Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozontheroad

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2006
the reef
i love this little guy... he's made of nut shells and has sweet-corn for a nose

Attachments

• 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 615

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Seoul Plaza

seoulplaza.jpg

Seoul, South Korea
November 10, 2006
Sony DSC R1
about 8 shot panorama with lens at 24mm (35 mm equiv.)
stitched with AutoPano Pro and brightened up with Nik filter, "Sunshine"

This is a place downtown with City Hall to the left, not far from the Canadian embassy where i was renewing my passport that morning. Across the street behind me is an old palace / museum complex where I snapped some pic.s I'll post soon.

kylos

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2002
MI
I haven't posted in a while, but I continue to be amazed by some of the photos people are posting here.

This one's actually from a trip in June, but it caught my attention recently while scanning through my iPhoto library.

Manicouagan Reservoir at Sunset

Exposure: 1/400th sec. @ f4
Focal length: 50mm
Camera: Canon S3 IS

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
another birdhouse/Montrose Harbor, Chicago, IL/11.12.06

Camera: Pentax K100D
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 18mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/125 @ f5.6
Lens: DA smc 18-55mm f3.5-5.6

Attachments

• IMGP0135.jpg
    IMGP0135.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 50

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Taken Saturday Nov 11th. Went to a friend's place, and one of their friends brought their 2 children. This is the only time she ever sat still. She's blurry in all the other photos. :eek:

Attachments

• PHoto.jpg
    PHoto.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 67

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Taken Saturday Nov 11th. Went to a friend's place, and one of their friends brought their 2 children. This is the only time she ever sat still. She's blurry in all the other photos. :eek:

Cute. I've noticed that children of a certain age are like squirrels; they generally only stop scampering to eat and sleep. (or watch cartoons)

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Yongsan Station

trainiscomingsmall.jpg

Seoul, South Korea
Sony DSC R1
f/4.0@1/160
71.5mm (cropped a bit)
iso 160
program auto, -2.0 e.v.

Subway train pulling into the station at sunset. Seoul is easy to navigate because of its extensive subway system.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
Conowingo Dam, Maryland
November 10, 2006
Nikon D200
80-400mm VR lens
Focal length: 400mm
f/9 @ 1/160 sec
ISO: 250

Is there something special about these birds that makes this picture unique? They blend into the background too much for my liking; maybe a better crop would help?

...bear in mind, I'm not too great at shots of wildlife :eek:

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Cactus

Canon EOS Digital Rebel
Canon 18-55mm
Phipps Conservatory - Desert Room
10/15/06

CC appreciated!

Kevin

Cactus.gif

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
Canon EOS Digital Rebel
Canon 18-55mm
Phipps Conservatory - Desert Room
10/15/06

CC appreciated!

Kevin

Cactus.gif

I'm wondering why the cactus couldn't be a bit sharper and the background be a bit more blurry; it's hard to figure out where to focus initially.

The black border is a bit distracting too (it's thick compared to the size of the picture)

Do you have a macro lens/macro mode you could use to get even closer to the cactus, to where only its spine was in the picture - that might be more interesting :)

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Is there something special about these birds that makes this picture unique? They blend into the background too much for my liking; maybe a better crop would help?

...bear in mind, I'm not too great at shots of wildlife :eek:

I agree with you that there isn't a lot of contrast here, but that is due to the weather conditions that day, the setting and the coloration of the birds themselves. I already had cropped this shot pretty heavily and am hesitant to do too much more because then the flaws will show up (LOL!) -- I needed and didn't have a long enough lens for this shot in the first place.

What makes the shot appealing to me is the position of the one GBH as he was about to take off to go fishing.... most of the time the darned things just sat there on the rocks or in the trees and didn't move an inch! :D

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I took this today, the ladder was leaning against a tree, so i turned the camera so that it looked like the ladder was straight, and everything else was crooked.
DSC_0002-3.jpg

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
^^Haha, that's pretty cool. :)

I'm wondering why the cactus couldn't be a bit sharper and the background be a bit more blurry; it's hard to figure out where to focus initially.

The black border is a bit distracting too (it's thick compared to the size of the picture)

Do you have a macro lens/macro mode you could use to get even closer to the cactus, to where only its spine was in the picture - that might be more interesting :)

Well in his defense, I actually think the sharp part of the cactus is where it should be. I'd agree with you about the background needing to be more blurry though. Actually, I can't tell if the background is already blurry or not because it looks like the backdrop is a bedsheet, and who knows how sharp the print on a bedsheet is. :p

And besides, it looks like he's using the kit lens, which isn't going to make his background more blurry unless he moves a lot closer to the cactus, which may ruin the perspective he wants to capture.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
^^Haha, that's pretty cool. :)

Well in his defense, I actually think the sharp part of the cactus is where it should be. I'd agree with you about the background needing to be more blurry though. Actually, I can't tell if the background is already blurry or not because it looks like the backdrop is a bedsheet, and who knows how sharp the print on a bedsheet is. :p

And besides, it looks like he's using the kit lens, which isn't going to make his background more blurry unless he moves a lot closer to the cactus, which may ruin the perspective he wants to capture.

While a second glance at the picture did help (it's definitely not a bad picture by any means), I'd still recommend that he try a picture a bit closer to the cactus (what's he have to lose?)

Either way, you're right - the cactus is focused - but if he got closer, I'm wondering what the picture would look like with a blurry background...shrug :)

shieldyoureyes

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
Seoul, South Korea
November 10, 2006
Sony DSC R1
about 8 shot panorama with lens at 24mm (35 mm equiv.)
stitched with AutoPano Pro and brightened up with Nik filter, "Sunshine"

This is a place downtown with City Hall to the left, not far from the Canadian embassy where i was renewing my passport that morning. Across the street behind me is an old palace / museum complex where I snapped some pic.s I'll post soon.

What an amazing shot! Panoramic is perfect, and that sunshine filter is looks great. I'm going to have to check it out.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
I posted a photo around 8-10 days ago of the dunes in Tasmania (taken Nov 4th, 2006) in this thread.

Here's another, but at a lower angle. :) I can't decide which I like more.

Attachments

• Dune 2.jpg
    Dune 2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.