Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I just received the Samsung Alcantara case today. Not too bulky. It feels really really nice in your hand. You will get good grip with this case.

The material feels like suede. The part on the back where the sensors are located is well designed! Also, very good for locating the fingerprint scanner.

I would say this case is the most beautiful case, compared to all the fugly Spigen condoms and tanks. This Alcantara is quit expensive, but well worth it. You got some real ''artcraft'' in your hand.
You pay for the quality of this not too bulky case, compared to the fugly condoms and tanks of Spigen. ( Ihave about 4 of them here at home in my drawer, dont fancy any of these cases).

Again, for me this THE perfect combo of minimalism, some scratch protection but most of all, desgin/material wise. I spend the last, like 10 days, searching for the ultimate minimalistic case with a nice design

Like Flossy mentioned in his review: A big go on this case! ;)

Flossy Carter's review of the Samsung Alcantara;

The Alcantara case doesn't offer enough of a lip. He says as much.

But it sure is purty...especially the gray.

Shoot...I'd buy the case even without the S8...it's that purty! :D

Too bad Samsung doesn't make one for a 6s.

Reactions: Geert76

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Anyone worried about oils and sweat discoloring that thing pretty quickly?

I still debate naked or case almost daily and never ever will put a screen protector on my phones. Personal preference and that screen look and feel experience.

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Samung rep told me about this today. Freakin awesome. Kudos Sammy :)

Anyone know if a picture of the bottom of the box with sku and serial number will suffice as proof of purchase? The rep at the store never gave me my receipt so all I have is the box.

Edit: Just noticed I didn't quote the correct poster, my bad JayIsAwesome. I'm referring to the case, sd card, and 6 months free of Netflix giveaway through the Shop Samsung app.

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
I just received the Samsung Alcantara case today. Not too bulky. It feels really really nice in your hand. You will get good grip with this case.

The material feels like suede. The part on the back where the sensors are located is well designed! Also, very good for locating the fingerprint scanner.

I would say this case is the most beautiful case, compared to all the fugly Spigen condoms and tanks. This Alcantara is quit expensive, but well worth it. You got some real ''artcraft'' in your hand.
You pay for the quality of this not too bulky case, compared to the fugly condoms and tanks of Spigen. ( Ihave about 4 of them here at home in my drawer, dont fancy any of these cases).

Again, for me this THE perfect combo of minimalism, some scratch protection but most of all, desgin/material wise. I spend the last, like 10 days, searching for the ultimate minimalistic case with a nice design

Like Flossy mentioned in his review: A big go on this case! ;)

Flossy Carter's review of the Samsung Alcantara;

That guy's entertaining... however, can't take his videos seriously.

I love that case, but heck a Kate Spade case would probably offer more protection!

Reactions: Geert76

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I'm still looking for a ultra thin case. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to share.
I use this one sometimes and love it. Very minimal...

EF-QG955C_004_Back_Blue

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mo...8-plus-protective-cover--blue-ef-qg955clegus/

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
Anyone who has the Rhinoshield Crashguard bumper for the S8(+)?

I am about to order one. But I read that people are mentioning the bumper is not really tight around the edges. So kind of loose

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
My Alcantara case is going to be my fancy going out case when I want to show off.

Just picked up a different one super cheap off eBay (£2 lol) and it is a clear gel case, very minimal, fits like a glove and will off better protection all round. It also seems to enable the fingerprint sensor to actually work now... Best £2 I ever spent!!

Put it this way - the Alcantara case is so nice, it needs a case protector :D

Reactions: Phil A. and Geert76

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
My Alcantara case is going to be my fancy going out case when I want to show off.

Just picked up a different one super cheap off eBay (£2 lol) and it is a clear gel case, very minimal, fits like a glove and will off better protection all round. It also seems to enable the fingerprint sensor to actually work now... Best £2 I ever spent!!

Put it this way - the Alcantara case is so nice, it needs a case protector :D

Strange enough I got a cheapo insignia case from best buy with the intention of dumping it when my real case arrived arrived from spigen. Though I ended up liking it so much I just kept using it.

That alacantara case is hot though.

Reactions: JaySoul

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I use TT a lot and haven't had it crash...but it has been giving me errors when loading pictures latley.
That's interesting. I wonder if it needs to be updated to with better with our phones. I even get notifications that is slowing down my phone. I'll probably clear cache and see what happens.

Reactions: jamezr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.