Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Maspalomas - Gran Canaria
136529184_3876ae3376.jpg

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
devilot said:
:teary eyes: Thanks for posting that photo, I miss crew... Whereabouts did you take that one? :eek:

The students from Georgetown University crew on the Potomac River, which divides Washington, DC from the Virginia suburbs. I was at the Tidal Basin area of DC, having spent the day taking photos of the cherry blossoms and the people who were looking at the cherry blossoms; as the sun began to fall I wandered over to where I could view the river and was rewarded by a beautiful sunset. The sight of the crewers (is that a word?) was serendipity!

Marinellio

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2006
I'm definately lovin' them all, here's another one I took back in January...I like it alot, but thats just me...

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 107

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Clix Pix said:
...having spent the day taking photos of the cherry blossoms and the people who were looking at the cherry blossoms; as the sun began to fall I wandered over to where I could view the river and was rewarded by a beautiful sunset. The sight of the crewers (is that a word?) was serendipity!
Ooh... you've got to post some photos of the cherry blossoms (maybe in a more relevant thread :eek:)! And you'd use the term, 'rowers' instead.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
iGary said:
I know exactly where you took those. :)

I miss my running...:(
Aww. You can still walk/bike, right? A chance for some exercise and for you to see the familiar sights (I know, it's just not the same).

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
devilot said:
Aww. You can still walk/bike, right? A chance for some exercise and for you to see the familiar sights (I know, it's just not the same).

Just reminded me of my 4.a.m. starts on the mall in DC for those 30-milers in the summer.

I'll be back in the game eventually - meanwhile, nice pics everyone. :)

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
devilot said:
Ooh... you've got to post some photos of the cherry blossoms (maybe in a more relevant thread :eek:)! And you'd use the term, 'rowers' instead.

Thanks, Devilot! "Rowers..." right. I think I was running out of steam when I typed that "crewers," getting into the wee hours of my morn! :D

The image I posted early in this thread is also from that same time period, a few weeks ago when the cherry blossoms were at their peak. A lot of photographers all lined up to shoot the Jefferson Memorial as the sun was rising up behind it. At first there were more photographers milling around the Tidal Basin than anyone else, but as time went on more people started appearing: folks on the way to the office who were cruising through the Basin area for a quick look at the blossoms, runners and joggers, older retired folks taking a leisurely stroll....and of course the inevitable tourists. By 11:00 in the morning the entire area was jam-packed with people.

Good idea to share some of the photos I took there -- I'll do that in a different thread. Don't have time right now but this evening when I'm back from work I'll do that!

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
iGary said:
Just reminded me of my 4.a.m. starts on the mall in DC for those 30-milers in the summer.

I'll be back in the game eventually - meanwhile, nice pics everyone. :)

Thanks, Gary! Yep, there were quite a few runners and joggers very early in the morning there and also in the early evening as well. Mostly we saw morning runners, though, when there was less traffic and fewer people. I can imagine you would miss doing that andI hope you can get back into some sort of exercise eventually, even if it's not as intensive as you had done previously. I know how that is with back problems, you really do have to be careful....

Whiteapple

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2006
Haute Savoie,France
Debuts

I am making my debuts in photography tell me what you think. Thanks :)

PS: First three with Sony DSC-V1 and 4th with D70 inside a TGV train (186mph)

Attachments

• DSC00136.jpg
    DSC00136.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC00635.jpg
    DSC00635.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC00875.JPG
    DSC00875.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 98
  • _DSC3267.jpg
    _DSC3267.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 102

tchorta

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2005
Wyoming
Taken on Christmas 2004 with a Canon PowerShot S50

Attachments

• sunset04.jpg
    sunset04.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 88
  • xmassunset04.jpg
    xmassunset04.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 100

Sammis89

macrumors regular
May 30, 2005
I know that everyone else's blows mine away, but here it is:

137829441_faf4eb6f8e.jpg

I took it last December in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, from my Hotel Balcony...

MacMosher

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2006
Canada
Man did my surf today ever remind me of this thread. I was out around sundown and the water was glassy and reflecting the sundown like mad, and theres were seals playing around us. If only I could afford the underwater casing for my Camera right now :(

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Sammis89 said:
I know that everyone else's blows mine away, but here it is:

I took it last December in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, from my Hotel Balcony...

Don't sell yourself short. This is a very nice image, made even more special because of what it means for you, each time you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.