Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
Without a doubt this sealed the fact that s8 has the better overall camera than Ip7. The ball is in your court Iphone 8 :)

http://www.macworld.com/article/319...otout-iphone-7-plus-vs-samsung-galaxy-s8.html

yeah, one thing is for (110%) sure, this camera test by an Apple dominated news website, is one of the many examples Apple has a very, very tough job to do to beat the latest Samsung flagship, there's no way that Apple can be lazy again with this new iPhone like they were for the last 2 or 3 years.

But then again, their true loyal fanbase will buy ANY iPhone Apple makes, no exceptions, sales-history fully shows this.
But hey, why should Apple be a bit faster with new (useful!!!) innovations/features? they know they sell iPhones like hot cakes ;)

Last edited:

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
finally got update to DL

WhatsApp Image 2017-05-26 at 12.45.44 PM.jpeg

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Still rocking with my S8+ and appreciating it more daily. Really is jaw dropping gorgeous in terms of design, all my settings are dialed for consistent performance and responsiveness , and all the apps and services I depended on with my iPhone 7+ are basically all on my S8+.

No regrets about changing and I don't really miss my 7+ at all.

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
Can I check any of you use the new "secure folder" functionality?

When my s8 arrives tomorrow, I am thinking of using this to setup a dual environment (work and personal) with two SIM cards in the phone. Anyone has tried it whether it works. I read in secure folder you can duplicate your app so 2 copies of the app can run at the same time. Anyone has setup WhatsApp this way..i.e one copy running with your personal number and the other copy in secure folder running with your work number? Can the 2 copy receive notifications at the same time?

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
Anyone has setup WhatsApp this way..i.e one copy running with your personal number and the other copy in secure folder running with your work number? Can the 2 copy receive notifications at the same time?

then you need 2 Sim cards, cause a WhatsApp account is tied to 1 phone number.
I like your idea though!!

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
yeah, one thing is for (110%) sure, this camera test by an Apple dominated news website, is one of the many examples Apple has a very, very tough job to do to beat the latest Samsung flagship, there's no way that Apple can be lazy again with this new iPhone like they were for the last 2 or 3 years.

But then again, their true loyal fanbase will buy ANY iPhone Apple makes, no exceptions, sales-history fully shows this.
But hey, why should Apple be a bit faster with new (useful!!!) innovations/features? they know they sell iPhones like hot cakes ;)

And it isn't just the camera itself, the camera experience is better, too. From quick launch to camera settings actually in the camera app, the overall experience is faster, easier, better.

But your second paragraph is on point. Apple is simply on a different time table. The hype for the iPhone 8 will be real. These days, Apple catching up is news. Remember the introduction of the iPhone Plus? ... To record breaking sales. It will be the same this time. And that's fine.

I'm so glad my s8 is arriving before my short upcoming trip. A big part is for the camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geert76

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Still rocking with my S8+ and appreciating it more daily. Really is jaw dropping gorgeous in terms of design, all my settings are dialed for consistent performance and responsiveness , and all the apps and services I depended on with my iPhone 7+ are basically all on my S8+.

No regrets about changing and I don't really miss my 7+ at all.

Same here. And I just got the thin protective cover from Samsung, holy cow, feels like I'm not using a case at all but will help protect against scratches, etc. when placing the phone down on my desk, nightstand, etc. I just can't get over how gorgeous this design is.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Same here. And I just got the thin protective cover from Samsung, holy cow, feels like I'm not using a case at all but will help protect against scratches, etc. when placing the phone down on my desk, nightstand, etc. I just can't get over how gorgeous this design is.

Worth adding the S3 frontier makes the experience even better. Damn good smart watch. Great design, looks slick and the UX by rotating bezel trump's the apple watch force touch easily.

And Samsung Internet is the best browser in the business.

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
And it isn't just the camera itself, the camera experience is better, too. From quick launch to camera settings actually in the camera app, the overall experience is faster, easier, better.

But your second paragraph is on point. Apple is simply on a different time table. The hype for the iPhone 8 will be real. These days, Apple catching up is news. Remember the introduction of the iPhone Plus? ... To record breaking sales. It will be the same this time. And that's fine.

I'm so glad my s8 is arriving before my short upcoming trip. A big part is for the camera.
If apple makes the FPS under the glass it will be awesome.
[doublepost=1495807688][/doublepost]
Worth adding the S3 frontier makes the experience even better. Damn good smart watch. Great design, looks slick and the UX by rotating bezel trump's the apple watch force touch easily.

I tried out the gear 3 at the store. I agree, the rotating bezel is awesome compared to apple watch crown.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX

Agree on both accounts :) I have an S3 and it's the first smart watch that has made me not miss my Apple Watch... and for me, that's saying something! And Samsung Browser is incredible.

Reactions: Demo Kit

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Agree on both accounts :) I have an S3 and it's the first smart watch that has made me not miss my Apple Watch... and for me, that's saying something! And Samsung Browser is incredible.
Not sure if I asked you this before but do you use the always on display? If yes hows the battery?

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Not sure if I asked you this before but do you use the always on display? If yes hows the battery?

on the watch? If I do, I can get to bed with about 30% battery left (typically with it tracking a walk or run during the day). Without AOD, I can go to bed with it like at 80%-85% battery left.

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL

Which case are you referring to? I'm still searching for a slim/skin like case for the S8+.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
If apple makes the FPS under the glass it will be awesome.

Agree. Apple could really push FPS technology in smartphones once again. I just wish it didn't have to be in the package of a third, more expensive, and even harder to purchase tier. Not to mention my gripes with iOS.

It'll be interesting to see if Samsung has developed their technology enough to counter Apple with their own FPS under the display in the Note 8 (and shortly after, undoubtedly, in the S9). As we all know by now, they had intended for it in the S8, but didn't think it was ready for prime time -- a good call, I say. A Samsung of yesteryear may have made a different decision just to say they have it.

I can't wait to try out the IRIS and facial unlock functions when my S8 comes...

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
Which case are you referring to? I'm still searching for a slim/skin like case for the S8+.

After about using 4 or 5 (ultra) thin cases ( I am a minimalist when it comes to cases, cause I almost hate all cases out there, they either make your phone a condom or turn into a tank), I found the almost-perfect ultra thin case with a nice grip.
Its just to prevend scratches on the back of course, thats all I want/need;

https://www.bare-cases.com/products/bare-naked-for-galaxy-s8

its either this case or my DBrand black dragon skin.

I threw all my Spigen cases (about 4) to my dog, way to bulky for me. He is still chewing on some of them

Last edited:
Reactions: HiDEF

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX

This one. I used my 30% off coupon from Samsung when I bought the phone.

EDIT: the nice thing about this one is that the FP sensor has it's own cutout vs the camera cutout, so it's easier to find without looking

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170526-092917.png
    Screenshot_20170526-092917.png
    258.3 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: Geert76 and HiDEF

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
After about using 4 or 5 (ultra) thin cases ( I am a minimalist when it comes to cases, cause I almost hate all cases out there, they either make your phone a condom or turn into a tank), I found the almost-perfect ultra thin case with a nice grip.

I threw all my Spigen cases (about 4) to my dog, way to bulky for me. He is still chewing on some of them

how's the dragon skin feel? I've been tempted to get one. I love using my phones naked but just don't want the back scratched up from setting it down on my desk and nightstand. Is it more slippery than the phone? or have a good grip / feel?

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL

Does this case have a lip to protect the camera? From the images, it seems like it does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.