Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I loves me some glassy waves!:D

100b5072vp3.jpg

Kodak 5Mp ez share
1 /640 @ f /6.3, ISO 80

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Metallic Tango Dancers on La Florida, Buenos Aires

Nikon D40, ISO 800

Attachments

• Metallic-Tango.gif
    Metallic-Tango.gif
    240.7 KB · Views: 94

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
El Obelisco de Buenos Aires is also a Monument.

Attachments

• El Obelisco.gif
    El Obelisco.gif
    127.3 KB · Views: 63

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Again a little reminder of one of the thread rules:

It does not matter when the picture was taken, as long as you only post ONE SINGLE IMAGE per day. Make sure to post a date, location and description.

If this turns into a frantic posting game/spamfest, the thread will be closed!

And this is the second and last warning!

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
If this turns into a frantic posting game/spamfest, the thread will be closed!
I'm confused... I had interpreted that to mean one pic post per day, but didn't realize it implies one post per day including all compliments, suggestions, criticism, banter and just plain spam.

So I suppose this means I had better insert a pic with this or I'll have to wait until tomorrow.:p :eek:

offshore winds rule. Kodak 5Mp ezshare
1-30-2005, at paradise beach.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
I'm confused... I had interpreted that to mean one pic post per day, but didn't realize it implies one post per day including all compliments, suggestions, criticism, banter and just plain spam.

So I suppose this means I had better insert a pic with this or I'll have to wait until tomorrow.:p :eek:

offshore winds rule. Kodak 5Mp ezshare
1-30-2005, at paradise beach.

I'm a bit confused as well. I have yet to see anyone spamming or frantically posting. Once in a while a new arrival to the thread will post more than one picture, but it's pretty rare. It seems to me that it would be a shame to close this long-running, quite popular thread on such a basis.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Guys:

ONE photo is allowed to be posted per day. Post the location, date, and maybe a title for the photo. EXIF data seems to have been added to posts, which is actually quite nice sometimes. However, EXIF has always been an optional thing, and never really the original intent of this thread.

Posting a time and place gives a certain feel for some photos, especially when there's a story behind them.

Anyway, here's a photo of a spider I took on the 29th of April, 2007 at my nearby Botanic Garden. I was looking for dragonflies or bees to shoot, but since I absolutely suck at shooting macros of things like dragonflies, bees, and any flying insect, I chose this spider instead.

And no, my WB isn't messed up. I like the "cold" appearance. ;)

Attachments

• Spider.jpg
    Spider.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 70

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Guys:

ONE photo is allowed to be posted per day. Post the location, date, and maybe a title for the photo.

I think that is quite clear and need not be stated yet again....

But what isn't clear to me is the reason for the moderator's threats based on "frantic posting game/spamfest[ing]." It seems draconian to me. A simple PM to the offending double poster ought to be sufficient.
[sorry if I come across as peevish...I don't react well to threats or heavy-handedness ;) ]

unknown87

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2007
Fire Dancer

P5040009.jpg

Taken last night, I just wish I could have got rid of some of the noise...

4/5/07

Olympus X760
4.0 at f 5.7
ISO 100

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
I think the mod was referring to the talk above about the Washington monument as spam.

I don't think that's spam either, just discussing the location/subject of a photo. I honestly don't understand the mod's comments and threats.
( can I post this without a photo? )

IMG_2274s.jpg

Canon 350D 1/250s f/13.0 ISO1600 85mm, 25 march 2007, navekvarn, sweden.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
I think that is quite clear and need not be stated yet again....

I don't think we need to mention it again either, but I think he's not seeing enough info accompanying the photos, or seeing too many people posting more than one photo in a day (although some n00bs used to post multiple photos in a single post, which doesn't happen anymore, meaning we've corrected for that already)

He couldn't have been referring to the handful of posts regarding the Washington Monument, so I guess he's talking about the breaking of simple rules. :eek:

Anyway, enough discussion about that....

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
I don't think if someone "breaks the rules of this thread once or twice, it need be cause for some "serious consequences."

It's just a webfroum... Not an institution where rules with no ill effects should be enforced harshly.

But that's just my opinion.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
I don't think that's spam either, just discussing the location/subject of a photo. I honestly don't understand the mod's comments and threats.
( can I post this without a photo? )

IMG_2274s.jpg

Canon 350D 1/250s f/13.0 ISO1600 85mm, 25 march 2007, navekvarn, sweden.

Why were you photographing at ISO 1600 when you're getting shutter times of 1/250 second? I'm guessing it was an accident.

Anyway, it's a new day in my timezone. ;)

Here's a photo of a bee taken on April 29th, 2007 at my nearby Botanic Garden, just like the spider photo. I have another spider photo, but the bee is cuter.

I cropped it sliiiightly and increased the brightness a bit.

Attachments

• bee.jpg
    bee.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 58

superted666

Oct 17, 2005
Why were you photographing at ISO 1600 when you're getting shutter times of 1/250 second? I'm guessing it was an accident.

Anyway, it's a new day in my timezone. ;)

Here's a photo of a bee taken on April 29th, 2007 at my nearby Botanic Garden, just like the spider photo. I have another spider photo, but the bee is cuter.

I cropped it sliiiightly and increased the brightness a bit.

I think the noise adds to the image's feel.
It doesnt always have to be pin sharp and noise free to be a good photo, i think it works well.

Good photo!

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Mean 'Ol Dawg

mean_ol_dog.jpg

April 8, 2007
Nikon D40
Nikkor 70-300mm VR @ 70mm
iso 400​

This old country dog accosted me when I stopped near its home to photograph some cows. Barking, it would not stop. :rolleyes:

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Canon Eos 300D
Focal Length: 55mm
ISO: 400
f/5.0
Shutter speed 1/60
Simple black and white layer edit in photoshop to isolate this lovely flower (which is the actual colour it is).

weazle1098

macrumors regular
Caucasian Chalk Circle - Bertolt Brecht

I was once again invited to a dress rehersal of the show that I've worked for a few months on as the design photographer. My sole purpose was to capture the scenic elements in use and under stage lighting for the scenic design team and the lighting designer. This doesn't really relate to that, but its one of my favorites and I always like to see what people do with the stuff I've done. If you're curious I was a carpenter/welder/painter for this show.

485287225_aa1b9faf42_b.jpg

Date: 04.25.07
Time: 21.00h
Place: Land of Magic and Joy and Joyness

Canon Rebel XTi (400D)
Sigma DC 18-200mm 1:3.5-6.3

I think some people should not squash discussion here, by the way, though it may not have intended to be, I think that this has become a learning platform for some people, myself included, about this art, don't kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.