Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I must admit I nearly bit the bullet today and pre-ordered .... I'm fighting myself on this one
woohoo! I knew you would...

200.webp

Reactions: MRU

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
woohoo! I knew you would...

200.webp

Because you love us and don't want to feel left out when we start posting our unboxing pictures. :D

It is this fora, it does something to the mind. We're like the worst gadget intervention group EVER !!!

Plus not many are getting the arctic silver here, so I'm really just doing a public service !!! Aren't I ???

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I must admit I nearly bit the bullet today and pre-ordered .... I'm fighting myself on this one

So close to submitting that order. Why do I do this EVERY and I mean EVERY time.

Yeah, ever since I found out I'm going to be getting HBO for free I've been considering getting one since it would be almost a wash bill wise. Had to fight myself not to go to Best Buy today. If I can get through the next month I should be fine. Though my birthday is in a couple of weeks ...... no, must stay strong.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
You implied more here than there was. You got offended and then turned the whole conversation into a sexist rant of your own.
This statement is gender neutral. It could be allied to all genders...man, woman, gay man or woman or trans-gender

You took it and applied your own assumptions and bias to it.
I just thought of something...what would she say if she ever got a look at the posts from Omgitselaine over at the other forum? I love her sense of humor and she makes MRU's little joke look downright prim in comparison. Lovely woman, too.

We really have all kinds of people in the world and any individual would be best served trying to understand people on their own terms without passing judgement so fast. You may, in the process, discover a hidden facet of your own personality. Maybe that's what some of us are afraid of when we dismiss people with different outlooks and retreat to our safe spaces. Okay, off my soapbox for now.
[doublepost=1491523296][/doublepost]
It is this fora, it does something to the mind. We're like the worst gadget intervention group EVER !!!

Plus not many are getting the arctic silver here, so I'm really just doing a public service !!! Aren't I ???
My husband is getting arctic silver! You two can form a support group!

Edit to say...thrice damned be these post merges! Gah!

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I just thought of something...what would she say if she ever got a look at the posts from Omgitselaine over at the other forum? I love her sense of humor and she makes MRU's little joke look downright prim in comparison. Lovely woman, too.

We really have all kinds of people in the world and any individual would be best served trying to understand people on their own terms without passing judgement so fast. You may, in the process, discover a hidden facet of your own personality. Maybe that's what some of us are afraid of when we dismiss people with different outlooks and retreat to our safe spaces. Okay, off my soapbox for now.
LOL oh yeah her posts are really edgy aren't they?
But somehow I don't that would offended her....only the other way around :)

Reactions: MRU and 5105973

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Okay I'm off to cook up a very late dinner. Taco Tuesday got moved to Thursday... we had a power failure so dinner is super late tonight. :eek: I'm going to have such indigestion so I will come back to see if MRU gave in.

Reactions: MRU and jamezr

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Trust me I am. I'm on the beach 3 times a day, sand gets everywhere both in my car and pockets without any intent. (Heck my car looks like a sand pit by the end of each week)

It's why I like the security of screen protectors and it's how I know about the perils of flip cases :( to my own chagrin.

I'm waiting to see the reviews of the S8 official screen protector. Sadly third party ones are normally terrible on every edge device I've owned so far, either they don't fully adhere or the tpu ones like Zagg have a horrid spongy texture and begin curling and lifting if you utilise Gear VR.

TBH the problem looking after an edge device is what made me think of giving the LG G6 a try - and then they went and made it subpar & expensive in Europe.

I never got the opportunity to try the Note 7 official Samsung screen protector despite spending €35 and it sitting in my cupboard :( so can not attest to its quality.

Being from Wisconsin I'm jealous.

Reactions: MRU and 5105973

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013

So close to submitting that order. Why do I do this EVERY and I mean EVERY time.
Just wait for the Note :)

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
I'm going to hold out for a few months for the inevitable price drop and for them to iron out early bugs. Hope to see pics on here soon from proud new owners.

Reactions: mel823

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
If that's not fuzzy enough...this was on Amazon and claims to be for the S8 despite not having a cutout for the fps, from China with love....

View attachment 695184
[doublepost=1491514718][/doublepost]
Yes, it's a bikini for the phone. I guess it's for people who want corner drop protection but still want to see their pretty case sort of naked. The black one doesn't look too horrific, so maybe if they'd made top and bottom pieces match and matched them to the colors of the phones, it would look less awkward.
Just a useless case and it's damn ugly
[doublepost=1491534293][/doublepost]
oh yeah...I agree wholeheartedly....with a name like Bixby.......
Well Bill Bixby was a white American guy lol.
[doublepost=1491534998][/doublepost]
But that would be removing functionality. The taller display gives more room for displaying text and to display multiple apps at same time. This aspect ratio is perfect for a phone.
Yeah, yeah. The next one always seems to be the perfect aspect. Want a bigger phone,....Get a Note. I don't want a bigger phone every year. I have my sweet spot and now they made it bigger and I can only get the edge now that I don't really want.

Last edited:

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
I'm left handed, but from what I've been reading of the comments on this thread, I think I might be using my phones like a right-handed person. I do pull the phone out of pocket or purse with my left hand but quickly switch it to my right hand and unlock with the right thumb, usually, on my iPhone 7Plus or HTC 10. All other phones I use a passcode because my prints rarely work. I navigate the phone with my left middle or index fingers usually. On an SE I operate one handed using the right thumb. So...am I a lefty or righty phone user? ??:confused:??

Anyway on the S8 it feels natural for me to use my right index finger to unlock.

It IS a stupid place for a fingerprint sensor but it sounds like Apple is also having a hard time packing similar feature set into the iPhone of similar bezel-free design. If they were working with the release date the S8 is seeing, I wonder what they would have done.
[doublepost=1491470472][/doublepost]
Be careful wth that AT&T offer. We took that to get two Note 7's last year. After the recall we ended up with 2 S7 Edges. My husband caught AT&T charging us for the "free" one and when he gets back from his business trip will be doing battle with them to straighten that out.

Edit to add...how do you undo a post merge on this forum. I'm starting to get sick of unrelated posts replying to different people getting smushed together into one long one.

With the deals I am looking for, it makes me at mercy of an inconsistent and inconvenient bill credit system. T-Mobile's isn't the best either. If Samsung offered a S8 deal out of goodwill from the Note 7 fiasco, I would buy directly from them tbh. But T-Mobile needs to match their original iPhone 7 and 7+ promo from release time last year.

No disrespect to iPhone 7 owners, but how could T-Mobile offer a deal for the 'inferior' phone since it does less and costs more? They should offer something for people who use Android because we deserve love too.

Reactions: 5105973

widgeteer

Suspended
Jun 12, 2016

Other than whatever HTC is brewing, this is probably the last major Android release until fall.

I think that's plenty good reason to order.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013

Forget the elusive white model. Go for the all black model and call it a successful phone pre-order haha!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.