Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Yup, like clockwork. It's ridiculous.

Apple and its iPhone are like Prof. Chaos from South Park in the episode with the "Simpsons already did it" line. Some given Android OEM represents the Simpsons at different points in the episode.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
If the leaks are accurate, these are likely what the finished products will look like, Samsung logo and all:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Gala...numerous-angles-in-leak-based-renders_id90939

Galaxy-S8-concept-renders.jpg

Many more in the link. I hope they look this good.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
If the leaks are accurate, these are likely what the finished products will look like, Samsung logo and all:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Gala...numerous-angles-in-leak-based-renders_id90939

Many more in the link. I hope they look this good.
Beautiful.

But the logo right there in the old home button location is really an insult to the design of the device. It's like you have this beautiful sheet of lush, just fallen snow in front of you...but then someone has taken a dump right in the middle of it.

The logo was disturbing above the screen, but still bearable. This is not.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
The logo in front sucks, and sucks even more on the bottom. I hope that's one thing that doesn't come true. At the very least, make the logo a similar shade as the device; make it more discrete.

It's especially a shame on the black one. #keepitsleek

Last edited:

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
The front logo really reduces the true beauty of the phone. I'm sort of jealous that the iPhone 8 will potentially have no bezels, but I guess the trade off is the edged screen.

Reactions: epicrayban

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
There won't be a logo on the front.

By the larger display (for the smaller s8) and the curved front are negatives for me.

It's looking unlikely for me.

Reactions: Nancy bout

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
There won't be a logo on the front.

Sadly there will be, it's just inevitable at least for everywhere outside of Korea.

It's also likely that the USA version will also get the additional text "Galaxy S8" emblazoned on the back because clearly Samsung feel folks would forget what device they own

The renders look really nice though (well the black does, the blue looks gaudy) ...

Last edited:

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Would be nice to see how the software looks and feels before the unveiling.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Sadly there will be, it's just inevitable at least for everywhere outside of Korea.

It's also likely that the USA version will also get the additional text "Galaxy S8" emblazoned on the back because clearly Samsung feel folks would forget what device they own

The renders look really nice though (well the black does, the blue looks gaudy) ...

Sadly, this is what I expect as well...Samsung can't help themselves.

And it is a shame because the black looks so slick. I still think the colored bezels are a mistake and distract from design.

Reactions: MRU and jamezr

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Doesn't the iPhone have an "iPhone" on the back? I'm not worried about a "Galaxy S8" on the back.

The front logo sucks though. No escaping that. You can likely blame litigation, but these days, Samsung should have the brass to just go all out without the logo considering they made edge screens a thing. It's a real shame. But besides that, the design of this device continues to be stunning.

I can't wait to see the color options. If it's logo-less upfront, it's almost 99% going to be the black one for me. If there is a logo, still most likely black but I'll definitely be more open to other colors (a blue/gold one similar to the Note 7 and the re-released S7E would be contender).

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Doesn't the iPhone have an "iPhone" on the back? I'm not worried about a "Galaxy S8" on the back.

Agree about the back, for the most part. Most will have a case on it anyways and for those that go naked, I doubt they really spend much time looking at the back of the phone. :p

Regardless, the logos/names are generally less subtle on Samsung phones and to make matters worse, some carriers (<cough>AT&T<cough>) insist on slapping their own logo or brand name on the back too.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009

There's rumors everywhere that there will not be a logo on the front at all. I hope that's true.

Reactions: Oohara and MRU

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006
The way Verizon plastered their logo on the Note home button a while back was horrible. I don't mind the Samsung logo on the front since it's a clean logo and not bad looking.

Reactions: MRU

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place

I just don't understand why they only do that for America and the rest of us get nice clean backs with just the Samsung logo. It's strange how they mess with the aesthetics / logos region by region (outside of regulatory info) rather than just standardise.

Last edited:
Reactions: epicrayban

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
I think that rumor is based mostly on desire than reality. We all desire that to be the case, we shall wait and see what reality has in store.
Yeah, sadly a front logo-free Samsung phone is probably about as likely as an iPhone with a built in stylus...

Reactions: MRU

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
What's wrong with this picture ....

Clue.

Which side does Samsung put it's back button ?

I think the bottom bezel will be smaller than that. Which would make it hard for Samsung to add their logo on the front.

I also hope the on screen buttons are customizable, like on the LG V20.

Reactions: jamezr and MRU
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.