Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Just got shipping notice from Fedex....
Has to be the Gear VR bundle from Samsung.
On other forums people have said they ship from Brightpoint in Indiana.
Will be delivered on 5/2 :)

1aa5c4aaf15f14031030250823344f2d.jpg

Already got mine yesterday, but was too busy with a final marketing paper and the NFL Draft.

Reactions: 5105973 and jamezr

Snot Rox

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA
Apple has a feagure of background app refresh, does anyone know if there is a way of doing this on the S8? Or something similar?

I have turned off facebook notifications in app and on phone but still get the badge notifications and don't want them!

The badge notification is a samsung feature which can only be disabled using an app like package disabler pro. You can't turn it off otherwise. You can hold down on the FB app and press "hide badge" but it will come back on if you tap on the app again.
[doublepost=1493404935][/doublepost]
Unlocked International version but CSC is UAE

Oh ok. I was about to get excited thinking it was already hitting the States. lol

Reactions: SteveJUAE

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Just got shipping notice from Fedex....
Has to be the Gear VR bundle from Samsung.
On other forums people have said they ship from Brightpoint in Indiana.
Will be delivered on 5/2 :)

1aa5c4aaf15f14031030250823344f2d.jpg

Awesome. I got mine yesterday. Now time to figure out WTF to actually do with it beyond watch Netflix.
[doublepost=1493410488][/doublepost]Also, does anyone know any rumors about 7.1.1?

Reactions: jamezr

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Wow, so the B&H model is an Exynos model?

Will it work with ALL of Tmobile's bands? I always think I know what I'm reading when I read about band compatibilities, but I always end up confusing something. Can anyone more knowledgeable confirm?

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Wow, so the B&H model is an Exynos model?

Will it work with ALL of Tmobile's bands? I always think I know what I'm reading when I read about band compatibilities, but I always end up confusing something. Can anyone more knowledgeable confirm?
From what I've read in the past those international phones can't do Samsung pay and I think some carrier specific features won't work at all. Best thing to do is read the reviews for the international variant of the S7 Edge on Amazon to get an idea of what you might be in for.
[doublepost=1493418445][/doublepost]When I got back from my little landscaping gig (I was the only one who showed up...but I work fast and I am in better shape than I thought :)) the backordered Samsung Silicone case was waiting for me! It looks like Samsung got over their little supply bottleneck for some things.

I had already gotten the LED wallet case which I love. I'll enjoy switching among three cases I have but the wallet case will be the one I use most often.

See, I have embraced the iridescent pink unicorn world!
IMG_1475.JPG IMG_1476.JPG IMG_1477.JPG IMG_1478.JPG

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
Apple has a feagure of background app refresh, does anyone know if there is a way of doing this on the S8? Or something similar?

I have turned off facebook notifications in app and on phone but still get the badge notifications and don't want them!

Use phone notifications settings (not settings inside fb) to turn off.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Since updating TW launcher, I've noticed a bit of a stutter when exciting both three gallery and browser apps after hitting the home button. Anyone else getting this?

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Is the "pink screen remedy" update supposed to come though automatically via our carrier updates or am I supposed to go to a Samsung site somewhere? So far I have seen no updates when I can for them.
[doublepost=1493434039][/doublepost]
Since updating TW launcher, I've noticed a bit of a stutter when exciting both three gallery and browser apps after hitting the home button. Anyone else getting this?
Oh yeah. That came in with the first and only update I've had thus far. I thought my husband's phone didn't have it. He insisted it did not but when I took a look at his phone, oh jeez yes it had that annoying stutter. It is amazing how two people can look at the same thing and see entirely different things going on. No wonder we all fight on the internet so much.

In getting my paws on my husband's phone I made a very shocking and disappointing discovery. :eek:We may need counseling to get past this. It's going to drive a wedge between us. :( Yes, it's that bad.

He's...he's one of those people who actually prefers Samsung's backassward arrangement of the navigation "buttons". :eek:That's right. He prefers his back arrow key on the RIGHT hand side. :oops::confused:

Oh well that's my burden to bear.

Anyway don't worry there's nothing wrong with the hardware or your settings. We just need to let Samsung know it's happening. I've been all over my settings and installations and did a soft reboot. I've found nothing amiss.

Everything else is working great.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Is the "pink screen remedy" update supposed to come though automatically via our carrier updates or am I supposed to go to a Samsung site somewhere? So far I have seen no updates when I can for them.
[doublepost=1493434039][/doublepost]
Oh yeah. That came in with the first and only update I've had thus far. I thought my husband's phone didn't have it. He insisted it did not but when I took a look at his phone, oh jeez yes it had that annoying stutter. It is amazing how two people can look at the same thing and see entirely different things going on. No wonder we all fight on the internet so much.

In getting my paws on my husband's phone I made a very shocking and disappointing discovery. :eek:We may need counseling to get past this. It's going to drive a wedge between us. :( Yes, it's that bad.

He's...he's one of those people who actually prefers Samsung's backassward arrangement of the navigation "buttons". :eek:That's right. He prefers his back arrow key on the RIGHT hand side. :oops::confused:

Oh well that's my burden to bear.

Anyway don't worry there's nothing wrong with the hardware or your settings. We just need to let Samsung know it's happening. I've been all over my settings and installations and did a soft reboot. I've found nothing amiss.

Everything else is working great.

Is there a way to search for the launcher or force the update? What is it called or can you link to it?

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Is there a way to search for the launcher or force the update? What is it called or can you link to it?
It's under Settings and then just scroll down until you come to "software update" Click on it and it brings up the option to search for updates. When I do that I get told that I am up-to-date.

That was how I got the first update

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
It's under Settings and then just scroll down until you come to "software update" Click on it and it brings up the option to search for updates. When I do that I get told that I am up-to-date.

That was how I got the first update

Oh, I don't have any of those. I had the April patch but otherwise nope. Got the APK for the updated launcher, though, so that's good.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
From what I've read in the past those international phones can't do Samsung pay and I think some carrier specific features won't work at all. Best thing to do is read the reviews for the international variant of the S7 Edge on Amazon to get an idea of what you might be in for.

That's good advice as my International one CSC is locked to Samsung Pay UAE banks I have yet to find out how I can switch it to other country Cards (eg so I can also use it in Thailand). My understanding is the CSC code determines what country so if you get one where Samsung pay is not active yet you maybe stuck.

On XDA someone wrote they had swapped to local Indian banks but was not very detailed how I found this in the Samsung Pay help forum for UAE:

samsung pay.jpg

I have placed a question with Samsung pay to see if I can register 2 cards from different countries after you have got at least one country working based on the CSC code of your phone

Reactions: 5105973
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.