Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Changed my navigation) keys to stock Android :)

c4fbb7dd3546f0af3a23e8efe5cada7f.jpg

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/05/2...-keys-on-your-galaxy-s8-with-this-little-app/
Sweet.
39d9490692da4e58953859f961a597cd.jpg

Roadstar

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2006
Vantaa, Finland
At least it's possible to switch the navigation buttons the right way around on the S8 without massive hacks. My S7 Edge is driving me crazy with its backwards arrangement.

Reactions: jamezr

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
I rarely get 3, never ever near 4 hours. If you turn off AOD and set performance to 70% you can get average battery life.

If you want good battery life, get the +.

I have an S8, and I'm routinely getting 6+ hours of screen on time, with moderate to heavy usage. The only thing I don't have turned on is AOD

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Ok. I'm using the pixel launcher with a pixel theme from the Samsung theme store, but am still looking for something better.
I love Nova because I can swipe down on the home screen to bring down the notification panel. I also set a gesture to double tap for Google Now.

Reactions: co.ag.2005

yitzmich

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2015
Is there any way to get that Google pixel widget for clock/ date and weather on my s8 without changing the launcher? I like the TouchWiz launcher but love the weather widget on the pixel.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Is there any way to get that Google pixel widget for clock/ date and weather on my s8 without changing the launcher? I like the TouchWiz launcher but love the weather widget on the pixel.

I'm sure you will just have to search for a Zooper or KWGT widget that someone has created to do that.
[doublepost=1495720443][/doublepost]If your interested in the S8 and the Gear 360, Samsung has a promo now to purchase a Gear 360 for $50 USD (normally $230 USD) with the purchase of a S8/S8+.

Get the new Gear 360 for just $49 with the purchase of a Galaxy S8 or S8+

Snot Rox

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA
I just started noticing something today with my S8+ lock screen.

On my lock screen (not using AOD) I noticed when I power the screen, there's a slight delay showing my clock and notification. I never recall having this issue before this morning.

Step-by-step: While screen is off, I use the power or home button to power up screen; first screen turns on, wallpaper shows, then clock and notification. There seems to be a small delay and not instant like I remember it being.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is it normal or should I reset the device? I already tried clearing out the cache through recovery and switching the theme, but I still experience the delay.

EDIT: After searching on youtube, it seems to be normal. Feel free to share your feedback, though!

That's what I thought too! Actually, it's not really consistent as sometimes it will just pop up instantly and sometimes it will just fade/transition. Not sure if it's a bug, but it looks like it is normal as of right now. My first S8 plus did it and my replacement does the same thing.

Reactions: HiDEF

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Saw a charge on my CC from Samsung for my unlocked S8 preorder.

It's a-comin'...!
[doublepost=1495723141][/doublepost]

Nice! Good to know that if I still don't like the Samsung launcher, I can Nova it up and get it to really look like stock.

I'm going to give the Samsung launcher an honest try for a few days though.

hansolo79

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008

You can do a search for Pixel Pill widget. I think it's on apkmirror as well as in the play store.

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
So I tried to test out messaging with Facebook messenger to see how it would be if I were to get the S8.
Facebook messenger is used just about by everyone on my contact list so that was good.

Problem is people simply dont reply when i tried to message them...I know they were available because I sent them an imessage and they responded.

So this makes it harder for me thats for sure. Im not sure what the issue is, maybe the notification is set to off as default in messenger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.