Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PJM83

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
Stockholm
I'm in for a preorder since my current device (HTC10) decided to take a bath right after I gave my S7e to my dad.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
They can't because the reality is Snapdragon SoCs were scoring higher than they should have.

I buy Apple products, but I'm not against Android or Samsung, nor do I mean to say that benchmarks give the whole picture. But there is certainly a trend here, and that is that Qualcomm has been slacking compared to the Apple A chips and Exynos chips.

I was hoping Samsung would stick to their own chips when they released the S6, but they chose not to.

Yeah, I hoped they would as well. But Qualcomm continues to have little competition for high end Android phones in terms of market share.

It is just the X3 and it is locally on Craigslist here in AZ for $375
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mob/5978569650.html
[doublepost=1488664438][/doublepost]
so what does that prove exactly?

Nice deal. I'd grab it up if you have the cash. With Creators Update coming soon, W10m is actually really good.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Nice deal. I'd grab it up if you have the cash. With Creators Update coming soon, W10m is actually really good.
I have an HP AIO desktop that is imho better than any iMac i have had, Win10 is awesome! But not quite sure about Win mobile not enough apps for me yet.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I have an HP AIO desktop that is imho better than any iMac i have had, Win10 is awesome! But not quite sure about Win mobile not enough apps for me yet.

Let me ask you a serious question:

What apps do you use on a daily basis?

Reactions: jamezr

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I'm in for a preorder since my current device (HTC10) decided to take a bath right after I gave my S7e to my dad.
By taking a bath, do you mean you dropped it in water? Did you buy it from HTC less than a year ago, in the US? If so, you may qualify for one free "incident" under their Uh-Oh coverage. You get free coverage for a year for either one dip in the water resulting in water damage or one drop resulting in a cracked screen. Even if you plan to get an S8, at least you will get the HTC back repaired or replaced with a refurbished one that you can keep as a spare or sell.

PJM83

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
Stockholm
By taking a bath, do you mean you dropped it in water? Did you buy it from HTC less than a year ago, in the US? If so, you may qualify for one free "incident" under their Uh-Oh coverage. You get free coverage for a year for either one dip in the water resulting in water damage or one drop resulting in a cracked screen. Even if you plan to get an S8, at least you will get the HTC back repaired or replaced with a refurbished one that you can keep as a spare or sell.
I'm not in the US so no Uh-Oh protection for me. Also it might be a little difficult to use since the phone is on the bottom of the Baltic ocean somewhere. :oops:

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I'm not in the US so no Uh-Oh protection for me. Also it might be a little difficult to use since the phone is on the bottom of the Baltic ocean somewhere. :oops:
:eek: Oh goodness. I hope at least a good time was had by all, leading up to this unfortunate event. :confused:

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Let me ask you a serious question:

What apps do you use on a daily basis?
It varies depending on mobile or desktop.

Mobile....
banking apps
facebook
Tapatalk
Flipboard
chrome
amazon
messenger (texting
email

Is there a Bank of America app on Win 10 mobile?

Roadstar

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2006
Vantaa, Finland
With Win mobile existence isn't the only issue with apps. Back when I had some Lumias alongside iPhones and Android devices, it was painfully obvious that apart from few exceptions any multi-platform apps tended to be rather crappy compared to the iOS/Android versions. It felt like the Win mobile (actual name depending on the point of time) app was two years behind the iOS/Android one.

Regarding the actual topic, the device looks nice on the video, but I have my reservations about the fingerprint scanner location and software updates now that Samsung dropped the ball with my S7E updates.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
With Win mobile existence isn't the only issue with apps. Back when I had some Lumias alongside iPhones and Android devices, it was painfully obvious that apart from few exceptions any multi-platform apps tended to be rather crappy compared to the iOS/Android versions. It felt like the Win mobile (actual name depending on the point of time) app was two years behind the iOS/Android one.

Regarding the actual topic, the device looks nice on the video, but I have my reservations about the fingerprint scanner location and software updates now that Samsung dropped the ball with my S7E updates.
I am uncertain about the FP scanner location too. I would have preferred it right beneath the camera and round to be honest.
[doublepost=1488743457][/doublepost]
Thank you :)
[doublepost=1488743515][/doublepost]
Another leaked video of an s8 in hand. It's short.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sams...on-Geekbench-along-with-the-Galaxy-S8_id91690

This has the potential to be the most beautiful smartphone.
That is a beautiful phone. I really hope the front logo is gone for good :)

Reactions: epicrayban

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Blimey. And I'm not seeing a logo on the front...................? Could it......be.........?

Fingers crossed. Leaks are most likely Asia market versions of the device. We won't really know until we see official renders of the US models.

Reactions: LIVEFRMNYC

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I am uncertain about the FP scanner location too. I would have preferred it right beneath the camera and round to be honest.
[doublepost=1488743457][/doublepost]
Thank you :)
[doublepost=1488743515][/doublepost]
That is a beautiful phone. I really hope the front logo is gone for good :)

No problem. I'll always be more of an advocate for W10m than Microsoft...

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Sorry I passed out after reading that Samsung may drop the logo and have only just come round :eek:

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Still not sure about the Fp scanner next to the camera to be honest.....

But that is one great looking phone in black!

S8-2-270x270.jpg

S8-1-340x540.jpg

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/03/0...-of-the-galaxy-s8-and-galaxy-s8-plus-surface/

Reactions: Sevanw and 5105973

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Same here, I think I'd be smudging the camera lens all the time. Why couldn't they place it below the camera instead?

They must have a reason.

Maybe having the fingerprint sensor, camera module and flash/HR next to each other creates a lot more space underneath for internals/battery that are already getting squeezed due to smaller bezels.

(I'm not saying that reason makes sense, but...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.