Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.JahJahwarrior.

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2007
Been a while since I've posted here. I post pictures to several websites, hopefully this is a new one here. If not, sorry....

467952211_4a9d370c5e.jpg

face of the reactor that produced the plutonium for the first bomb
Vivitar V3800N
no-name 135mm f2.8
probably 1/125 shutter speed.

As per the high ISO shotof the ducks, I think it's perfect and that the grain is part of the image. If shot at ISO 100, it would be a more boring shot.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Been a while since I've posted here. I post pictures to several websites, hopefully this is a new one here. If not, sorry....

face of the reactor that produced the plutonium for the first bomb

I have seen it, long time ago. But it's still a great photo. Especially from a historical perspective. Who cares if it has been posted before. (except some
mod perhaps whose name I shall not mention. :) )

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I think the noise adds to the image's feel.
It doesnt always have to be pin sharp and noise free to be a good photo, i think it works well.

Good photo!

Noise!?! I don't see it. :eek: There's definitely a bit of motion blur, though. Weird thing is that there's a part of the bee that IS sharp. It's just that when you're shooting at better than 1:1 magnification (my Nikon 105 mm VR can get 1:0.7 magnification), the depth of field is probably 2 mm (ie: smaller than the size of the bee), even at f/16 or f/20, so parts of the bee will be blurry. But in this case, I think motion blur is the big thing because the shutter time I used was quite short, and of course, that's due to the f/16 to f/22 aperture I used to get a decent depth of field. :eek:

It's all a juggling act.

EDIT: Oh, you were talking about the other photo, right?

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Power

power.jpg

Daegu, South Korea
May 5, 2007
Nikon D40
70-300mm VR + Sigma 1.4x t.c. @~130mm​

This shot combines two subjects I favor, power towers and the sun. No added color...just increased the contrast.

JDN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2006
Lund Sweden {London England}

Daegu, South Korea
May 5, 2007
Nikon D40
70-300mm VR + Sigma 1.4x t.c. @~130mm​

This shot combines two subjects I favor, power towers and the sun. No added color...just increased the contrast.

Great shot, i really like the silhouette style/effect.

Can't wait until i get my D40x in like 4 weeks! Got so many great ideas from this thread, hopefully ill be able to participate soon enough.

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
green and yellow and orange and red

d70s_2007_05301.jpg

"green and yellow and orange and red"
Ashbridges Bay Park, Toronto, Canada
April 28, 2007
D70s, Nikkor 85/1.4

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
Daegu, South Korea
May 5, 2007
Nikon D40
70-300mm VR + Sigma 1.4x t.c. @~130mm[/CENTER]

Great shot freebooter. Beautiful sky and nice spotting of the silhouette.

"green and yellow and orange and red"
Ashbridges Bay Park, Toronto, Canada
April 28, 2007
D70s, Nikkor 85/1.4
Really nice detail in this one. I have really enjoyed your last two shots following your small absence in this thread.

B

BigMäc

Long-haired Syrian Hamster - 05/04/2007

IMG_7281.jpg

Canon EOS 30D, EF 50 mm f1.2L - 1/50@f1.2, ISO 1600

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Another shot from my mobile phone... it is really good for a phone!

PM me for EXIF data.

As for where... just after a rain shower in Manchester. I was on my way to the shops and the colour of these flowers caught my eye.

superted666

Oct 17, 2005
Noise!?! I don't see it. :eek: There's definitely a bit of motion blur, though. Weird thing is that there's a part of the bee that IS sharp. It's just that when you're shooting at better than 1:1 magnification (my Nikon 105 mm VR can get 1:0.7 magnification), the depth of field is probably 2 mm (ie: smaller than the size of the bee), even at f/16 or f/20, so parts of the bee will be blurry. But in this case, I think motion blur is the big thing because the shutter time I used was quite short, and of course, that's due to the f/16 to f/22 aperture I used to get a decent depth of field. :eek:

It's all a juggling act.

EDIT: Oh, you were talking about the other photo, right?

Yea sorry, should of been more clear :)
My bad

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
hazy Sunday

Did the dawn patrol this morning, surf was pretty flat but it was still beautiful.
this dolphin was part of a larger pod gathering baitfish close to shore.

glassdolphin.jpg

Sunday morning, paradise beach.:)

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
That is so neat, at first I thought it was a tree reflection or something. I'm really curious to know what happenedto the windwo to crack it like that. Great job.

Thanks! :)

I don't really know what happened to the window, it was just the middle of the night and there was this loud BANG. Went down to see what it was and the window had shattered. All I know is nothing hit it (probably something to do with it constantly heating up and cooling down... no idea), and luckily it had a UV film on it so it didn't shatter into a thousand pieces all over the floor and proved a unique photo op. :D

Crawn2003

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2005
Santa Rosa, California
Resume' Photo Page

Getting the old resume' together and decided to add a sample page at the end of it. Having way to much fun..... Like pulling teeth.... :p

The top is white intentionally, where my contact info goes, but I'd rather not have everyone possibly calling or using my address for anything.

Well, anyway, here it is. Most were shot with my Horseman 4x5 camera and scanned in with a Microtek i900 film scanner. The bottom pano was shot with a D70s (over 10 images) and stitched together in Photoshop manually.

~Crawn

EDIT: Just to clarify, these are not individual photos I'm posting on here. It's a collage of photos in one frame, most of which I've posted before. I'm sorry if this annoys anyone. :-\

487896231_8b2af944c1_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.