Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
I don't modify mine and it works just fine. What are you even talking about there?And Siri is a disaster compared to Google Now. Not even close to working as well.

LAG LAG LAG. That is all Android does mostly on Samsung phones. But it is terrible. You have to turn off a ton of stuff to stop the lag, and save battery life. Gotta love it when I may need to make a 911 call, and I can't get into the dialer fast enough because my phone stops responding. Seen that a ton of times.

Google NOW just came out. Again, Siri was much better than anything Android HAD.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
LAG LAG LAG. That is all Android does mostly on Samsung phones. But it is terrible. You have to turn off a ton of stuff to stop the lag, and save battery life. Gotta love it when I may need to make a 911 call, and I can't get into the dialer fast enough because my phone stops responding. Seen that a ton of times.

I barely disabled anything on the Note 2, Note 4, S6 Edge, S7 Edge, and Note 7 to get good battery life and near lag free experience. Now I would agree with you when talking about the S3 and S4.

And the Note 7 UX TouchWiz is lighting quick, actually faster than my iPhone 7 plus. The only things that my iPhone 7 plus is better at is ...... faster game loading times, Stand-By battery life, and Audio Quality.

Being that the S8 is going to be an advancement on top of what the Note 7 was, it's going to be considered higher tiered by many vs the iPhone 7 plus. As long as Samsung doesn't screw anything up.

I personally can't wait to see what the S8 and iPhone 8 brings.

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
I barely disabled anything on the Note 2, Note 4, S6 Edge, S7 Edge, and Note 7 to get good battery life and near lag free experience. Now I would agree with you when talking about the S3 and S4.

And the Note 7 UX TouchWiz is lighting quick, actually faster than my iPhone 7 plus. The only things that my iPhone 7 plus is better at is ...... faster game loading times, Stand-By battery life, and Audio Quality.

Being that the S8 is going to be an advancement on top of what the Note 7 was, it's going to be considered higher tiered by many vs the iPhone 7 plus. As long as Samsung doesn't screw anything up.

I personally can't wait to see what the S8 and iPhone 8 brings.

I've owned the note 2,3,4,5,7 and now an s7 edge and many others. My s7 edge is probably the worse phone for lag especially right after a restart. I have to let it sit for 10 minutes before thinking about using it or it just doesn't want to respond. My iPhone 7 plus works instantly every time.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I've owned the note 2,3,4,5,7 and now an s7 edge and many others. My s7 edge is probably the worse phone for lag especially right after a restart. I have to let it sit for 10 minutes before thinking about using it or it just doesn't want to respond. My iPhone 7 plus works instantly every time.

Then you have a defective phone. The S7 Edge is one of the best Galaxy phones to date. Had no issues with regular usage, heavy usage like gaming, streaming, editing videos, etc, and no issues with being on the Gear VR for hours at a time. I would still be using the S7 Edge if I didn't give it in for the Note 7.

Even after a restart, 10 minutes of lag is not normal.

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
Then you have a defective phone. The S7 Edge is one of the best Galaxy phones to date. Had no issues with regular usage, heavy usage like gaming, streaming, editing videos, etc, and no issues with being on the Gear VR for hours at a time. I would still be using the S7 Edge if I didn't give it in for the Note 7.

Nope, it's a common issue for lag on the s7. I'm on android central and we discuss it daily. Lol. Here is proof android fans continue to deny the facts.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Nope, it's a common issue for lag on the s7. I'm on android central and we discuss it daily. Lol. Here is proof android fans continue to deny the facts.

Android Central is still the minority. Otherwise by your logic, MacRumors is proof that the iPhone 7 plus does NOT work instantly every time (as you stated it does).

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Google NOW just came out. Again, Siri was much better than anything Android HAD.
Lol,Google now has been has been out for a few years. My battery easily lasts all day and then some and lag isn't a problem so I can't relate.
I have a GS7, not the edge phone. Best battery I've ever had in the Galaxy line(never had a Note) or phone period. Obviously you don't want to hear that.

Reactions: nordique

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
I've had every S except the 6. I've had note 3, 4, 5, 7.
This S7 edge (exynos) is not a lag fest in the slightest.

Best galaxy S so far. I still think the Note 7 was better though....

Reactions: nordique

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Lol,Google now has been has been out for a few years.

Google Now came out 2012 I believe. So yeah definitely not 'just recently'. Google Assistant is kind of new but really is just Google Now refined into a more message like experience, indeed if your not using certain defined languages on your device it will still be Google Now regardless, and even then if it was GA that was being confused with GN, it is irrelevant as GA is not on other devices other than Pixel so becomes moot.

