Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renzatic

Suspended
I put the cat herd up early tonight, since it's raining hard out, and freezing cold. They usually don't venture far beyond the breezeways on days like this, anyway.

So I went to feed them just a little while back, and decided to go up into the attic in the garage, where they usually hang out to get toasty warm. Pete's already downstairs, spazzing out with a toy mouse like he usually does, so I wanted to see what Phuzz and Polydot were up to.

I pop my head up, and...hey, got this picture.

AtticCats.png

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I put the cat herd up early tonight, since it's raining hard out, and freezing cold. They usually don't venture far beyond the breezeways on days like this, anyway.

So I went to feed them just a little while back, and decided to go up into the attic in the garage, where they usually hang out to get toasty warm. Pete's already downstairs, spazzing out with a toy mouse like he usually does, so I wanted to see what Phuzz and Polydot were up to.

I pop my head up, and...hey, got this picture.

AtticCats.png

Aaaawww. How sickeningly cute is that? Too cute for words……..

Reactions: Renzatic

macquariumguy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Sarasota FL
What a lovely and very well taken photograph. Two plotters…….what are their ages, breed, gender, relationship to one another?

Thanks, they're a couple of mutts. Turbo is your basic orange "built for speed" kind of cat. Not sure what Rocky is, but he's really hairy and built like a barrel and the total opposite of Turbo. We shave him down 3 or 4 times a year to keep the hairballs to a minimum. Rocky is 16 and Turbo is coming up on 13.

They've been besties for a long time. :)

DCP05510.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Thanks, they're a couple of mutts. Turbo is your basic orange "built for speed" kind of cat. Not sure what Rocky is, but he's really hairy and built like a barrel and the total opposite of Turbo. We shave him down 3 or 4 times a year to keep the hairballs to a minimum. Rocky is 16 and Turbo is coming up on 13.

They've been besties for a long time. :)

DCP05510.jpg

They seem to be pretty good friends.

I'd say the chubbier one (Turbo?) might have some Maine Coon, or Norwegian Forest Cat ancestry - they are large, long haired cats, slow to develop with incredible climbing abilities. And quite affectionate, too.

macquariumguy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Sarasota FL
They seem to be pretty good friends.

I'd say the chubbier one (Turbo?) might have some Maine Coon, or Norwegian Forest Cat ancestry - they are large, long haired cats, slow to develop with incredible climbing abilities. And quite affectionate, too.

Rocky is the big one. He could have a touch of those things, but he's got a short face. Not as short as a Persian, but most of the Maine Coons I've seen have a long face. He is friendly, though, and very brave.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Face Ache

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2011
Oz
Buzz (formerly "Atlantis" !?!), a 20 month old Border Collie I brought home from the pound three weeks ago.

He was surrendered due to incessant barking, but he was just bored. With us he barked for the first three days out of habit and then quit completely. Exercise and mental stimulation was the key.

SZxUOsc.jpg

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
Buzz (formerly "Atlantis" !?!), a 20 month old Border Collie I brought home from the pound three weeks ago.

He was surrendered due to incessant barking, but he was just bored. With us he barked for the first three days out of habit and then quit completely. Exercise and mental stimulation was the key.

SZxUOsc.jpg

It's a shame as most people give up dogs for reasons like this. It has nothing to do with the dog but the un-experienced owner who just wants a dogs and think they come pre-trained?!?

Other then that gorgeous dog, well done to you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.