Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moshiiii

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Sarasota, FL
seenew said:
Took this shot at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta last fall.

Make: NIKON
Model: E8800
Shutter Speed: 10/1200 second
F Number: F/5.0
Focal Length: 9 mm
ISO Speed: 50
Date Picture Taken: Nov 15, 2005, 10:51:22 AM

iThinkICan.jpg

I'm really into this shot. This picture has a huge message to it.

B

BigMäc

Sudden change, Zürich city park 7/08/06

attachment.php

Camera: Canon EOS 30D
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 50 mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/160 @ f4
Lens: EF 50 mm f1.8 II

Attachments

• IMG_1138.jpg
    IMG_1138.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 612

JGruber

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
BigMac.. that is a nice picture.
I think the Black & White effect does it for the picture.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Clix Pix said:
80413667-L.jpg

Falls Church, VA July 8, 2006
Nikon D200
Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4
Focal Length: 200mm
ISO: 800
f/16 @ 1/250 sec

Clix, another winning image IMO.

Hope you don't mind, but here is a square crop of the same image that I think might be more powerful.

Remind me when you come in for the 300mm :)D ) to talk about getting some signed prints from you.

Attachments

• 80413667-L.jpg
    80413667-L.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 49

peterparker

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Houston
Spider with eggs, Houston (Texas Medical Center), 7/10/2006

Camera: Nikon D50
Exposure: 0.004 sec (1/250)
Aperture: f/16
Focal Length: 105 mm
ISO Speed: 200

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
snap58 said:
He could answer better, but I'm pretty sure it was PP. In photoshop an easy way to do it is make a layer, de-saturate it, then erase off where you want the color to come through.

Great job. You did a great job on controlling the color in the B&W. Some make it too harsh. You maintained that hand-colored look well. Hope you enter it in some contests.

qpawn

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2003
California
snap58 said:
Like the wee little hands

Canon 5D
1/800
F4
24mm
24-105 IS 4.0L

I really like this picture. I like the perspective seeing the baby in the lower left grass with a forest behind him. But that didn't stop me playing around with the image in photoshop! Hope you don't mind! :D

baby.jpg

Nice work, snap58!

Canonrebel

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2006
Beatle on leaf...

Taking with a Canon Rebel digital at minimun focus 18mm.
A bit work for sharpen in PS and crop 50 % from Raw file.:)

Attachments

• CRW_2085macrumors.jpg
    CRW_2085macrumors.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 70

monkeydo_jb

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2002
Columbia, MO
Looks like he added a slight blur and glow to the whole picture?

1. Duplicate background layer
2. Add Guassian Blur (play with the amount you want)
3. Change blending to Screen
4. Change Opacity to taste

Is that about right, qpawn?

monkeydo_jb

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2002
Columbia, MO
Too many great shots on here to keep up with compliments!

seenew said:
Took this shot at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta last fall.

seenew: This pic has so much meaning for me. That's what it's all about. You have a great eye and I love your PP style.

BigMac: Love the dreary mood in this pic and how you've captured the rainful. Great B&W conversion.

ClixPix: Stunning macro. Very abstract feel and love the depth. The bird makes me smile everytime I look at it. Love how it's centered.

OutThere: Your pics are also consistently great. Love the contrast and subtle colors on the faucet.

snap58: Great baby shot! I do like qpawn's cropping and PP.

qpawn

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2003
California
monkeydo_jb said:
Looks like he added a slight blur and glow to the whole picture?

1. Duplicate background layer
2. Add Guassian Blur (play with the amount you want)
3. Change blending to Screen
4. Change Opacity to taste

Is that about right, qpawn?
pretty much! i like my babies soft! :p

except for some reason i think i used Lens Blur instead of Gaussian... screen layer was set to about 80%... and a curves adjustment layer to bring up the shadows a little... only looks good because of snap58's great pic to start with! :)

edit: i remember performing an unsharp mask on the background layer only after everything else... not sure what settings.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Chip NoVaMac said:
Clix, another winning image IMO.

Hope you don't mind, but here is a square crop of the same image that I think might be more powerful.

Remind me when you come in for the 300mm :)D ) to talk about getting some signed prints from you.

Thanks, Chip! I keep meaning to put those images you want on a CD/DVD in full resolution and full size so you can print them in the square format. I'll be happy to sign them!

Yeah, I just remembered the other day that the 300mm f/4 is one of those which has the rebate and so I should snap one up before the rebate period ends.... Next time you get a shipment of them in to the store, tuck one away for me. :)

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
monkeydo_jb said:
Too many great shots on here to keep up with compliments!
ClixPix: Stunning macro. Very abstract feel and love the depth. The bird makes me smile everytime I look at it. Love how it's centered.

Thank you! I have to admit, I thought, "bird? WHAT bird?" and looked again more carefully at my image. Yeah, that center section, the inner bits of the Gladiolus, the part reaching out towards the lens, does kind of look like a bird, doesn't it? I love macro photography, as you can really create some fascinating effects, especially with a narrow and/or shallow depth of field.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
My turn to offer compliments to those who have offered such really outstanding images here! This is my favorite thread and I always come here right away to see what wonderful new photos have been presented for our viewing pleasure. There is some really magnificent and intriguing work here. iGary struck gold with this idea!

monkeydo_jb

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2002
Columbia, MO
Clix Pix said:
Thank you! I have to admit, I thought, "bird? WHAT bird?" and looked again more carefully at my image. Yeah, that center section, the inner bits of the Gladiolus, the part reaching out towards the lens, does kind of look like a bird, doesn't it? I love macro photography, as you can really create some fascinating effects, especially with a narrow and/or shallow depth of field.

Haha, sorry, I wasn't being clear. At first I was talking about your macro, then switched to "One of my neighbors peering in...." <- that one!

Your macro does indeed look a like a bird when you look closely!

monkeydo_jb

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2002
Columbia, MO
crazydreaming said:
Love this one. Could you please tell me what you did to it in Photoshop?

Thanker! Ha, the irony of the PP on this one is that after 20min of PS, I thought I had it just how I wanted it and saved it back to iPhoto. Then I decided to try iPhoto's B&W conversion. It was pretty good, but decided to try Antique and this is the result.

In PS I had to do some major work on the foreground. I selected everything below the sky and adjusted the exposure, shadows, contrast, saturation, and slight sharpening. The sky was hardly touched as I took this w/a circular polarizer which made it nice and blue.

Anyone know how to dup this look in PS? Looks like faded colors and somekind of light contrast layer?

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
monkeydo_jb said:
Haha, sorry, I wasn't being clear. At first I was talking about your macro, then switched to "One of my neighbors peering in...." <- that one!

Your macro does indeed look a like a bird when you look closely!

Oh, RIIIGHT!!! I forgot about the birdie on the railing! Yup.... there's something really smile-provoking about him and his expression! I shot him through the sliding glass window and he didn't move an inch, didn't seem to be aware of me or the camera lens pointed in his direction. Actually at one point there were three of them perched there, but one stayed only a short time before flying off and the photos that I got of the three and then the two didn't seem as interesting as just the one by himself....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.