Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
The Chromebook Plus is nice, the only two things I dont like are no backlit keyboard and it seems like I would have to frequently left click on the track pad to register a click on a link

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
What made you want to replace the iPad Pro?

How can I say it in a way that makes sense? If I was staying with the iPhone, the iPad Pro is my go to idea. But the only thing keeping me using the iPad was/is the ecosystem. I just don't see as much value in the iPad if I'm using an Android phone.

Might be good to have a full desktop browser.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Reactions: jamezr

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
How can I say it in a way that makes sense? If I was staying with the iPhone, the iPad Pro is my go to idea. But the only thing keeping me using the iPad was/is the ecosystem. I just don't see as much value in the iPad if I'm using an Android phone.

Might be good to have a full desktop browser.
You know what I get this

If I got the S8 plus I would need the S3 tab

Reactions: Michael Goff

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I went to target tonight to get some odds and ends and decided to stop at the tech section. A samsung rep apparently just came in that day to set up the samsung galaxy s8 display. This is my 3rd time coming into a store and checking out the phone and I am getting more and more impressed with it.

The only thing holding me back is leaving part of the apple ecosystem. I am typing this on my MacBook and love the macOS, however I have been getting bored of my iPhone 6+. My plan was to wait for the iPhone 8, but I may get the s8+, and if I don't like it when the iPhone 8 comes out I can always sell the s8 to get it. Well see.

I am also a Mac/iphone user, but I use all google services. The best thing is stuff actually syncs across the board once you leave the apple ecosystem. The email badge goes away on your Mac/iphone if you read it on the other device, the reminder badge goes away, the calendar notification goes away. It drives me nuts that apple cannot get those things to sync across Mac/ios. I clear the reminder on the iPhone and it still shows the badge on my Mac.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Same here, got a tracking number for UPS. :D

As soon as it updates. I'm going set it up for pick up. I'm too anxious to miss a delivery.
That's my plan too. Not patient enough to wait for the dang truck :)
[doublepost=1492176987][/doublepost]
Tmobile says they'really shipping on the 19th. At least, that's what my text says:
Get ready! The Samsung Galaxy S8 releases April 21st. We’re packing your T-Mobile order #xxxxxxxxxx so you might see applicable charges on your card. We will start shipping on April 19 prior to its release.
Thats what they say. I'm hoping they ship on Monday for Tuesday delivery :)

CC117

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Anyone on here from UK and ordered from Samsung directly? Any update on your order?

widgeteer

Suspended
Jun 12, 2016
Hey does anyone know if the pre-order offer for a free Gear VR is intended for all preorders regardless of where you preordered from? I preordered from VZW, but not a peep on the Gear.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
Anyone else get an invite to the Samsung insights program? Got this last year for the Note 7 and obviously never materialized. Already filled out the survey and hoping I get chosen at least to try the S8+..

Attachments

• IMG_0814.PNG
    IMG_0814.PNG
    287.3 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: 5105973 and mi7chy

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Anyone else get an invite to the Samsung insights program? Got this last year for the Note 7 and obviously never materialized. Already filled out the survey and hoping I get chosen at least to try the S8+..

Got the email today too. Figured it's better to play with it for free. Just have to flash back to original stock ROM before signing up with app.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013

Yep I did.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
What do you mean flash back to original ROM?

Didn't want to risk getting disqualified via browser user agent info running a custom ROM since it's suppose to be done from current phone (not PC, tablet, etc.). Glad I played it safe since the end of the survey it has agreement terms to participate and one of which is to not root/modify the device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.