Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Rusty Sign

rustysign_web.jpg

April 21, 2007.
Nikon D40
Nikkor 70-300mm VR​

I have ridden my bike past this sign many times, but only yesterday did I finally stop to snap it.

Well the photos you have taken so far are quite nice. I have always liked photos of birds, but have never been interested in taking any myself. :eek: Too bad, because in Australia, I always see birds that any bird-lover would love to see in real life.

The birds here are pretty average, but I like the challenge of capturing the skittish little beggers. :) Also, even the plain brown ones have remarkably detailed feathers, etc.--real works of natural art. One of these days I'll go to Aus. to see the cool plants, spiders, birds, marsupials and so forth.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
It's a new day in my timezone. :)

I took this just now (today) in my room. I think I'm going to start shooting "texture". Here's one of my three texture photos. I'm not going to tell you what this is, although maybe I should tell people what I shot to surprise them. Not sure yet.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 68

fall3n

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2006
Hdr?

Was waiting for my gf to get ready this morning and decided to try and imitate an HDR photo using Photoshop. The original is taken with my gf's little point and shoot camera when we were in L.A. Sorry there's no EXIF data. Let me know how it turned out...

Original
P1010200.jpg

HDR-imitation using only JPEG as a base.
P1010200-2.jpg

blaster_boy

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2004
Belgium
Was waiting for my gf to get ready this morning and decided to try and imitate an HDR photo using Photoshop. The original is taken with my gf's little point and shoot camera when we were in L.A. Sorry there's no EXIF data. Let me know how it turned out...

I am totally not an expert at all, but honestly while the second one is special I like the original better somehow.

§HAMU§

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2006
raleigh, nc
camera: canon rebel xt
lens: canon ef 28mm f/1.8
focal length: 28mm
shutter: 1/5
aperture: f/22
iso: 100
filters: cirular polarizer, nd4

i have to pee

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Posting first picture

468934324_2bb7e125cb_b.jpg

OK, this has been some trial and error, been trying to post a pic, hope this shows up.

I am by no means a photographer like most of you all who post here. I recently purchased a point and shoot Canon SD 800 IS which I took this picture with. It is taken of a dogwood tree in Yorktown, Virginia.

EDIT: Are there any photo services that let you put the full res picture up for free? It seems that both PhotoBucket and Flickr allow only up to 1024x768.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
Behind my friend's apartment. Also, I'm finally starting to be pained with having to compress all these pictures to post here. Oh well.

Memphis, TN
Olympus E-500
Taken: 4/22/07
Shutter Speed:1/250
Aperture: f/3.7
Focal Length: 18mm
Flash: Off
ISO: 100

Attachments

• Statue-Face.jpg
    Statue-Face.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 57

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location

Original
P1010200.jpg

HDR-imitation using only JPEG as a base.
P1010200-2.jpg

It looks like the contrast is much higher, which isn't quite the same thing as HDR. I like the original, or maybe something in between.

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
OK, this has been some trial and error, been trying to post a pic, hope this shows up.

I am by no means a photographer like most of you all who post here. I recently purchased a point and shoot Canon SD 800 IS which I took this picture with. It is taken of a dogwood tree in Yorktown, Virginia.

EDIT: Are there any photo services that let you put the full res picture up for free? It seems that both PhotoBucket and Flickr allow only up to 1024x768.
It's nice to see images of spring. I like the mix of flowers in the foreground contrasted with nascent leaves in the back.

CanonS326451.jpg

Sydney Harbour
April 9th, 2007

Canon S3 IS
15 seconds
f/8​
I would love to do that in HDR. All I need is a ticket to Australia. :)

vandi

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2007
Atlanta
Finally got some real bleeding spring around here… took long enough

469191347_3d8796d843_b.jpg

Somwhere at UMass

Canon Rebel XTi
Sigma DC 18-200mm 3.5-6.3​

that's so cool. how'd you give it the spinning illusion? I do agree with you...it is about time spring showed up!:p

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
Somewhere at UMass

Your post made me homesick for the achingly beautiful springs in Amherst. Here is a photo, of far lesser quality than yours, but one I cherish nonetheless since it one of the few I took on campus before I left for another job.

Attachments

• Bartlett Spring 1.jpg
    Bartlett Spring 1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.