Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Dawn at Cadair Idris

15 july 2006, Wales
Canon EOS 350D, 85/1.8
ISO 200, 1/350, f8.
IMG_1079s.jpg

DJMastaWes said:
I'm sorry to say, but no. All of the images taken July 30th or before were lost by photoshop (luckly I edited them and saved them before they got lost) but photoshop lost the originals after a Kernal Panic (i'm kind of man about that). Actually, they were still in a folder, but they were about 300x300. And I can't do much with those, so.

Sorry.

Thats fine. I know how you feel. I recently went on a trip to SF and Yosemite and my old TiBook died, and scrampled the hard drive, leading me to lose all of my holiday snaps, all 700 of them. BTW, does anybody know a way to revive a hard drive?

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
oblomow said:
15 july 2006, Wales
Canon EOS 350D, 85/1.8
ISO 200, 1/350, f8.
IMG_1079s.jpg

I like the idea here.
Personally, I would have darkened her up some and added some colour (too covey the dawn feeling), and I'd have included more foreground and less empty sky (to give more depth). Also, the sheep on the left belongs into the frame more.
Those are some sweet looking mountains in the background.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Jesus said:
Thats fine. I know how you feel. I recently went on a trip to SF and Yosemite and my old TiBook died, and scrampled the hard drive, leading me to lose all of my holiday snaps, all 700 of them. BTW, does anybody know a way to revive a hard drive?

I used an online resource before. they scanned my hard drive (which was placed as a secondary drive) and told me what could be retrieved and then I spent x amount to get it. wasn't cheap. that was a few years ago.

search for data recovery or retrieval..along that line. sorry..can't remember the exact company. i think some companies want you to send your HD in to them.

it can be done..the biggest thing is to NOT SAVE to the drive at all once a failure happens. you risk stuff being overwritten at that point.

i also saw a handy little backup gadget in a photomag. it's a HD powered on its own and you plug the mem card(s) right into it and it saves the files. another backup resource.
good luck,
keebler

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
freebooter said:
I like the idea here.
Personally, I would have darkened her up some and added some colour (too covey the dawn feeling), and I'd have included more foreground and less empty sky (to give more depth). Also, the sheep on the left belongs into the frame more.
Those are some sweet looking mountains in the background.

Thanks for your advice! I really missed a polarizer on this lens.
OK, what about this. Did I overdo it this time?
IMG_1079sc.jpg

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Jesus said:

I'm not trying to be a lecturing old prat, but the first thing you should do when importing your pics is to burn a CD or DVD of your images. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.00 - very first thing before you touch any of the images.

B

BigMäc

Swiss National Day, Neuhausen am Rheinfall - 8/01/06

IMG_2135.jpg

Camera: Canon EOS 30D
ISO: 400
Shutter/Aperture: 1/60 @ f1.8
Lens: EF 50 mm f1.8 II

Bocheememon

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2006
Fertile, MN
Buschmaster said:
Where the heck is Fertile? I'm guess up by ND huh? I live about a half hour south of the cities, so not up by there... Is it by Moorhead and Fargo?

It is an hour away from Moorhead/Fargo and Grand Forks equal distance.

iGary said:
I'm not trying to be a lecturing old prat, but the first thing you should do when importing your pics is to burn a CD or DVD of your images. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.00 - very first thing before you touch any of the images.

I wish I had thought to back up, I even had my Lacie with me. Thankfully, most of my SF photos are on 35mm, so those I still have.

serpent

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2006
Nikon D70s/70-200@117:f2.8
1/320 ISO 200

A Boy and his Dog

Serpent

Attachments

• Dylan.jpg
    Dylan.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 72

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
oblomow said:
Thanks for your advice! I really missed a polarizer on this lens.
OK, what about this. Did I overdo it this time?
IMG_1079sc.jpg

Oh Yeah! I like that one much better. Nice one :)

The trees in the middle distance echo the mtn.s nicely, and the gently rolling meadow relates to the sheep and softens the overall impression.

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
Fading

Todays image is not that great...

Name - Fading
Date - August 18th 2006
Camera - Fuji Finepix S5000
ISO - 200
Aperture - F3.6
Shutter Speed - 1/4

Todays image is of my Eurorack UB 1622 FX-Pro, it's not that interesting nor that great. I ran out of images to post. I will get some interesting images for the days to come. I promise. Anyway, tomorrows will be a lot better.

081806fadingsa9.png

Preview of tomorrows image:
previewjz7.jpg

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
DJMastaWes said:
Todays image is of my Eurorack UB 1622 FX-Pro, it's not that interesting nor that great. I ran out of images to post. I will get some interesting images for the days to come. I promise. Anyway, tomorrows will be a lot better.
Hehe, picture of the day doesn't mean you're obliged to post a picture every day, you know.

I like your pictures, though.

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
gekko513 said:
Hehe, picture of the day doesn't mean you're obliged to post a picture every day, you know.

I like your pictures, though.
Yea, I know. But I wanna try to post one everyday, to improve my shooting skills, my editing skills, and something to just keep me a little more busy.

And thanks.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
FrankieTDouglas said:
8/20/06, Gibsland, LA

Body: Nikon D70s
Lens: Nikon DX 18-70
Exposure: 6.0s @ f/4.2
Length: 34mm
ISO: 200

I like this! Great idea not to include the head, a blurry face would have
been distracting.

shieldyoureyes

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
FrankieTDouglas said:
8/20/06, Gibsland, LA

Body: Nikon D70s
Lens: Nikon DX 18-70
Exposure: 6.0s @ f/4.2
Length: 34mm
ISO: 200
I really like the colors, lighing and mood of this photo. A bit different from the other stuff I've seen you post, but looks great, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.