Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
nukebd.jpg

Renzatic

Suspended
Yet another Krazy Kitten update!

Took the crew to the vet today. They weren't too happy about it, especially when it came to getting their temperatures taken. Pete (the zippy) and Polydot (orange and white) were pretty tame, if not exactly thrilled about being there. But Phuzz (the calico)? I never knew a cat that small could scream that loud, or fight that hard. I mean she climbed up the side of a flat wall. Didn't even know that was physically possible, even with claws.

...then I saw the bill, and thought about doing the same thing.

CartKittens.JPG

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Yet another Krazy Kitten update!

Took the crew to the vet today. They weren't too happy about it, especially when it came to getting their temperatures taken. Pete (the zippy) and Polydot (orange and white) were pretty tame, if not exactly thrilled about being there. But Phuzz (the calico)? I never knew a cat that small could scream that loud, or fight that hard. I mean she climbed up the side of a flat wall. Didn't even know that was physically possible, even with claws.

...then I saw the bill, and thought about doing the same thing.

CartKittens.JPG

Their expressions speak volumes; a sort of stunned bewilderment which asks 'what exactly has just happened there?' What is the gender break down of this trio?

Renzatic

Suspended
Their expressions speak volumes; a sort of stunned bewilderment which asks 'what exactly has just happened there?' What is the gender break down of this trio?

Pete, who's front and center, is the only male of the bunch. He's also by and far the largest, and, rather unexpectedly, the most laid back of the three. He was the most pliant during the checkup, while the smallest, Phuzz, probably would've killed someone given half the chance.

Dark Void

macrumors 68030
Jun 1, 2011
Pete, who's front and center, is the only male of the bunch. He's also by and far the largest, and, rather unexpectedly, the most laid back of the three. He was the most pliant during the checkup, while the smallest, Phuzz, probably would've killed someone given half the chance.

Those are some very nice looking kitties.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

And have matters of demographics been attended to on this occasion, or will that require a further visit?

Dark Void

macrumors 68030
Jun 1, 2011
Alright! I'll have them freeze dried, vacuum sealed, and sent on their way.

I especially like the one in the back.

The other two seem excited to see you but that one in the back has a ORLY? look on his/her (I'm ignorant) face after being stuffed in a cage and brought to the vet.

Renzatic

Suspended
And have matters of demographics been attended to on this occasion, or will that require a further visit?

A further visit. Caps is scheduled to go in for her spaying on the 31st. The kittens will be going in probably a couple of weeks after, once they've completed their third and final round of vaccines.

This is the plan if I haven't given them away by then, which, for the moment at least, isn't looking too likely. Apparently we've had an explosion of kittens in the area. People aren't adopting, and rehomes are filled to the brim trying to give the bunch they have away. My only options are to keep them, or send them to the pound, where they'll probably be put to sleep after 3 days.

...and that latter is something I really, really don't want to do.

Dark Void said:
I especially like the one in the back.

The other two seem excited to see you but that one in the back has a ORLY? look on his/her (I'm ignorant) face after being stuffed in a cage and brought to the vet.

Everyone seems to like 'lil Phuzz. My personal favorite is Polydot. She's the friendliest and sweetest tempered of the three. Always the first to run out and greet people when they come by.

Also, I've taught her to stand on my shoulder, like a parrot. You gotta appreciate a cat that can do that.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A further visit. Caps is scheduled to go in for her spaying on the 31st. The kittens will be going in probably a couple of weeks after, once they've completed their third and final round of vaccines.

This is the plan if I haven't given them away by then, which, for the moment at least, isn't looking too likely. Apparently we've had an explosion of kittens in the area. People aren't adopting, and rehomes are filled to the brim trying to give the bunch they have away. My only options are to keep them, or send them to the pound, where they'll probably be put to sleep after 3 days.

...and that latter is something I really, really don't want to do.

Everyone seems to like 'lil Phuzz. My personal favorite is Polydot. She's the friendliest and sweetest tempered of the three. Always the first to run out and greet people when they come by.

Also, I've taught her to stand on my shoulder, like a parrot. You gotta appreciate a cat that can do that.

Lovely update. Given your feelings for Polydot, - and the fact that she can stand on your shoulder (which will doubtless evolve to a situation where she can drape herself around your neck and both shoulders) will you keep her?

I knew a western (well, British) couple - intelligent, hard-working journalists both - who worked in Tbilisi, in Georgia, when I worked there, and they had adopted a stray kitten (although, to be more precise, it had adopted them).

They were devoted and responsible cat owners, and despite several attempts found it almost impossible to get their cat spayed as the Georgian vet they dealt with - despite being, as they put it when describing this to me 'an educated man' - held that it was 'unnatural'. When they pointed out that pregnancies and a plethora of unwanted kittens would be the inevitable result, they were advised - by the vet - to drown the kittens.

I can still recall their total stupefaction at this mindset. Good luck with your plans.

Last edited:
Reactions: S.B.G

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I put this towel down (neatly) so I could sit down and brush him (he's shedding). I turned around and took the top off of the garbage can and turned around to this in a matter of seconds. It's like a cat with an empty box. :/

(P.S. Zooming in on this image shows how bad the iPhone 6 camera is. His fur looks painted.)

img_0095-jpg.567769

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
Royal says "It's too hot for a ride. Can't I just stuff my face full of grass instead?"

I now(as of four months ago) have two of those I don't think of them as my pet I think of them as my mortgage payment but it makes the ladies in my life happy so it's OK

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.