Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Rower_CPU said:
Here's a couple from November, 2003 right after the wildfires in San Diego. I was in the mountains East of town to catch the lunar eclipse and as we drove out the sky exploded with these colors. It's one of the most amazing sunsets I've ever seen.

is this your way of encouraging people to start forest fires?

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
macgfxdesigner said:
Recent Photo:

134923592_1922b1094b.jpg
jupiter-rodevlek.jpg
I forgot to mention this before, but when I saw that pic it looked like there was an image of Jupiter in the background, not a sunset.

Man I'm a geek.

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
If my MacBook Pro wasn't being repaired I'd attach the non website version..

Taken in Portsmouth, UK
aw_0005_large.jpg

And this one taken across the Solent between Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight
aw_0029_large.jpg

And an action shot of the hovercraft..
aw_0064_large.jpg

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Over Achiever said:
Still looking for a really good dusk/dawn photo, but here are a few I've taken this year. Let me know what you think of them ... click the pic for a larger version.

Great images. Dusk/dawn shots can be pretty neat, compared to "traditional" sunrise/sunset pictures.

Here is one from my recent trip to London.

Attachments

• DSC_0105-1web.jpg
    DSC_0105-1web.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 112

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
sunfast said:
Not a photographer, but hope you don't mind me posting my pics

Left is my best sunset and right my best sunrise

Love the sailor one.

Some of the best pictures I have seen are from "non-photgraphers" at the shop I work at.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
well they don't have the typical sunset look, but they were pretty near sunset, so deal with it.

Attachments

• IMG_2546.jpg
    IMG_2546.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2560.jpg
    IMG_2560.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 92

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Over Achiever said:
Very nice wide-angle capture!

Thanks, the Nikon 10.5 fish-eye does rock IMO.

As with jello's shots above, the whole sunrise/sunset vs dawn/dusk argument is hard to define. Here is another shot that I think loosely fits. Yet another example of the Nikon 10.5 fish-eye. This image was cropped from the original.

In retrospect I would have loved some runners to fit the mid frame of this shot. I was drawn by the lamp post and the two figures next to it.

All day long on my sole day on shooting in London, the "Man Upstairs" shined on me for loosing a day in London due to food poisoning on the flight from KEF to LHR. :) Northern UK was being socked with a snow storm, yet it left me with varying skies throughout my London stay. After gray and rainy days in Iceland, I truly felt that I was "blessed" in London.

I m tempted i sharing some of the early day and more of the later day images, but they are VERY borderline on this thread.

Attachments

• DSC_0088-1aweb.jpg
    DSC_0088-1aweb.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 107

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
jelloshotsrule said:
well they don't have the typical sunset look, but they were pretty near sunset, so deal with it.

I like them.

Same here with my take from the Tower Bridge near sunset. I did cropping and set the WB to "cloudy" to come up with a moody expression of what was recorded.

Attachments

• DSC_0098-1web.jpg
    DSC_0098-1web.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 111
L

Lau

Pretty much every photo in this thread is amazing, but devilot, those colours are fantastic! :eek:

Dale Cooper

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2005
Lots of nice pics! Sunsets are beautiful.

I took some pictures last night:

Attachments

• DSCN0343.jpg
    DSCN0343.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN0340.jpg
    DSCN0340.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 113

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
I love threads like this. Lots of amazing photographs here. Reminds you that there's a number of people here at MR that do this for a living...

Anyway, I do not do this for a living, but here are my meager contributions just the same:

1) 24 Hours of Moab mountain bike race in Southern Utah
2) Somewhere in northern Scotland...I forget where
3) Albuquerque, NM, from the Sandia Peak Tram
4) Bonfire at dusk, Inis Mor, Ireland

Attachments

• screenshot.jpeg
    screenshot.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 80
  • screenshot1.jpeg
    screenshot1.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 93
  • screenshot2.jpeg
    screenshot2.jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 160
  • screenshot3.jpeg
    screenshot3.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 97

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Lau said:
Pretty much every photo in this thread is amazing, but devilot, those colours are fantastic! :eek:
Aww shuck, thanks. :eek: Bummer though, I think that trip forever changed my camera-- it was freezing up there, and all this condensation formed on a ton of its surfaces! :(

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
m-dogg said:
Anyway, I do not do this for a living, but here are my meager contributions just the same:

2) Somewhere in northern Scotland...I forget where

i love that tree one. i'm a sucker for silhouetted trees with a nicely colored background.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
irmongoose said:
goasunset2.jpg

irmongoose

Wow, that's my favourite so far. I'm a bit of a sucker for silhouettes. Lots of sunsets and sunrises are hit and miss. Sometimes they're very plain, sometimes they seem like they're plain but the photographer makes it great. But I think yours had less to do with luck (no red, pink, and yellow smeared across the sky, bah!) and more with having a good eye and knowing what to look for. ;)

devilot said:
But they're memorable! Sunrise from the peak of Mt. Haleakala in Maui (did I spell that correctly? :eek:).

Wow, there's one cloud with a really crazy shape that I just love. I like how there seems to be cloud above and below. It's almost like you had to be flying to take that sort of photo.

Anyway, here are 2 sunrises, and 2 sunsets. And yes, I realize that there are some photos posted already that blow mine away. ;)

Attachments

• Lighthouse sunrise.JPG
    Lighthouse sunrise.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 118
  • Mountain lookout sunrise.jpg
    Mountain lookout sunrise.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Bondi Sunset.jpg
    Bondi Sunset.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Easter show sunset.jpg
    Easter show sunset.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 124

Normunds

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2005
two of mine

I think these are the only sunset photos I have :)

Attachments

• IMG_1550_rus.jpg
    IMG_1550_rus.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1547_ru.jpg
    IMG_1547_ru.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.