Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EastCoastFlyer

macrumors regular
New Lens

Nikkor 70-300 VR... First outing with it -- yesterday, Sarasota Bay.

372495182_43564e2fa6_b.jpg

Nikon D50
300 mm @ f/8 for 1/500 sec...

Oblivious

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2006
MA
Nirvana
Photo taken today in Marblehead, MA at a dry dock with a Sony P & S camera.:)
372806763_170e97d323_b.jpg

Oh, and EastCoastFlyer, that is an amazing shot of that pelican.:eek:

edge540

macrumors regular
May 10, 2004
Indiana
Rothschild's Giraffe

EastCoastFlyer That is a pretty sweet shot, perfect timing.

Taken in Kenya in December.

giraffe.JPG

Nikon D80
100mm @ f/4, 1/250s

Cybix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
Western Australia
You don't really need to click the shutter at the speed of light to get that shot. ;)

You need to have a tripod and go for a fairly long exposure. I guess you'd also have to guess when lightning would strike as well.

indeed. super solid tripod, remote control for shutter, long exposure time.

plus, you can sort of time the lightning, it was pretty regular anyway! :)

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
Here is my first try at an in-flight bird shot. I was able to get about 10ft from it before it flew off. Took about 15 shots while panning with the bird, and this is the best one I think. Taken at Ft.Worth Nature Center.
flight.jpg

NIKON D40
2007:01:28
Focal length: 200.0mm
Exposure time: 0.0016
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO equiv.: 200
Exposure bias: 0.33
Metering Mode: spot
Exposure: aperture priority

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
Here is my first try at an in-flight bird shot. I was able to get about 10ft from it before it flew off. Took about 15 shots while panning with the bird, and this is the best one I think. Taken at Ft.Worth Nature Center.
flight.jpg

NIKON D40
2007:01:28
Focal length: 200.0mm
Exposure time: 0.0016
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO equiv.: 200
Exposure bias: 0.33
Metering Mode: spot
Exposure: aperture priority

Great shot ..... love the differential focus.

FJ

Pac a Mac

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2007
England
WOW i seem to be seeing some really good results from fuji cameras recently.
Great shot

Thanks. I have had my S7000 for over 2 years now (quite aged for P&S) It really is consistent and easy to handle. Although I originally intended to migrate to a DSLR this little gem has changed my mind. I think I will start looking at a fixed lens cameras with a large sensor. I used to use a film SLR (olympus OM2N) but I bought the Fuji for a trip to Yosemite and I never used the OM2 again. The freedom from carting lenses and other kit was a breath of fresh air.

Oh a new day....a couple of days old but another rainy subject (inevitable here in the UK)

Attachments

• aaDSCF0034ad.jpg
    aaDSCF0034ad.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 47

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Very Little, the bird was really close. I just cropped the water below 1/2 in
and the overblown sky above 1/2 in.

Wow, that's pretty lucky! :) Great panning skills, I guess. That's one of the things I need to try out.

This photo, plus the chocolates in the photo, are what I'm giving my girlfriend for Valentines day. :) We have a long distance relationship, so the flowers are a no-go. It was taken.....2 hours ago.

I cropped the photo a bit, added vignetting, and made it a lot more contrasty. It looks too saturated from where I sit, but I'm hoping someone here can tell me if they agree. The original photo didn't come out as well as I had hoped in terms of contrast, but the colours turned out VERY saturated. I had to play with the luminance of the red colour to get it looking decent. It was a pretty miserable day outside in terms of weather and light, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Which one is better? :confused:

Attachments

• Flowers and chocolate.jpg
    Flowers and chocolate.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 43
  • Flowers and chocolate - less saturated red.jpg
    Flowers and chocolate - less saturated red.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 40

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
I keep coming back to this picture.
Something about it, that is very captivating. :)
Thanks! I found the shack by wandering (by bike) the back streets of a new part of town. Korea produces some fine shacks.
Nikkor 70-300 VR... First outing with it -- yesterday, Sarasota Bay.
Really nice bird. Makes me want to get out and find some.

Nice bird, too. There are some similar birds around here, but they seem to be quite shy. I'm definitely going to try my hand at the pan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.