Both my S7 & S7E I could not describe as laggy personally. They did drop GUI animations once in a while when navigating device and only momentary pause I ever got was using Briefing / UpDay. Whilst the Pixel definitely feels the smoothest android, the S7 & S7E were not a million miles away as being portrayed.

Reactions: Klyster

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Google Now came out 2012 I believe. So yeah definitely not 'just recently'. Google Assistant is kind of new but really is just Google Now refined into a more message like experience, indeed if your not using certain defined languages on your device it will still be Google Now regardless, and even then if it was GA that was being confused with GN, it is irrelevant as GA is not on other devices other than Pixel so becomes moot.

Both my S7 & S7E I could not describe as laggy personally. They did drop GUI animations once in a while when navigating device and only momentary pause I ever got was using Briefing / UpDay. Whilst the Pixel definitely feels the smoothest android, the S7 & S7E were not a million miles away as being portrayed.
Allo, the app is the Google assistant that you can get from the play store. I have it on my GS7. I don't like it.

Reactions: MRU

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014

Never had a Samsung device before the S6, currently have an S7 and it came with less bloatware than the S6 did.

S7 is plenty smooth and fast, never lagged for me, and with the right settings and black background it lasts all day.
[doublepost=1483344893][/doublepost]

I've had an S7 since April, no lag here. Never have had it. It's fast and smooth. I have an iPhone 6s and 7 and SE to compare with.

They are all very fast and smooth devices.

Reactions: Klyster

grkm3

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2013
guys just wait for official Android 7 for the galaxy's Samsung has upped it's game big-time in the operating system.its called grace now and scrapped TouchWiz and redid the O's from the ground up.

watch this video with the beta 7.0 on the gs7

PS mru u will like the ram management in 7.0 take a look at the end of the video as it keeps the games loaded etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: MRU and LIVEFRMNYC

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
Never had a Samsung device before the S6, currently have an S7 and it came with less bloatware than the S6 did.

S7 is plenty smooth and fast, never lagged for me, and with the right settings and black background it lasts all day.
[doublepost=1483344893][/doublepost]

I've had an S7 since April, no lag here. Never have had it. It's fast and smooth. I have an iPhone 6s and 7 and SE to compare with.

They are all very fast and smooth devices.

I've had mine since release. My lag didn't start till about 4 months ago.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa

I don't have any of these issues, lol, having to turn off a ton of stuff??? WTF are you on about?

Lag on my S7 Edge is minimal, I have lag on both it and my iPad Air 2.

I don't have to try save battery, it does a great job and easily gets me through a day and then some.

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
I don't have any of these issues, lol, having to turn off a ton of stuff??? WTF are you on about?

Lag on my S7 Edge is minimal, I have lag on both it and my iPad Air 2.

I don't have to try save battery, it does a great job and easily gets me through a day and then some.

Read the android forums. Lag is common.

Reactions: Paul Dawkins

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Read the android forums. Lag is common.

If we went by what people said on forums, we'd assume Apple was conspiring to scratch, bend, ruin our reception and multiple other "Gates".

Fact is, people are more vocal about the negatives than the positives.

Paul Dawkins

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
Stonehenge

I had the same on S6. Had to disable almost everything or it would lag like crazy and battery life was rubbish.
[doublepost=1483442089][/doublepost]
Hate to break it to you, but it being a thing talked about on forums doesn't make it common overall.
I remember like it was yesterday when I bought S6. It had very noticeable performance issues that didn't go away after the updates it received. I wasn't alone by the way. I asked around and everyone had same issues.

I had to disable basically everything that can be disable like Office, OneDrive, Google Play, Games, Music whatever, Samsung nonsense like s voice etc. to make it usable.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I had the same on S6. Had to disable almost everything or it would lag like crazy and battery life was rubbish.
I remember like it was yesterday when I bought S6. It had very noticeable performance issues that didn't go away after the updates it received. I wasn't alone by the way. I asked around and everyone had same issues.

I had to disable basically everything that can be disable like Office, OneDrive, Google Play, Games, Music whatever, Samsung nonsense like s voice etc. to make it usable.

I only had to disable Facebook and T-Mobile Voice Mail app on the S6 Edge, and it was smooth. But it did overheat too fast when using the Gear VR. They fixed that with the S7 Edge.

On the S7 Edge and Note 7, same exact thing. Except on the Note 7 I didn't disable Facebook, and still had no issues.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012

I could turn on my s6 and use it just well even today. My issue was always battery. It isn't lag. Maybe it lagged at first, but Marshmallow pretty much fixed that problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.