Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Tree and Old Gate

tree_gateWeb.jpg

Daegu, South Korea
April 22, 2007.
Nikon D40
Sigma 10-20mm

terriyaki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2005
Vancouver
My little Brother robbing some dude on a breakaway in a Championship game. His team won 3-2 and he was named the game's MVP. :)

mg2367editeddt7.jpg

*Edited due to white balance adjustments*

iAussie

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2006
That's very nice, especially the perspective. It's hard to get a shot of the Opera House from a slightly different angle because in most cases, you need to be on a boat to do so.

Its always hard to get a unique view of popular landmarks, though I quite liked your abstract version (no pun intended)

I picked up a book last year called 'Photograph Australia' by Steve Parish (here's his profile on Apple's website) which suggested Mrs Macquaries Point as a good spot, so I'm glad I followed his advice! The book has lots of good photography advice, as well as specific suggestions for different places around Australia.

If you've ever gotten a postcard from Australia, there's a good chance he took the photo on it!

GnrlyMrly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Black Shoals Park, Georgia
4/21/07
6:09PM

467791582_41d038a860.jpg

Camera: Canon EOS 400D
Exposure: 0.004 sec (1/250)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Same thing from me - but it's more of a jaw-dropping with no sound coming out. Superb !!

Whenever I see his photos, I think my DSLR must be broken. :p

My guess is that it's the bottom of a really old and worn out pair of shoes.

Close, but not quite. ;) It's actually the top of something, but you're pretty close.

I picked up a book last year called 'Photograph Australia' by Steve Parish (here's his profile on Apple's website) which suggested Mrs Macquaries Point as a good spot, so I'm glad I followed his advice! The book has lots of good photography advice, as well as specific suggestions for different places around Australia.

If you've ever gotten a postcard from Australia, there's a good chance he took the photo on it!

1. Thanks regarding my photo.

2. Steve Parrish's name is on every damn souvenir. I don't even think his photos are that great, actually. However, he sells a lot of books and postcards, so I may be wrong.

§HAMU§

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2006
raleigh, nc
camera: canon rebel xt
lens: canon ef 28mm f/1.8
focal: 28mm
aperture: f/16
shutter: 15 sec
iso: 100
filter: hoya nd4, tiffen circular polarizer

peeing rock

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
455480347_8002588515.jpg

Not sure if I should crop it so that I'll cut the rock to the right out or not.

Clone it out. That's like a 5 minute job!

Took this photo in my room at midnight today after taking the last photo I posted (I'm sort of cheating by posting my photo 15 minutes early :eek:). It was hard to get this one just right, since the fabric has to be parallel to the sensor to avoid depth of field issues. Also, the light has to be OK. Finding a "clean" part of the fabric was tough, because it looks clean and neat until you use a macro lens on it and find that it looks horrific.

Attachments

• Fabric.jpg
    Fabric.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 66

weazle1098

macrumors regular
that's so cool. how'd you give it the spinning illusion? I do agree with you...it is about time spring showed up!:p

Hey, thanks a lot! Umm… It's just a cheap photoshop effect I fiddled with in my über-ghetto version of photoshop. It's a radial blur, But I almost like the original better: http://www.flickr.com/photos/weazle1098/469219271/

Your post made me homesick for the achingly beautiful springs in Amherst. Here is a photo, of far lesser quality than yours, but one I cherish nonetheless since it one of the few I took on campus before I left for another job.

Also, thanks! UMass has some really pretty spots on it…*some not so pretty spots too…**cough fine arts center cough* But, Northeast, where that was taken is one of my favorite spots.

PixelFactory

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2003
Chicago
Here is a shot of the Art Institute of Chicago. The sun was just on the head of the lion.

Chicago, IL
Nikon D80
Taken: 4/22/07
Shutter Speed: 1/250
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 135mm
Flash: Off
ISO: 100

Attachments

• ArtInstitutesml.jpg
    ArtInstitutesml.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.