus...I wish my P&S had manual focus and I can't wait to take photo I and get a DSLR...le sigh.

Anyway, pic is from downtown Boston May/June 2004ish.

Attachments

• -smallDSC02426.JPG
    -smallDSC02426.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 48

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
I've enjoyed this thread because it's giving me a reason to go through all my pictures (particularly since the CCD on my camera is busted so there's definitely no 'new pictures' coming). That said here's one I like...though it seems that when I go back and look at a lot of the pictures I really like the things I want to emphasize seem to be in soft focus...I wish my P&S had manual focus and I can't wait to take photo I and get a DSLR...le sigh.

Anyway, pic is from downtown Boston May/June 2004ish.

It still looks good to me, I too am waiting on my DSLR, (double sigh) :p
Rememeber it's not the camera....(but it sure helps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.