Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

epicwelshman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2006
Nassau, Bahamas
Wow... seems really exact and perfect ... of course, I have had 1/2 bottle of wine right now, so my judgment may not be 100%!

Great shot! Any photoshop enhancements or is that perfect?

1/2 bottle of wine improves judgement!

In terms of the photo it's pretty much straight from camera... I lucked out. All I did was tweak the curves slightly to get a touch more contrast, and bumped the blues, yellows and oranges up about 20%.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Beautiful colours :)

Mind posting a full size? I think that would make a lovely background.

Thank you! I am using it as the wallpaper on my Mac Pro right now, and, yes, it DOES make a lovely background! :)

I may at some point be doing something else with this -- cards or something -- so don't want to put anything other than the small-sized version on the web. Sorry! You can see more of my work at http://clixpix.zenfolio.com

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
I'm pretty certain those are honey bees, not yellow jackets. This is coming from someone who is freaking scared out of his mind by anything that flies and looks like it might potentially have a stinger....

I got stung yesterday trying to trim a tree in my front yard. Once I confirmed the nest was there, I came back and grabbed this (its not quite a clear as I would like, I will admit I was a bit jumpy while taking it...). Next step is getting rid of it so I don't have a half-trimmed tree at the end of the driveway!

Nikon D80 + 55-200 VR
Exposure: Aperture Priority
Shutter Speed: 1/90
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 200mm
Flash: Off
ISO: 100

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Egg Laying Time

eggs-web.jpg

Egg Laying Time
June 24, 2007.
Nikon D40
Micro-Nikkor 105mm D
tripod, pop-up flash, diffuser
1/5 s @ f 29, iso 400​

I was shooting some other insect when I noticed what I thought at first was a dead and bleached butterfly hanging in an old spider web. Then I saw the eggs. Upon closer inspection, I could see 'mom' laying down the next generation. Or, should I say "hanging up"?
I used the longer shutter speed to have a subdued but still visible background, and the flash for a well-lit subject and to help prevent motion blur.

Spikeanator6982

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2007
ceph

ceph
11/28/05 10:30:55
In our basement
Canon EOS Rebel Standard 18-55 lens.

ceph6.jpg

hope you like it, keep in mind I was only 15 when I took this picture of my plant. the picture is one of my prides as is the plant.

let me know what you think.
(edit) I thought i should add the pitchers are 1/2-3/4 inches tall in the picture
Brad

jlcharles

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2006
Wenonah, NJ
Villanova Church

This is the church at Villanova, where I went to school and the church I got married in. I drove up on Saturday for pictures. I'm having this printed and will be framing it for my dad since he's alumni too. Taken on Ilford Delta 100 on my Hasselblad. f/8 and 1/30ish. Developed in my bathroom, negs scanned and worked over for a few hours tonight in CS2.

Click for large

618843352_321d17239b.jpg

zedLondon

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
London
Taken from Waterloo Bridge in last year

Shutter Speed: 2”
Aperture Value: F5.6
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 45.0mm

Attachments

• london_100906_005.jpg
    london_100906_005.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 89

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Nice shot! You weren't out there on Saturday scaring the GBH were you?

LOL! Nope, had to work on Saturday afternoon, so I spent Friday afternoon out there..... That's why I had that long lens with me, though, as I was hoping to spot the GBH again. No such luck! Everything else was a macro lens and/or a short lens. The water lily was way out in the pond and the 300 was the longest lens I had with me so retrieved it from the bag and used it. I was rather pleased with how the shot came out....

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
LOL! Nope, had to work on Saturday afternoon, so I spent Friday afternoon out there..... That's why I had that long lens with me, though, as I was hoping to spot the GBH again. No such luck! Everything else was a macro lens and/or a short lens. The water lily was way out in the pond and the 300 was the longest lens I had with me so retrieved it from the bag and used it. I was rather pleased with how the shot came out....

I went out there Saturday with my 400. I couldn't get a good shot on any of the lilies out on the ponds. The GBH wouldn't get away from the manicured lawn, so I didn't get anything good- but it was mostly a scouting trip and I'll be going back in a few weeks when the light's right instead of in the afternoon.

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
My Sister

I'd say we need more indoor shots. keep 'em coming girls/guys.

Here you can see my sister at her new job, first day. Luckily there were unsually few guests that day, so she really had a good start. Ride on! :)

Shot with NIKON D40.

/oh i see Imageshack now adds a 'Shot with ...' Link. interesting, let's see what else they can think of. Maybe some automatic EXIF info? would be useful, as a lot of people ask for the exif. nevermind

have a nice day.

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
It's been ages since I posted anything , I've been busy for the past couple of months trying to rebuild my recording studio.
As usual the photo's in this thread are absolutely astounding,there's so much variety and quality you are all to be commended.

I was in London for a Peter Gabriel performance at the weekend and my son wanted to go to the Star Wars exhibition while we were in town. Lighting in the exhibition was dreadful for photographs (My FZ5 doesn't perform well at all in low light) and most of the props were in glass cases making use of the flash pointless. Here's one of the more acceptable ones, Darth Vaders Mask.

Exif
Camera: Panasonic DMC-FZ5
Exposure: 0.25 sec (1/4)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 6 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0/100 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

623981097_84eadb43cb_b.jpg

zedLondon

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
London
Taken 27 December 2006 at a fair in Hyde Park. Two of my mates, trying to get a bad taste bear from one of the machines.

IMG_1513.jpg

Camera: Canon EOS 350D
Shutter Speed: 1/8
Aperture Value: F4.5
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 34.0mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.