Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazydreaming

macrumors 6502a
Toronto, Ontario.

Nikon D200
1/60
f 6.3
18mm
ISO 100
http://web.mac.com/carrcharlie/iWeb/Site/Micellaneous Color_files/slideshow.html?slideIndex=1
slideshow.html

(sorry about the double post, I can't figure out why the image isn't showing up. It's on my .mac homepage and I'm trying to post it here.)

crazydreaming

macrumors 6502a
monkeydo_jb said:
Very cool! Care to explain the technique?

Were you back pedaling at the same speed as they were walking?
Rear syncing flash w/shutter drag?

Actually, it was not as technical as you are thinking...

I was simply walking around holding my camera discretly down at my waist shooting random people as I walked about the city. These people didn't know I was photographing them :eek:

TrenchMouth

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2002
Fun with fire. Jupiter, FL
Exposure: 1.3 sec (13/10)
Aperture: f/4.3
Focal Length: 12.8 mm
ISO Speed: 50

There are some really great photos being posted on here. Likewise, my 3.2MP camera is really starting to show its age. I am in the market for something new (in the $3-400 range) but i suppose that is a different story for a different thread. there is a link below to some of my other images on flickr.

snap58

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2006
somewhere in kansas
qpawn said:
I really like this picture. I like the perspective seeing the baby in the lower left grass with a forest behind him. But that didn't stop me playing around with the image in photoshop! Hope you don't mind! :D

baby.jpg

Nice work, snap58!

Pretty sure Chip would have cropped the same way, good eye for that.

I almost never crop, try to get in it what I want, but I couldn't get those little ***** in the orange shirts to stay out of the way. I wanted a sort of "abandoned" feeling since she sure as hell wasn't going to smile. You'd think she saw a snake or something, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who noticed that.

That said, really nice PP work! Did you layer it and screen with some blur? I really like it what ever you did. Thanks for your comments.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I think I would've cropped it a bit more to get rid of that distracting bit of white at the left-hand side, as it keeps drawing my eyes away from the baby. There's still enough head room to do that. The other possibility would be to simply clone in some greenery in that area and remove the white that way.

snap58

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2006
somewhere in kansas
Clix Pix said:
I think I would've cropped it a bit more to get rid of that distracting bit of white at the left-hand side, as it keeps drawing my eyes away from the baby. There's still enough head room to do that. The other possibility would be to simply clone in some greenery in that area and remove the white that way.

That would work, I could also try and clone the two little orange guys out of the path in the background. But not tonight,

thanks again for the input,

DBAlex

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2006
s40203316lt.jpg

Taken in Skiathos - Greece... Taken with a cheap £35 camera, a Samsung A402 compact camera, It was taken in pretty good light but using the cameras B+W mode... I still want to get a Digital SLR soon though, Photography has become more of an addiction than a hobby :p

BTW, Ive got lots of other cool pics i took like this (B+W and Colour) ill post them if anyone wants em, they make good desktop wallpapers! :)

matt311rocks

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2006
Morning Glory

Morning Glory/ Marion, OH/ 2/26/05

Camera: Sony DSC F717
ISO: 100
Shutter/Aperture:1/160 @ f2.0
Lens: Fixed

DSC04974%20color.jpg

JGruber

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
Upclose with a Bee

Well here is a Bee that landed on my shorts at a baseball game... had to try and get a good close up of it.

Data

1/125
55mm
F/5.6
ISO200

Attachments

• bee.jpg
    bee.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 84

qpawn

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2003
California
Cover Your Mouth When You Cough

Wilton, CA, July 2, 2006

Shutter: 1/200
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 38 mm
ISO: 200

beehave.jpg

Cropped and a slight unsharp mask in photoshop.

B

BigMäc

Munot, Schaffhausen, Switzerland 7/12/06

attachment.php

Camera: Canon EOS 30D
ISO: 1600 (should have set it to 800)
Focal Length: 50 mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/125 @ f4
Lens: EF 50 mm f1.8 II

Attachments

• IMG_1245.jpg
    IMG_1245.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 580

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Clix Pix said:
Thanks, Chip! I keep meaning to put those images you want on a CD/DVD in full resolution and full size so you can print them in the square format. I'll be happy to sign them!

Yeah, I just remembered the other day that the 300mm f/4 is one of those which has the rebate and so I should snap one up before the rebate period ends.... Next time you get a shipment of them in to the store, tuck one away for me. :)

Thanks for trusting me with full res images. :) I always want to respect the talents of those that I want to own images of.

BTW, give me a call at work tomorow afternoon, or evening - there might be a surprise there for you! :D

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
snap58 said:
Pretty sure Chip would have cropped the same way, good eye for that.

Thanks. I guess I may have missed my calling as a photo editor. :D

I like your crop, but the one I attached, I like even better. Some may think that I have a Hassleblad bias. Not that at all. I tend to try to look at images in 4:3, 3:2, or 1:1 ratio - and dare I say 16:9. These ratios fit most standard print sizes in some way.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
A Jack Russel's Best Friend, Littleton, CO, 07/13/06

DSC_0424.jpg

Camera: Nikon D50
Shutter: 1/125
Aperture: f5.6
Focal Length: 300.00mm
ISO: 200

DBAlex

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2006
Shot facing upwards the trunk of a tree! (Yet another from greece...)

I was impressed by the amount of detail my little point and shoot captured! :)

tree8mw.jpg

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
DBAlex said:
Shot facing upwards the trunk of a tree! (Yet another from greece...)

I was impressed by the amount of detail my little point and shoot captured! :)

<snip>

The black and white effect really makes that picture. I love it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.