Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
A little game Stewie and I used to play with a Mighty Bean:

Bean.gif

Renzatic

Suspended
Yet another Krazy Kitten update!

I probably wouldn't have bothered mentioning this latest vet visit, but I ended up with a picture so funny, I had to share it.

I wasn't able to take them down for their latest rounds of shots, so I had to talk my dad into it. He grumbled and griped, because that's pretty much how my dad communicates these days unless you're going fishing with him, but he eventually agreed.

Apparently the vets decided to do a full on sweep of tests again. All kinds of invasive stuff. One of the kittens, Phuzz, had some slight redness around her eyes, so they ended up swabbing ointment onto all three of the kittens. They apparently didn't enjoy that too much. Hated the flea medicine even worse.

I get the update via text, and then...

this picture...

KittenKru2.jpg

First thing I said was "what did you do to my cats", cuz...damn, they look perturbed.

Pete only looks slightly bothered, because he's a pretty chill cat overall. Phuzz looks like she wants to kill someone slowly. And poor old Polydot, she looks like she's in teetotal shock. They recovered quickly after they got home, and were let out of the cage. But that picture, it's just too good not to share.

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon

I probably wouldn't have bothered mentioning this latest vet visit, but I ended up with a picture so funny, I had to share it.

I wasn't able to take them down for their latest rounds of shots, so I had to talk my dad into it. He grumbled and griped, because that's pretty much how my dad communicates these days unless you're going fishing with him, but he eventually agreed.

Apparently the vets decided to do a full on sweep of tests again. All kinds of invasive stuff. One of the kittens, Phuzz, had some slight redness around her eyes, so they ended up swabbing ointment onto all three of the kittens. They apparently didn't enjoy that too much. Hated the flea medicine even worse.

this picture...

KittenKru2.jpg

First thing I said was "what did you do to my cats", cuz...damn, they look perturbed.

Pete only looks slightly bothered, because he's a pretty chill cat overall. Phuzz looks like she wants to kill someone slowly. And poor old Polydot, she looks like she's in teetotal shock. They recovered quickly after they got home, and were let out of the cage. But that picture, it's just too good not to share.

The one on the left looks like my Millie.

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit

this picture...

KittenKru2.jpg

Awwww! They're so cute! What a great picture.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

this picture...

KittenKru2.jpg

Awwww! They're so cute! What a great picture.

Great story and great picture. Their bewilderment is wonderfully captured.

Renzatic

Suspended
Any further updates on their life stories? Has the issue of future demographics been addressed yet? This serial is way better than a soap opera…...

Nothing too exciting. The most interesting thing is that they've come down to the breezeway to live, since they ended up being chased out of the little house by a groundhog a couple weeks back. It feels like a NatGeo nature documentary in my back yard sometimes, I swear.

And concerning future demographics, Caps goes to the vet this Friday for her spaying. The kittens? Probably about a month or two from now, depending.

Renzatic

Suspended
Any further updates on their life stories? Has the issue of future demographics been addressed yet? This serial is way better than a soap opera…...

And so you know, it has now been done. Caps has been spayed, and is now sitting just behind me in her cat carrier, where I have to keep her until 9 tonight.

There are some mournful sounds coming out of that cage...

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
And so you know, it has now been done. Caps has been spayed, and is now sitting just behind me in her cat carrier, where I have to keep her until 9 tonight.

There are some mournful sounds coming out of that cage...

Hm. Thank you for the thoughtful update. Well, yes, I can imagine…..mournful sounds, indeed.

Actually, on that topic take a look at the two photographs - taken by his owner - of a cat named Milo on his return from a trip to the vet's for the purposes of population control. Google 'Milo, cat, vet' or any combination of those words for two of the funniest photographs I have seen on this topic.

However, you have done very well and it is all for the best; for the best, if you don't wish to inundated with unwanted kittens, that is
..and we can overdo the anthropomorphic stuff. Better prevention than drowning.

Reactions: m4v3r1ck

Renzatic

Suspended
However, you have done very well and it is all for the best; for the best, if you don't wish to inundated with unwanted kittens, that is..and we can overdo the anthropomorphic stuff. Better prevention than drowning.

I know it. I've now got more cats than I know what to do with.

Let me tell you about what happened yesterday. I figured I'd take the kittens into the house to see how they act. Get them used to being indoors, in case someone decides to pick one up. I've only done this once before, when I caught them all panting from the heat, and I popped them in the spare bedroom to sit in the air conditioning for a little bit. Then, all they did was sleep until I carried them back out.

I knew they were house trained, since I keep a cat pan in the garage, and they use it pretty frequently, despite the fact they have the whole yard at their disposal. I wasn't worried. So I throw them upstairs, gave them a toy to play with, and went to go watch a movie for an hour or so.

It wasn't until later that I realized I made a huge tactical error. Though they're trained, I didn't give them a cat pan to use. They had to find somewhere else to go. And they did.

My bed. :mad:

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit

Let me tell you about what happened yesterday. I figured I'd take the kittens into the house to see how they act. Get them used to being indoors, in case someone decides to pick one up. I've only done this once before, when I caught them all panting from the heat, and I popped them in the spare bedroom to sit in the air conditioning for a little bit. Then, all they did was sleep until I carried them back out.

I knew they were house trained, since I keep a cat pan in the garage, and they use it pretty frequently, despite the fact they have the whole yard at their disposal. I wasn't worried. So I throw them upstairs, gave them a toy to play with, and went to go watch a movie for an hour or so.

It wasn't until later that I realized I made a huge tactical error. Though they're trained, I didn't give them a cat pan to use. They had to find somewhere else to go. And they did.

Oh no! That's terrible, and I know how that is from experience.

On a slightly more positive topic, I think it should be a rule that every time you make a post in this thread, that you attach a new photo of them to it. :D

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

You have my sympathy. Genuinely.

But - yes, reading your post, I am smothering a laugh, a laugh that - needless to say - would be completely wiped from my face were something similar to happen to me.

However, for a genuine laugh, Google Milo's story; the two pictures - taken with superb timing by the cat's owner - are priceless.

Renzatic

Suspended
You have my sympathy. Genuinely.

But - yes, reading your post, I am smothering a laugh, a laugh that - needless to say - would be completely wiped from my face were something similar to happen to me.

However, for a genuine laugh, Google Milo's story; the two pictures - taken with superb timing by the cat's owner - are priceless.

Yeah, it's one of those funny when it's not you sorta things. :p

I spent a couple of hours acting like an extra in a documentary about OCD patients. I'm lucky they didn't pee. So damn lucky. But that little pile...and that smell...oh damn. OH DAMN! I threw all the windows open upstairs, set up 4 box fan in a row to make a wind tunnel, and used a full bottle of Febreze to get rid of that smell.

...and it still lingered.

Oh, and I'll look up the Milo story right fast.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Looked up Milo, and...there's a bunch of cats named Milo that went to the vet. Is it the cat who got a kidney transplant?

No. He is the six month old cat who had his testicles removed after a visit to the vet. He is British, and so is his owner, and so, I suspect, as the sources where you can find this story. Metro and the Daily Mail (a rag, yes, I know) among other sources feature it.

'Milo, vet, snip, testicles, losing his bits' or some combination thereof, should get him. On the topic of cats and beds, Milo had been placed on his owner's bed, and slept solidly for an hour or so, still under the anaesthetic, until he came around. The pictures show him on his owner's bed, and the owner - with superb timing - captured the moment when he came around. Well worth seeing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.