Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roadstar

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2006
Vantaa, Finland
Well that's certainly apt for this year where it's looking like all the major flagships are going to be between €899-1099 here.

Pricing has gone absolutely out of control.

It has indeed. I've been thinking about trying to find some decent midranger or try out a OnePlus. However, I also use my phone such extensively that I don't want to make too many compromises on the experience just to save a little on a thing I use every day. But still, the pricing is getting quite badly out of control. With Samsung you can't even justify the price with long support.

Reactions: MRU and 5105973

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Don't know whether its just me, but every 'leak' and 'render' I've seen of this phone looks awful.
Like the attempt at a bezel-less design just doesn't look right to me.

Hope the actual final reveal is nicer than what I've seen anyways.

I say this, but the S8 isn't really high on my priority list in terms of mobiles. The only Samsung phone I've ever liked is the Note 7, RIP.
It is an odd looking phone in so many leaked photos. The LG G6 looks far better even in amateur photos, but in many respects, despite the new aspect ratio, the G6 is a throwback to more classic clean lines we've admired for ages. The S8 is breaking new ground with all the curves and sensors.

I do think it's strange they wanted to really hype the bezel-less look, yet they are offering colored bezels. Those really distract the eye from what would have been a sleek look that would likely have wider appeal. Not everyone is going to think the spider face is cute like I do, and even I have to admit it took time to win me over.

The Note 7 was so beautiful. The bezels added to the look and were not a distraction--they somehow got a good balance of proportions. Yeah, the aesthetics are a bit off on the S8, from what we can tell so far.

Reactions: Aneres11 and MRU

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Don't know whether its just me, but every 'leak' and 'render' I've seen of this phone looks awful.
Like the attempt at a bezel-less design just doesn't look right to me.

Hope the actual final reveal is nicer than what I've seen anyways.

I say this, but the S8 isn't really high on my priority list in terms of mobiles. The only Samsung phone I've ever liked is the Note 7, RIP.
I remember the S5 leaks and everyone was hoping that it wouldn't look like that and it did. I think the black looks ok but the sensors on the gold look awful.

Reactions: nviz22 and MRU

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
I remember the S5 leaks and everyone was hoping that it wouldn't look like that and it did. I think the black looks ok but the sensors on the gold look awful.

I remember the old bandage jokes regarding the S5. The dotted rear plate is/was highly unnecessary.

Reactions: Demo Kit

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
the color purple......not my first choice for a phone color...but that's just me :)

C7NLBpCVAAA-HbH.jpg

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Out-of-nowhere-a-wild-Samsung-Galaxy-S8-in-Purple-appears_id92169

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
The purple leak looks real.

The blue one does not -- look at the front sensors. They don't match what are earlier and more reliable leaks. Also, the bezels are too big. There was a report about a week ago that showed Chinese knockoffs of the s8. This blue one looks just like that.

The front of the purple is all black, which is interesting. Could be fake too. Who knows.

Reactions: jamezr

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006

The blue one does not -- look at the front sensors. They don't match what are earlier and more reliable leaks. Also, the bezels are too big. There was a report about a week ago that showed Chinese knockoffs of the s8. This blue one looks just like that.

The front of the purple is all black, which is interesting. Could be fake too. Who knows.

I thought the purple one looked especially faked. It looks like painted plastic with a glossy shell over it. You can even see a shadow under the Samsung text. I found that he acknowledged on Twitter that his phone is a mockup.

https://twitter.com/kksneakleaks/status/841523595717275648

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Let's hope they are fake.

Doing nothing to make it appear more attractive to my eyes! That purple is also awful but Samsung have always been a bit weird with their colour choices.

Thought they were finally getting it right with their 2017 'A line'. All of those colours are spot on and stand out for the right reasons.

Selling a load of them at work currently.

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
The blue one has large unused gaps at the top and bottom of the screen, looks like an old HTC.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
It's fake ... look at the top right corner of the box. That should be colour matched to the colour of the device and no way are Samsung going to use exactly same box art as S7. Total fake and bad phtotoshop ...

I was wondering on the first pic. .... Why are there black bars on the display? No way Samsung would allow that. The home screen would cover the entire display. Also the bottom benzel looks larger than the other leaks. And lastly, the Samsung logo on both pics are too light. It's not that light on the blue Note 7 photos.

This is great news for me, as my hopes of no logo on the front remains alive. :)

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Looks like coral blue too....

C6xSRFMWYAE2P1s.jpg

C6xSRE9WsAEqFYx.jpg
The real Coral blue colour is lovely but those sensors. Black is the only viable option it seems.
[doublepost=1489909539][/doublepost]

The blue looks like the old S5/alpha colours. Metallic and shiny.

Black is the only colour it seems.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.