Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
That’s good but, but I wouldn’t get too excited. We are looking at probably March or April at the earliest based upon Samsung’s previous rollouts of OS versions of android.

On the upside Samsung’s being tweaking Touchwiz almost monthly and offering security updates. It’s impressive how committed they’ve been to the S8.

Yep. I'll believe it when I see it.

sammieboy

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
I'm happy with nougat....I'm more interested in Samsung tweaking and optimizing their Samsung Experience....any ideas if the s8 will ever get Samsung Experience 8.5?

Reactions: 5105973

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
That’s good but, but I wouldn’t get too excited. We are looking at probably March or April at the earliest based upon Samsung’s previous rollouts of OS versions of android.

On the upside Samsung’s being tweaking Touchwiz almost monthly and offering security updates. It’s impressive how committed they’ve been to the S8.

Best case scenario is that they get it done by December and it rolls out over the next few months because carriers. Unlocked will likely only get it first on Exynos.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I'm happy with nougat....I'm more interested in Samsung tweaking and optimizing their Samsung Experience....any ideas if the s8 will ever get Samsung Experience 8.5?

Just depends. 50/50 probability. I hope so. The S8 has gotten small tweaks about every 5 to 6 weeks.

Reactions: sammieboy

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
The one thing that still annoys me about Samsung devices is the volume control warning. Or the highest brightness warning. Both unnecessary. Both annoying. And something so easy and simple for Samsung to get rid of -- just have one first-time warning then a toggle whether the warning needs to show again or not. Solved. Don't know why they insist on warning the user every single time.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
I am on Bluetooth. It's already maxed out so when I go to the device to turn up the volume, it gives me the warning.

Unless I'm missing something?

same here. I get the warning on bluetooth as well. Even in my car. When I wonder why my stereo audio is so low, I see that the phone has turned media volume down to below that warning threshold so I have to bump it back up (after dismissing the warning) to 90%-100% volume that I keep it at when streaming audio in my car.

Reactions: epicrayban

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Have you got that Media Control thingy thing activated?

I had to do that with Airpods on my S8, the volume was so low until I figured it out.

EDIT: Sorry, talking about something else!!

Reactions: epicrayban

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
I have the 7+ and in my experience i get too many blurry shots.. Considering it has OIS im confused as to why.
I feel like I have to be really steady at times.

Low light overall is good, much better than my old 6S.

Not only are shots better on my S8, the camera is faster to access and easier to use, too.

And I'm not the only one liking my photos better. When I'm out with friends who are primarily iPhone owners, I'm the designated photo guy. They all want my photos.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Interesting email offer from Samsung

Get the stunning Galaxy S8 for just £19.99 per month1

make the most of your iPhone by trading it in for the Galaxy S8 for just £19.99 per month1. Simply purchase from the Samsung Shop by 8 October 20171 to take advantage of this amazing offer.
All we ask is that your iPhone:
• Must be able to power up
• Must be an iPhone 4 or newer
• Must not be a blacklisted device3

Reactions: Nancy bout

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Interesting email offer from Samsung

Get the stunning Galaxy S8 for just £19.99 per month1

make the most of your iPhone by trading it in for the Galaxy S8 for just £19.99 per month1. Simply purchase from the Samsung Shop by 8 October 20171 to take advantage of this amazing offer.
All we ask is that your iPhone:
• Must be able to power up
• Must be an iPhone 4 or newer
• Must not be a blacklisted device3

That's an amazing deal - but is that £19.99 over 12 or 24 months?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.